Unpopular Opinions Thread

I really like Fallout 4, and I think it improved on every aspect of F3 except for the dialouge system.

What about the removal of skills?

Assassin's Creed 3 is a great game, the definition of a diamond in the rough.

Batman: Arkham Origins is easily the best game in the series, with the best writing, art, and atmosphere.

Who cares? Those stats were completely unecessary in 3. They trimmed the fat as far as Im concerned. Fallout 4 feels like it actually knows what it wants to be, where as 3 felt like a weird mutant of different directions

The souls series is casual bullshit. I've played them and honestly have no idea how a game like this got popular or is considered hardcore. The most basic of roguelikes and roguelites have more difficulty and content. Sure the world is great and I play a tabletop based on the world, but the video game is the most casual shit I have ever played. I thought people liking it was a meme until I met people who like it in real life.

Improving on shit isn't hard.

I genuinely believe Destiny is one of the greatest games ever made.

I enjoyed the story

>I really like Fallout 4, and I think it improved on every aspect of F3 except for the dialogue system.

You must be blind not to notice how bland the missions and story was compared to F3, and how the game has been made to play more as crafting fps game than rpg.

Only "muh atmosphere" fags like 3 better than 4

I realize its not an rpg, and thats inherently bad how exactly? And btw, all the fallout games are bland as white rice, except maybe 2 because i havent played 2

It not bad game, but it should be side game if it not gonna shit on the rpg aspects that make up the fallout series, instead I see Bethesda trying to take the depth and challenge out to appeal to casual market.

Destiny is freaking awesome to just have fun and shoot things, and the progression is fun too.

i would love to see fallout 1 remade as a 3d game. the setting would be great, and story is very compelling. synths were alright, but they don't really strike fear the master's mutant army does.

so you haven't played the one that isn't bland at fucking all. do yourself a favor and play 2. it's fantastic

Despite my dislike for what the Fallout franchise became after Bethesda acquired it, I have to agree with this statement. The Bethesda games were moving toward open world action games with RPG lite mechanics. Fallout 4 was just the Skyrim of the franchise.

Fallout new vegas was pretty sweet, it wasnt perfect but its still a wonderful game

I do love my automatrons. Too much fun.

Not bethesda

It hasn't really aged that well.

Fallout 4 has aged harder in one year than Fallout 3 has in 8 years. The game is a joke, the only people I know still playing it hard autistic console kiddies.

>muh PS4 mods

I like fallout 4 too user, come to /vg/ we discuss the game heavily there on /fog/ threads

Sup Forums is full of haters who are buttmad the game isnt made by muh obseedeeiiieennn

>dialouge
Opinion discarded.

>and I think it improved on every aspect of F3 except
Then you did not think thoroughly enough.

It did not improve, it simply wholly removed parts that they could not make sense of.
That is not an improvement, it is streamlining.
It runs better, but as a game it can do much less.

Some games, despite having good gameplay, can be holistically shit if the atmosphere is wrong.

See
>Kingdom Hearts
>Shadows of Mordor
>Wildstar
>Dominions 4

The reverse is also true. Some games that have terrible gameplay are still good if their atmosphere is overwhelmingly great.

>Vagrant Story
>Suikoden 2
>Bastion
>Parasite Eve

Fallout 4 is actually worse than 3 in every single way imaginable.

I even caved and decided to give it a try after feeling sick from videos alone and uninstalled within minutes. I am reinstalling TTW right now to get the taste out of my mouth.

Watch Dogs is one of the best free roam games I've ever played. Cops are persistent and takes a lot of effort to hide from, but they're not telepathic. Even if you alert enemies, you can still run and hide to flank them. Free running was satisfying and the environment provided a lot of fun and interesting opportunities to explore or reach vantage points. There's the usual amount of collectibles, but they actually have stories that you can complete instead of just being the usual floating checklist items. Side activities are everywhere and are rather unique with ones such as the drinking games, shell games, and the AR wave defense game you can start anywhere, which is especially fun when you've found an area in the back alleys which have a lot of short buildings and equipment to climb on. Fixer invasions worked really well for the wiliest of players and did exceptionally for rewarding those that thought outside the box. I would love to see what the reception for the game would be if it had a more stable release and didn't use underhanded tactics like nerfing all the bits of TECHNOLOGY and removing the overall beauty of the city in order to make the game sell better on consoles.