Humble monthly

Less than an hour until the next FUCKING NOTHING drops!
SOMA doesn't look bad, did any of you lot bite?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gloamcollective
mrmoneymustache.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I grabbed it for SOMA, but this is their last chance to have a killer bundle after the last two boxes of FUCKING NOTHING

Still a bit hype.

The last few months have been terrible. If they do another not full game I'm out.

10 dollars for Soma isn't a bad deal. The monsters felt a little unnecessary, but it was a good ride for about 9 hours. It was pretty linear, there's not much content you can possibly miss, so your playtime won't differ.

But it was high-concept science fiction done right, sweet graphics, good sense of humor, good voice acting.

Judging from the decent quality of HiB's bundles lately (esp. the Sierra one) I'm PRAYING this is something good for once. They can be really hit or miss.

>good sense of humor
I thought it's a horror game?

i'm guessing it's Shadow of Mordor. The game has been on sale all month basically.

I only buy it when that one game is worth $12 by itself, so I got it for Soma. I'm all ready for those 6 turds they're about to throw my way.

The "humble original" game for this bundle has been revealed. It's called Spoolside
twitter.com/gloamcollective

didnt they give you a bunch of f2p cancer dlc last month? Why are you still subscribed?

I'm hoping it will be good, but at the very least I got Soma for less than it's probably worth, so I don't mind as much as with last couple of bundles.
The early access game of next month will likely make or break my continued subscription, and not this month's additional offerings.

The humble originals have always been the best parts of the bundles.

Yup got this month's bundle
Really wish I got the first one they had, fucking dumb of me because of course they were going to start off their new thing strong. None of the other ones have been particularly interesting

Humble monthly is a scam
The only game that's ever worth anything is the one they tease

The Rocket League bundle was interesting IIRC

>look at previous months
>it's complete garbage
>people pay for this
why?

They have gambling problems.

This desu, the first 4 bundles each had two games I really wanted

Soma alone is worth it
The one they show is pretty much always the best so you know right away

>le spooky walking game
Yeah, there is such a rare amount of those on steam!

Got a tip for you. Resell all the games you dont want to play on G2A but a moth later because of the prices and you get some money back

Look at what they are doing here.

They are highlighting the months that were actually good and hiding the crap.

It seems like months with big name lead games have better bundle internals to grab new subs.

So the best strategy is to only buy when the lead game is popular (not going to argue good, just popular).

Some of us are grownups with good jobs and don't have to dictate our video game purchases based on how often mommy lets us use her credit card

Humble Monthly is a pittance

SOMA has an interesting story but is easily the weakest horror game Frictional has put out

you're much better off just putting the money towards Penumbra 1&2 + Amnesia if you haven't played those already

>Wasting money is a key factor of being a grown adult

well you posted a comic so i guess that means youre right

Disposable income is wasting money by definition, kiddo

I just dropped a hundred dollars on a hat yesterday, it's nothing. You'll understand when you're older, kid.

hmm

I bought it for Soma. Great game. Never bought the Monthly but I already got my money's worth.

Getting an $3000 smart TV, that's wasting money. Buying diamonds for a woman, that's wasting money. Getting in a lifelong debt for 20 years to buy a house, that's wasting money.

Throwing 12 bucks at something every now and again should not even be noticeable for you.

this is just I AM SILLY but with more words

too many people are replying to this so i guess that makes you extra right

Has Shadow of Mordor been on it? It seems like the kind of AAA game they would show off. Not amazing but not bad enough that people won't buy it.

>lifelong debt for 20 years
user please

Spending $12 here and spending $12 there adds up.

Frictional doesn't make good horror games, they're all shit, but SOMA has actually good story
>>le spooky walking game
i hate those, but SOMA is worth playing senpai

4u

12$ can buy you hundreds of hours of entertainment. It will save you money by keeping you away from more expensive activities such as pursuing women or expensive holidays or hobbies

Got it for SOMA, the rest is a bonus. Assuming the rest isn't dogshit of course.

I think the point was that the games in it are complete shit and not worth playing, which is why it's $12 wasted.

this has to be the most autistic post i've ever read

Yeah, maybe if you're a teenager working at McDonald's or Walmart.

$12 is nothing to an adult, user.

>humble monthly bundle
>hundred hours of entertainment

Better thank daddy for your money.

Infinifactory, Fran Bow, Planetary Annihilation: Titans, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Rocket League, Shantae, Van Helsing, Steredenn, and Catgirl without salad were all not worth playing?

