Is this the generation that you get back into Pokemon?

Is this the generation that you get back into Pokemon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUY5KjHwczY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, probably not.

Not unless there is a drastic change to the combat engine or main storyline. Which I know there won't be, so I'm not going to bother. I was one of the few people who liked Pokemon ORAS. But after 6 gens, I've had enough of playing the same single player story with a different setting. All leading up to the most unbalanced and tedious multiplayer experience in gaming.

>Haven't played anything since Gen II
>Played 1-2 hours of Gen 3 and dropped it
Sure why not, i kinda want to make a black loli.

those silly dance are so cute

>haven't played a main game since 2001
Yeah, no.

I played a lot of XY.

Probably skipping this.

I don't feel like getting back into breeding/comp, because I can't enjoy the game casually since they are too easy.

>back into
Better than 6 so far though.

>he's only played pre-special split pokemon

yikes

Yeah, this is the first one that's really interested me since Colosseum aside from Pokken.

I'm really not that crazy about Z- moves though.

I always say it is.
But it never is.

Yeah I'll play it
Dunno how long I'll stick with it though

I've moved on to SMT and Yokai Watch.

>breeding
just inject nigga

Nah. The battle system is still boring.

>actually changing things up for the first time ever
Obviously

what the fuck is the point of z attacks when you one shot most anything anyway

Nah, the same formula every time is boring.

Nope, Pokemon is entry level and not engaing in the slightest, where mountains of RPGs, even Ni No Kini, trump it in almost everyway.

Its a relic of nostalgia and not of quality production or gameplay.

I'm definitely hype for this gen. Getting rid of gyms shows they're willing to shake things up.

I'm pirating it anyways so might as well.

Competitive?

>Ni No Kini
terrible b8

sounds gay

Ni no kuni, despite its flaws, was better than every pokemon to date.

I never left Pokemon, except maybe for Gen 5 but even then I emulated it.

ni no kuni is shit on every level

Literally who cares about Pokemon stories

They're just background noise that you click through as fast as possible

That just means pokemon is worse than shit.

I wanna fuck that trainer

It's a very pretty game so it can't be "on every level"

Deep down, aren't we all?

polished turd

But the fedora meme would be someone who plays Pokemon for the story.

i hadn't played until since gen 2 and played XY about 6 months ago. Had a blast.

looking forward to this.

What kind of loli mating dance is that?

>Literally who cares about Pokemon stories
Pokemon fans.

But for the record, I wasn't talking about the stories. I was talking about changes to game engine (combat, progression and design).

>Actually changing things up for the first time ever

You're too retarded to be taken serious.

So you actually enjoy biking in circles for hours?

Good joke. Everything from Gen 4 onwards has been completely uninteresting to me. This gen however I'm actively going to avoid because every single pokemon I've seen looks like pigshit.

I told myself if omega ruby was crap I'd be done, and it wasn't complete crap but it was boring so I thought I was gonna be done - but holy shit sun looks good or at least like they actually tried.

Loli protags are a step in the right direction but it doesn't save it from being a boring children's game

Good christ this is the cutest girl protag yet, I'm probably going to keep her as close to default too.

Can't you raise IV's through some new form of training in S/M?
Doesn't that really cut down on how much breeding you have to do?

Props on them, the protags actually look like 10 years old this time.
Which doesn't appeal to me

No

>still the same "Spam A" combat while occasionally switching and healing Pokemon
>still no day and night cycle
>still doing gimmicks, this time the new flavor of the year is the Aloha shit
>linear overworld once again
>same "beat certain amount of Gyms then Elite 4", while it isn't bad since Pokemon is about being the best, you're still trying to be the best for the past 7 gens without anything making that journey interesting in between
>"ooga booga we take people's pokeman" Team is the rival group every time

Honestly I envy current Pokemon players to be able to endure these games. It's just so boring and repetitive now I wish I can have that magical fun when first playing Pokemon.

yes but injecting is instant and any retard can do it

No. I'm done with Pokemon.

It appeals to me

Double trips. I like it.

>implying spending hours hatching eggs was a good thing

>more pokemon battle bonding shit

Out of everything they need to improve, They continue to pull this shit.

Character customization is beyond lacking, Still no actual open world and battles feel more detached than ever.

I'll just stick with the older games, Thanks.

>still no day and night cycle
you're delusional if you think that won't be in SM

>same "beat certain amount of Gyms then Elite 4
SM doesn't have gyms

>"ooga booga we take people's pokeman" Team is the rival group every time
Team Skull isn't about stealing pokemon, Guzma is getting revenge for being denied a position as an Island Captain because he's psycho

Gross. Oppai loli is a shit tier fetish

Post-game, if you have a pokemon that's level 100, you can trade in bottlecaps to an npc. gold bottle caps raise all five stats to perfect, silver raises one. They revealed you can get them from qr codes as an option, but they will probably be collectible in game as well.

>character customization is beyond lacking
hair, skin color, clothes? that's more than most RPGs

>SM doesn't have gyms
So there is literally no goal. Thanks for letting me know that Nintendo is content with shitting out 1/6th of a game for a once-beloved series's 20th anniversary

>implying i left
they did away with gyms

Each island has 4 island captains, each one has a trial for you to complete. So there's 16 island captains, and each island has a Kahuna (which sort of acts like a gym leader) that you face after completing that island's trials.

