Will an AMD FX 6100 bottleneck a GTX 950?

Will an AMD FX 6100 bottleneck a GTX 950?

Can the bottleneck be reduced/killed by overclocking the CPU to 4.1 - 4.5 GHZ? stock clock is 3.3 GHZ

>inb4 get a 10xx
>inb4 upgrade processor

im on a super tight budget, my FX is like 3 years old, the GPU arrived yesterday.

AMD CPUs are shit, but seriously now, this "bottlenecking" meme is getting out of hand. Unless your CPU is like a decade old, meaning you also got borderline obsolete machine in whole, there's not going to be notable difference. Hell, majority of games still rely much more on the GPU than CPU; I've managed to play tons of vidya with craptops with shitty, low-clockspeed dualcore CPUs, but decent 1GB dedicated GPUs.

I've been playing Overwatch at Ultra settings at 60+ frames per second but when i played Dark Souls 3, holy shit.

I finished DaS3 with a fucking 1gb ddr5 card, i see tons of improvement with my new cards but there are still some areas (dragon barracks, archdragon peak) where my frames go to fucking shit, as down as 20 fps for some seconds

i dont know if its my cpu or some shit like that. I should get an i5.

time to save dosh i guess

This basically
I've never seen my fx-8350 have a single core run at 100% usage.

Dark Souls 3 is optimized poorly as shit. Nobody has it running smoothly

The 6100 is monumentally shitty. If you can grab an used 6300 and your mobo supports it, do so, it's far more serviceable and shouldn't be too expensive.

Fucking asians cant do anything right.

I'm gonna have to use my shitty 6100 a bit longer since im getting a new mobo soon, after that i might get a liquid cooling system so i can overclock my 6100 up to 4.6 ghz so it's not a pain in the ass while i save for a 8350

>mfw got a i7 950
>mfw ordered a 1060
It's gonna be ok right guys ?

Yes.

>Even my 5+ years old is better than your crappy cpu
>He just bought gtx 950
>Not Even gtx 960
>Not Even gtx 970

How poor and naive are you? Do you really think you will be able to play any modern game at low settings 1080p and more than 30fps. I want to know how delusional are you.

You will be heavy cpu bound (even with oc) in games like Just Cause 3, Deus Ex MD Rise of The Tomb Raider, Gta V, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. But if you don't play open world games then you will do fine.

If you can oc to 4.0ghz just do it.

It has played every game i have thrown at it at 50-60 fps on max settings with a shitty processor

get fucked, you're the kind of cancer the console gamers use to bash pc gamers.

Grow up

i'm cancer console gamer? fuck off kiddo i haven't owned any console since nes days

i'm bashing retarded pc gamers who think they can play modern pc games with amd laptop cpus.

I grew up when i have bought intel i5 2500k + other parts with my own money i'd recommend you do the same except with new i5s

>mfw I got an entire machine with an i5-2400, 8GB RAM and 500GB HD for 90 bucks

Bottleneck is a thing that depends on the game, really, there isn't a general rule. It's almost certain that it will happen for you while playing that Hitman episode crowded as fuck, even on low settings. You also may experience some stuttering while driving in GTA V.

I even got stutters with i5 2500k oced to 4.3ghz so he will stutter 24/7

what an insecure nigger lmao

have a (you)

Dude learn to read, he says you're the kind of jackass that gives PC a bad name, not that you're a console shitter you illiterate dunce.

its not "bottlenecking," its "can your CPU process render commands fast enough to play your games at a decent framerate?" it has nothing to do with your CPU being too slow for your gpu; it has to do with your CPU being too slow for your games.

you might have to upgrade your CPU, but its not because you got a fancy new GPU.

Thank you. I'll start saving for a new cpu after i get my new motherboard

Your input is appreciated

I was gonna say that guy was wrong. But no. No, you're fucking idiot.

did you scam a black person?

are you aware of you being a nigger?

I have a Corsair Watercooling and the CPU runs at a stable 40°C.
I think I might be able pull it off.

>I'll start saving for a new cpu after i get my new motherboard
Don't do that, buy them both at the same time when you know your budget and needs. Getting the mobo and letting it sit for a few months while you save money is a good way to get burned when new stuff comes out the pipeline and you can't take advantage of it.

you mentioned you had a tight budget, what is your budget ceiling OP?

and what CPU do you have now?

My current CPU is a 3 y/o AMD FX 6100 3.1 GHZ stock clock

Sadly i love in Mexico, where everything is a bit more expensive due to imports and shit.

