polygon.com/2016/8/31/12733180/metal-gear-solid-5-mission-51-ending
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/637435774162436101
youtube.com/watch?v=DRuouKk3TiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Infinite years until the next mainline Metal Gear Solid

>Step 3: accepting your death

s-STOP IT
I CAN'T

I'm scared to play it after reading all the shit about it.

MGS 4 was my last MGS game and I'm going to headcanon the series to end there.

I guess you could call it THE PHANTOM PAIN

It won't stop hurting

>polygon.com/2016/8/31/12733180/metal-gear-solid-5-mission-51-ending

What did they mean by this?

I want to die

Post your favorite PUNISHED edits.

seriously making an open world metal gear game was a bad idea imo

>All the answers to missing plot is in the game
>Giant robot still missing
>Vocal parasites still missing
>Eli and the hood rats still missing
>How did EVERYONE end up at foxhound

>How did EVERYONE end up at foxhound

Big Boss went back to Foxhound and he recruited them.

never again

ill never pre order again

Did we miss something along the way? Was there a warning sign that TPP would be rushed and unfinished? How could we all have been rused into believing that TPP would be a game for the ages?

next metal gear solid might actually be good now that kojima is gone. kind of like how bioshock 2 was a huge improvement over 1 because levine fucked off

Because you idiots fell for cheap marketing trailers despite the fact that the game was being made by the same people who made the terrible turds that MGS4 and PW were.

But yeah, le nuclear xDD.

Yeah no, fuck MG Survive.
This franchise doesn't need any more entries.
Besides, it's the last healthy franchise Konami has, after this, they will have to fuck off.

MG survive might actually be good and i'm not so retarded as to write it off without seeing actual gameplay

>MG survive might actually be good
No, it won't, Kojima isn't on board, it's the guys in the suits at Konami who will only think with money in mind, you know, the same ones who said they wanted to focus on smartphone games because it gave them more money.

They outright said the gameplay will be MGSV's, and I already have MGSV if I want MGSV gameplay.
Plus, MGSV is a military stealth game, MG Survive is a horrible zombie crafting survival crap.

Really hope it flops.

>Videogamecucks still mad.

>They outright said the gameplay will be MGSV's, and I already have MGSV if I want MGSV gameplay.
>Plus, MGSV is a military stealth game, MG Survive is a horrible zombie crafting survival crap.
You sure know a lot about MG Survive even though absolutely zero gameplay footage has been shown. Maybe set aside your hate boner for Konami and use your brain. Kojima might be gone but that doesn't mean there aren't going to be talented people working on MG Survive.

kojima was the problem with MGSV, not konami. dude had his name on every fucking frame of the game yet here you are complaining that he isn't making metal gear survive.

>Maybe set aside your hate boner for Konami and use your brain.
My brain tells me to look at the FOB system, at the grinding, at MGO, at the microtransactions.
It tells me they are going to monetize the shit out of it.

We wanted The Phantom Pain, we got the phantom pain...

I don't give a fuck about Kojima, i'm complaining that the ones who took his place are guys in suits who took a look at what's popular and decided to do that.

Think about it: Metal Gear Solid is now a zombie survival game.

It's the most blatant cashgrab ever made.
In fact, I think MG Survive embodies very well everything wrong with this industry.

>>All the answers to missing plot is in the game
>>Giant robot still missing
>>Vocal parasites still missing
>>Eli and the hood rats still missing

Remember that portal in the MGSurvive trailer? ;-)

>''Hey guys, stop hating the company that has destroyed every single franchise they had before!''

Fuck Konami and all their existence during the past 10 years, and fuck them for making MGS a shitty zombie game.

>You thought I would fall for this

>i'm complaining that the ones who took his place are guys in suits who took a look at what's popular and decided to do that.
Only game that is like Metal Gear Survive that has been released recently was Vermintide. You seem to thing zombie horde co-op games are a huge thing. Do you think this is gonna be H1Z1? Or Rust? Or Day Z? It's going to be nothing like those games you fucking idiot.

>Do you think this is gonna be H1Z1? Or Rust? Or Day Z? It's going to be nothing like those games you fucking idiot.

not him but its going to be just like resident evil 5 mercenaries which was kind of fun with friends but also a pile of shit

Except the Fox Engine is great, the gamplay is basically already there, and a zombie co-op stealth game has never been done before.