After that each island has a "tyrant" pokemon, which is a buffed up version of a pokemon (which can call on other pokemon for help) that you need to capture or beat. Past that, we don't know what you're supposed because it hasn't been announced yet.

Team captains that work like the Orange Island league leaders and "totem pokemon" instead. We need more info right now but it's probably not like your knee-jerk reaction.

Pokemon World tournament 2: Electric Boogaloo fucking WHEN. Bring this back instead of the Maison.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUY5KjHwczY

HE FLEW UP HIGH

>no gyms
>no league

are you avin a giggle m8?

what is pokemon colosseum

No
The games are alright, but after playing 3 or 4 different games that all play basically the same without much of a story to keep me interested there just isn't much of a reason to keep going.
I'll just continue to enjoy all the lewd art of the new female trainer.

a spinoff

>stop playing the game OR ELSE
Not everybody is so bad at games he needs to cheat in pokemon

If you're not playing pokemon for the multiplayer, then theres literally no reason to buy the games.

I'm not sure if I'm "out" of Pokémon since I play it, but I don't think this game is going to get me as big into it as I was in the past. Gen VI, ORAS especially, just disappointed me so much, and the previews we've seen of S&M don't seem like the game is addressing my issues with Gen 6. In fact, what little we've seen of in-game trainers makes it look like they've made the difficulty aspect even worse than in XY (rival uses the starter shitty against yours, Guzma has a fucking Ariados, and will probably have an Alolan Raticate too). Pokémon was never hard, yes, I know, but XY are so easy that it's not fun, while I could have fun with games like Emerald and Platinum.

Sun and Moon seem to XY what Smash 4 is to Brawl, it polishes what's there, but what's there doesn't appeal to me like past games do. I'll play it, and it won't be awful since it's still Pokémon, but I don't think it'll satisfy me.

Gen VI was a mistake and everyone aknowledges it, wait for reviews to see if SM is worth.

Are there any more cute loli dances?

I'm going to day-1 pirate it, probably before day-1 actually since the Chinese are guaranteed to leak this game like a month early. I don't need to worry about wasting money if I'm not spending it. If it's good, I'll buy it as a gift for one of my cousins or something.

You don't need to breed anymore, you can train for perfect IVs (which is bullshit)

>mfw all the people that missed out on gen v

I'm playing Heartgold in anticipation and the grinding is God awful. I've killed enough Tauros to start a processing plant.

I'm dreading Kanto and I really don't want to go through the effort of catching the dogs without timer balls.

This is the worst loli thread I've ever seen.

Boring as fuck. Gen 6 had it perfect.

which in turn just makes me think Elfin Lied.

Gen V was the most linear and boring gen. It took the formula of already going from one town to another and made the space between towns into straight corridors of boredom.

You just played it as a kid and have nostalgia blinders.

Gen 4 was.

Then Gens 5 and 6 came out and fucked everything up.

A game Nintendo want us to forget

Gold/Silver really were eh games when you get over the fact it had two regions and Red at the end, and HG/SS are better with their additions but still didn't fix the garbage grinding you have to do. But Kanto's going to be a complete breeze when you get there, don't worry about it.

How is it bullshit? I inject anyway but not having to spend hours riding a bike in a circle is a lot better.

>play BW1
>couldn't get into it
>wait like six months before getting BW2
>don't get into it either
>replay it after Gen VI
>both of the games feel great by comparison
>but online is shut down now

If only I got into it the first time around so I could fully enjoy shit like Join Avenue. I think I was just turned off by the lack of old Pokémon and it made me biased.

Seems we never played the same games.

>stopped playing Pokemon after Gold because they didn't look like they were changing enough
>SM is changing enough stuff to make me somewhat interested
>despise tropical settings with every fibre of my being
Guess there's always Gen 8. That should be on NX anyway so I won't have to play it on a shitty handheld.

It's the opposite, actually. If you only care about multiplayer you should be on netbattle or pokemon online or whatever people are using now, not playing the actual games.

>needing to grind at Pokémon

git gud

>bicycling in a circle for hours on end being preferable
>compared to getting good pokemon much sooner and jumping into online battles

Not to mention the only reasons people praise it are the fact that it only has completely brand new Pokemon until you beat the game, despite the fact that most of those new Pokemon are shit, the starters especially. Then there's the MUH POSTGAME argument, which ignores the fact that the main game is complete trash as a result of the postgame focus.

>Not using Chikorita

no

>Base 3D model of girl trainer will not show off armpits.

Pre order cancelled

You don't need to grind even if you picked chikorita. Your team probably just sucks.

You shouldn't have to grind even with Chikorita, and if you somehow do then you need to stop using Chikorita and switch it up for a more powerful Pokémon. And if you're using Chikorita on purpose to make the game harder then you definitely have no reason to complain because it's all your fault.

If you're above the age of 18, there is no point in any Pokémon game where you should need to grind at all.

Don't sexualize loli

What video is this from? I haven't seen it.

Pokèmon is the same shit just like assassin's creed and cod, every year the same shitty game with different monsters, it's not even that good as an rpg. People play it just because of nostalgia

>liked ORAS
Cancer

>even more casualizations
>more shitty special powers
>awful new pokemon
>GF literally running out of designs so they just type swap existing
nah, didn't even finish X.