My current budget for the new CPU is about 220 bucks (wich translates into 4500 mexican dollarz)

I dont know if i should save for an intel mobo and get an i5 or just get an 8350 and overclock as much as i can when i get liquid cooling

>8350
Just wait for Zen. Why would you buy one at this point?

Either wait for Zen or buy a current gen i5, compadre.

When are those new processors coming out? I suppose im gonna have to get a new motherboard for them... or could it be they will support AM3 chipsets?

>Sadly i love in Mexico, where everything is a bit more expensive due to imports and shit.

yeah, i have a friend who lives in chile and he experiences the same kind of thing, i'd say wait a few more months for zen to release

You should be fine. Nvidia drivers suffer less from overhead on DX9/11 anyway.

Wait for Zen in Q4 2016/Q1 2017 or get a Haswell/Skylake build. Don't buy anything Memedozer in 2016 for performance.

Shit bait

I do, and my PC sounds like it's idling with everything maxed.

Granted, I'm only playing it at 1080p60

As far as I know, AM4 breaks compatibility with everything except old coolers. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing either, 990FX is goddamn ancient at this point and supporting it would've probably led to some shitty legacy compromises.

Heavily CPU bound? At 1080p and 60 fps not really

This is a core i7 at 4ghz first gen with a gtx 1070

Can still get 82 fps average on witcher 3. Course the better cpus can reach higher but for 60 fps the i7 950 is still good. If you run 1440p or need 120/144 fps then yea you're gonna want the best cpu.

Nope AM4. Plus the cooler and the cpu. All of which will likely be sold out for a few months or price inflated. Unless they price it so low that intel follows then everyone wins.

>still have my old i7 860 and it still does everything just fine

CPU bottleneck is mostly just a meme. Games usually prefer GPU performance clearly over everything else.

Got an FX 6300 with a 750 TI and thinking about upgrading to a GTX 1060, yay or nay?

Keep in mind that most benchmarks even go for the most busiest areas, so these are more akin to minimum framerates you won't have in an open field.

if you play at 1080p you wont need another gpu for like 5 years

Nay the rx 480 will last you far longer seeing as you have a 750ti.

Will be definitely on the limit, games with heavier CPU-usage might bottleneck somewhat. Stock speeds on the 6300 are fairly low though, OC that thing.

>fter that i might get a liquid cooling system so i can overclock my 6100 up to 4.6 ghz so it's not a pain in the ass while i save for a 8350

Don't do this. Just wait for the new line of CPUs and put the money you would have spent on the cooling system and 8350 towards one decent CPU that shits on them both. Or buy a used Intel CPU.

>It has played every game i have thrown at it at 50-60 fps on max settings with a shitty processor

>950
>maxing anything recent

Do you exclusively play games from prior to 2010, or is your monitor only 480p?

wtf I don't understand a word of this you nerd lmao????

I still have a nvidia 560ti, how bad do you think im suffering?

Nah, 750 Ti is already struggling on low 1080p on some new games. I'd say next year it should already be below PS4 level on pretty much everything.

What kind of cpu do you have? Save up for an RX470 or 480.

You can only know that yourself. If you're fine with the games you're playing, there's no need to upgrade yet.

It can do 1080p/30fps low on virtually any game though. Consoles aren't often different, especially the Xbox with its butchered 7790. :^)

atm intel core i5 750

not sure what id personally like to touch up

I have E8400 Dual-core clocked to 3,6gHz and overclocked MSI GTX 750ti and im playing Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 on mid-high settings

Whats the best GPU in a pricerange from 150-200?

I want to upgrade my GPU but my budget is very tight and my GTX 570 is just not doing it anymore all that much.

The CPU is already on the way.

470 4GiB, starting around 199$. I see Powercolor and Sapphire models on that price right now, assuming you're a burger.

If you can a 390 for the same price on some deal, go for that.

This, to find CPUs that bottleneck you, you either have to buy one of those $30 AMD CPUs, or a 7 year old Intel one.
My i5 650, for example, was a dual core shittier than the lowest end i3 2000 series, THAT is a bottleneck.

Then again, you should update your CPU anyway, even the i3 6100 will be a vast upgrade.

I hope so. Bought a very cheap 950 recently because I'm a poorfag just like OP, it has to last at least until I get a decent job to pay for a 480 or something. Still worth it rather than getting a console.

>bought a PowerSpec rig at MicroCenter a month ago
>mfw the GTX 960 I was going to buy along with it sold out
>mfw a friend offered to sell me a GTX 970 the very same day because he upgraded

It may only have an i5 6500, but it's got 16 gigs of DDR4. I'm set for at least 2-3 years.

GTX 950 will destroy any console

if you intend to stay over the console range the 950 will last some good years