Oh no, it's going to be totally different.

The side ops from MGSV with the zombified soldiers?

Expand that to the entire map, you kill them, get resources, develop items, which, of course, will take 7 days to develop unless you buy MOTHERBASE Coins™, rinse and repeat.

Sorry, but I already had enough grinding in MGSV.
Besides, this game has no story, so I have zero interest.

>a zombie co-op stealth game has never been done before
Dayum, MGSV but with soldiers that move weird and with an even more retarded AI.
You totally convinced me, i'm going to buy this piece of shit and spit in the legacy of MGS along with Konami.

Really glad the entire industry is laughing at this crap.

>nothing like a little black cock to get you back in the game
what did he mean by this?

At least it brought some funny shitposting

>Besides, this game has no story, so I have zero interest.
mgsv had fuck all story too, and what was there was insultingly shit

"based kojima"

>Except the Fox Engine is great
So fucking what.

>the gamplay is basically already there
Yes, because it was in MGSV.
If I want to play MGSV, I have MGSV installed.

>a zombie co-op stealth game has never been done before.
Because no one was dumb enough to think it was a good idea.

>actually be good and i'm not so retarded as to write it off without seeing actual gameplay

and you're retarded for saying it might be good without seeing actual gameplay

>a zombie co-op stealth game

it sounds cool on paper but it will be garbage

survive had an awful trailer with massive sameface. the character customization is going to be garbage, no story, likely tons of grinding, definite DLC, etc. its a cheap cashgrab using a great engine but that doesn't mean it will be great

>mgsv had fuck all story too, and what was there was insultingly shit
And that's precisely why I hated it and why I'm looking forward to seeing this flop, because it's more of the same but with gimmick zombie bullshit basically begging the COD kids to buy it.

really pathetic loyalty to kojima who is a shit tier hack, hope you're looking forward to death stranding's youtube port

meanwhile MGSV had god tier trailers yet was complete fucking shit and a waste of time

dunno if your logic works user

>MGSV Sucks because of kojima, MGS would be good if he's gone
>MG Survive sucks because of kojima

Like fucking Pottery, there's no satisfying you fucks

Loyalty to Kojima?
Precisely the reason i'm laughing at MG Survive and at your sad attempts at defending it is because MGSV was fucking garbage.

MG Survive is going to be more of the same, directed by people with only money in mind, and you really think you are going to convince anyone that it's going to be anything but trash?

at least cod kids are interested in playing video games instead of just watching a fucking movie i.e. kojima's entire video game output

Why would I be interested in playing more of MGSV?
It was an absolute fucking snoozefest.

So basically, this game uses another, terrible videogame as a basic, obviously it's going to be filled with microtransactions and DLC, zombie gimmick crap, no story...

There's literally no reason to look forward to this.

>MG Survive sucks because of kojima
Gotta love how you have to force the narrative that people are shitting on it because not muh Kojima and not because this game is based on an already terrible game, but with 100 times more microtransactions and DLC.

>game has godtier trailers and shit story/presentation on a great engine

>game has awful trailer and no story/likely to be similar presentation (grinding, DLC, sameface soldiers, etc.) on a great engine

hmm

>meanwhile MGSV had god tier trailers yet was complete fucking shit and a waste of time
What does that have to do with what he said?
In fact, that's a positive point for MGSV:
both games will be garbage, but at least MGSV had good trailers.

>Konami will die in your lifetime

>le phantom pain
>it won't stop hurting
>episode 51
>muh chapter 3
>No NUUCLEEARR
>Kojima is a hack

All of you who use these every time TPP/GZ is brought up in a mgs thread are pathetic and should end yourselves.

>headcanon
You are an absolute gay nigger.

And MG Survive will have terrible trailers and it's going to be complete fucking shit and a waste of time.

What's your point?

fuck this game, i should have been dead by now.

It's not too late.

Who gives a fuck?

A real hero has fallen years ago.

It's been:

4 Years
2 Months
20 Days.

Alternatively:
A total of 1542 days or 220 weeks and 2 days

Oh shit, what happened to him?

>tfw Ground Zeroes was a better MGS game than TPP

>there are anons out there who put off suicide for MGSV

Ground Zeroes was a 10 minute long paid demo with one main mission with very little story and 5 filler missions, and tons of missing mechanics, all of it happening on a repetitive area.

