Bought this a few years ago but never got to play them

Bought this a few years ago but never got to play them
What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

mgsforums.com/topic/7644188/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Skip the first two (they're really dated)
Have fun

>What should I expect?
A shitstorm of people arguing about MGSV in here.

>Skip the first two (they're really dated)

Your mom's really fucking dated but you don't hear me complaining.

Expect tons of feels and TECHNOLOGY.
Some pretty engaging stories too, that expand with each game.

You are going to have to buy MGS1 separately from PSN store or online, because it is not included.

Play the games in the release order.
1-2-3-4-PW-GZ-TPP.

I would also recommend reading the summaries of MG1 and 2 in the MGS1's main menu, and watching the Briefing -videos too. Try some VR training and/or read the manuals before jumping to campaign.

Talking about MG 1 and 2

I wish Konami would port Metal Gear Ac!d 1 + 2 to PS4, the fucks...

bet the download codes are expired

>to PS4
who cares about that dead on arrival system anyway?

Just grab PPSSPP, and play them in HD resolutions of your choice.

>download codes
they are in the main-menu of MGS3, son.

MG 1 and 2 are on the disc
You're thinking about MGS1 and the VR Missions, that's the Legacy Collection

They're actually on disc, located in the menu of MGS3.

It's on MGS3 dumbfuck

>PPSSPP

Already have.

I still own my UMD copies, actually.

Acid is shit

>MGS HD collection

The only good game in the HD collection is MGS2 unfortunately. I recommend you get MGS1 too since it's the best MGS game in the series, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not playing it even if you're not into Metal Gear games.

Already have MGS1 from a PSN years ago.

You should expect 3 amazing games. IMO, you should play 3 first, then peace walker

>playing MGS games in any other order than the release order

Looks like he doesn't have MGS1 tho, so playing 2 before 3 would make no sense. 3 is good as a first game because its the first chronologically.

read the thread again. He has.
And even if he would not, he would just have to man the fuck up and get it.

>3 is good as a first game because its the first chronologically.
Wrong.

Why's that? You dont need to know anything about any other MG game to understand everything. Sure, some small references or the significance of some things will be lost on you, but its not a huge deal.

The fuck? MGS3 and Peace Walker are both incredible.

its a prequel. You play them after the game they prequel. They are written to take advantage of that. You're dumb.

mgs3 is incredible

peace walker is mediocre. Ill never understand its praise

They're written to take advantage of that? The main plot doesn't require u to play any prior games to understand it, unlike literally all the other games except MGS1. Hypothetically if you didnt have 1, then its the next best game to start.

Disappointment

A missing game

2=1>3>PW>4>V

Xboxfag here, I have the HD collection on 360. Can I play Peace Walker and TPP before GotP? (Already played 1-3)

Agreed. Pw is decent. 3 is master race for sure

Yeah, definitely.

Yeah, you're dumb. Theres so much that ties it into the events of 2. You miss the signifigance of ALL of that if you havent played it.

Yeah, definetly

no not really

literally grab popcorn and watch the "movie" version on youtube, you will be getting essentially the same experience as everyone else did when they actually "played" it

>PO
>Sucks hard

except theres more hours of gameplay in 4 then any of the previous MGS games.

But keep meming

First off, I don't think there's THAT much stuff. Its totally better to play them in release order, but if you cant, then chronological isn't that much worse.

mgsforums.com/topic/7644188/1/

except it has the 3rd amount gameplay in the MGS series. MGS3 has the most

Why couldn't he? You don't miss anything major in those 2 games without MGS4

except from the reveal about zero and support cast being the villains of the game, say what you want about it but its only right to experience that reveal in the way it was designed to form a balanced opinion on

No. But the stuff is SIGNIFICANT

You don't know who Big Boss is. You don't know this is going to be a story that disillusions him with America.

You don't know who the patriots are, or how significant they are to the rest of the timeline.

You won't appreciate the drunk who talks about a tank on legs. You won't get the references to Hal Emmerichs research.

You miss out on the entire context of the game with its place in the universe.

STOP

STOP RECOMMENDING PEOPLE TO PLAY MGS3 BEFORE THE OTHERS. FUCKING STOP

You mean that they're the villains of MGS4, right? Those guys aren't in PW, and are barely in 5 unless I'm mistaken.

also dont forget seeing young ocelot. Theres nothing really significant about that without playing the first 2

I guess, but I still don't rly think that's a huge deal. And i'm not recommending it, i'm just saying that if you don't have any other choice, then its not that much worse.

they are mentioned and explained to be the creators of the patriots etc, zero being essentially the villian etc.

Well yeah, its pointless to play MGS2 without playing 1.

Still just emulate or purchase a digital copy of mgs1

Yeah, definitely. I would never play the Solid games out of order, or the Big Boss games out of order.

Release order.

Get the Legacy Collection or download 1 and 4. Play MG1 and 2 if you want, read a summary if you don't.