It's a perfect slice of TPP because it embodies everything wrong with it.

I remember being very afraid to die during my summer 2015 holiday, right before the game release

Those were good time

>Ground Zeroes
>game

So, Phantom Limbs was a MGS game?

That mission where you have to destroy a fuckload of tanks is another MGS game?

Is the level where you kill Skullface a MGS game?

TPP > GZ

It had more story than 90% of the missions from TPP, it had a good atmosphere, and Skullface seemed like a good villain

It was a great prologue, made me eager to play TPP like crazy

I'm well aware I can just get a slightly old PS3 and jailbreak it easily.

But if Konami released MGO2 officially on PS3/4 as a a standalone, I would pay for it.

This time last year I was so fucking happy, now I'm miserable as fuck. Can I blame Konami? I think its at least 50% their fault.

Shit taste. At least GZ is finished

All they have to do is make it a pachinko game. They'll sell millions.

>Jar Jar shrapnel
God dammit I have to save this

Say what you want about TPP, Konami, or Kojima.

One thing is certain.
MGSV had the best fucking trailers.

Pneumonia, but I think he's going well now.

Yeah no, if we compare levels, Chapter 30 is closer to MGS than GZ.

>no gimmick bullshit, just sneak a linear place until you get to the next cutscene
>cringeworthy, over-explained cutscene ensues

>It had more story than 90% of the missions from TPP
That doesn't mean you can't count the other 10%, I mean, by your logic, GZ is only 14% story, considering the other 5 missions are either as related as the filler missions of TPP to the main story, or completely unrelated.

>it had a good atmosphere
Don't worry, go during the night at missions, make it rain with the iDroid and you have the ''atmosphere'' set.

>and Skullface seemed like a good villain
No, you were still clouded by the hype, only thing we knew about him in GZ is that he was an edgelord who hated Zero and Big Boss and was burned as a kid.

>can't even knock on walls
>no cardboard box
There's literally gameplay mechanics missing from GZ.

Also, did you know that TPP has about 30 finished missions?
Just like GZ, which was one mission from TPP cut and sold on its own to make some easy money.

im gonna go out on a limb and say if they called this peacewalker 2 instead of a mainline mgsV then it woulda gone over better

True

I still get teary eyed at the "Sins of the Father" trailer

Considering their pachinko division has always been less profitable than their videogame one, I don't think so, even less when gambling is about to be legalized in Japan and it's going to get competition from everywhere.

>Tech demo using the same formula as the Prologue games
>Finished

MGSV is as much of the mainline as PW.

twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/637435774162436101

>one mission with 50% of the mechanics from TPP
>finished

>knock on walls
Magazines.

>no cardboard box
>no easy mode sneaking

>30 finished missions
Most of which are just the same missions in a different area. Some are literally repeated missions on harder difficulties.

>group humming victory theme

I want to go back.

>who will only think with money in mind
oh god... you mean this business wants to make money??? THOSE SICK FUCKS! LETS BOYCOT KONAMI

>TPP has soo many mechanics
It's still unfinished.

>it's finished
>it's not, you don't even have trademark MGS things
>b-b-but you have alternatives.

Yeah, nice try at justifying missing content, but it's a fact GZ is just an even more cut down TPP.

>Most of which are just the same missions in a different area.
>Some are literally repeated missions on harder difficulties.
Are you talking about Ground Zeroes or The Phantom Pain?

Why do you type like an obnoxious Redditor?

>It's still unfinished.
And my point is that GZ is even more unfinished.

>trying to defend the microtransactions and DLC of the Metal Gear game about killing zombies

You know, I reread that sentence I just typed, and it's just surreal how far this industry has fallen.

no more random room's chatting it up with people discovering glitches and teaching

>alternatives = missing content
That's wrong, retard. You're just mad that there's no box (again, easy mode).

And ignoring the fact that nearly all of the missions in TPP are retreads isn't helping your case.

>MGSV is as much of the mainline as PW.
pw was more a backstory and mgs5 was near a direct sequel to pw so pw2 would have made more sense and possibly caused less ire. there was no mainline to either of the titles in a core sense.

It's not, though. It's obviously shorter but still finished.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRuouKk3TiY

Silly fun and funny codecs... just chilling with friends and meeting new people.