So far I'd say the November, December, February, March, May, and June bundles have all more than justified themselves, with January and April being great deals as well if you didn't already have most of those heavy hitters.

But the last couple of bundles seem like something somebody hastily threw together in panic or in order to get fired, they were so much a putrid combo of abandoned early access, payed demos, phone games, indie shovelware, sequel you have to buy an entire series worth to really get into, niche games that appeal to almost no one and the halfway finished. (though to be fair, August wasn't entirely bad, it did feature The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and Starward Rogue, overshadowed of course by Activision's audacious blunder)

Overall the Humble Monthly has done us more good than bad imo, but I'm operating on a three strikes policy. If this and next bundle won't satisfy, they're out as far as I'm concerned.

Can we please stop judging games with this ridiculous hours per dollar criterion? Things like this is why games still aren't taken seriously as an art form.

(you)
Laid it down to heavily. 0/10

>cheaper than psn
>more games than psn
>better games than psn

How can Sony even compete

75% of everything you spend money on is "wasting it". You could argue that as long as you have water and some bread, you don't technically "NEED" anything else, not even a car or house (just walk everywhere and live in a tent in the woods).

Admirable effort to look insightful, but you're still just a retarded (and mad) poorfag.

I'm a bit sour because I got the first one and already had everything in it. Well, except for Grimrock of course.

SOMA is a horror exploration game, with some black humour spliced in. There are some situations that are comical, yet tragic at the same time. Nevertheless, presentation and voice acting are really good, and as linear as the story is, it'll take you on a ride that'll leave you empty and sad, but also, satisfied.

I watched a HD let's play without commentary, because it might as well be a movie.

It's 10AM PST right?

No it means just because you don't buy into frivolous things doesn't mean you're poor

I'm old enough to remember a time games tended to be shorter but immediately more satisfying, mostly due to arcade over cinematic influences. I wouldn't mind going back to that model, letting the artistry of the gamic speak more for the industry than techniques better served in other mediums. Our gripes with the lasts couple of bundles though doesn't really have much to do with hours per dollar, more with incomplete, cut up, abandoned or what amounts to freeware being offered as serious games. I think most of us would have been better satisfied with fewer but more focused offerings those months.

Post yfw humble bundle gives out better and more games than psn

Gross.

Now you yourself ask for "fewer". That's how they get you.

>it might as well be a movie.
I disagree, walking around in that game is incredibly immersive. But watching a lets play is still enough to experience most of the game

Poi was actually really fun last month.

I thought I would hate it but I loved it.

(yo

Yes, their master plan all along! But I honestly wouldn't mind, $12 is pocket change and I'm never playing half of these games anyway. But they're not going to because it would piss of most subscribers that feel that quantity > quality.

Yo

The bundle could be awful and I still wouldn't unsubscribe. Humble Bundle 4 Life

10 minutes left I'm literally shaking

I wish I could freeze myself

12 bucks adds up when it's every month. It's $144 a year. In a decade it's $1500 and in 3 decades it's $4500. And that's just assuming it's the only thing you waste money on frivolously. Unlikely.

$4500 invested in even the safest, low-interest rate bonds will be over $20,000 in 3 decades. The biggest problem "grown ups" have is that they underestimate their earning power. They have no concept of investment or future and so they take their disposable income and think "well it's disposable so I may as well blow it."

Simply being an adult does not make you a grown up. Living with your parents while working a low paying job does not make you rich just because you have no expenses.

Even one fucking penny a month on something that's of little to no value is a waste of money that could be properly saved.

I'm bored

>tfw i do that
don't h8 me

Thanks for reminding me.
Really lacks a more interesting art direction and world building to better stand out though, similarly to A Hat In Time. Both might be as good or almost as good as Yooka-Laylee, but there's so little about them that grabs one's attention.

>product already owned
well at least for once i was the first to grab a steam code off Sup Forums

Thanks for Galak-Z bro

>haven't enjoyed vidya in ages
>haven't touched most of my steam library
>poor
>can just pirate anyway

and yet i'm still subscribed for some reason

I know. I do invest almost all of my income.

I actually don't buy any games but the monthly, which I use to curb my addiction to buying cheap game bundles. I haven't bought any bundles since I started subscribing because "they might be in the monthly"

It helped curb that so I'm fine with it.

>Soma
>Paper's Please
>Gemini Rue
>Jazzpunk
>Shadowrun: Dragonfall
>Ikaruga

Holy shit it's a decent month

It's same as the typical fast food meal or two.
If you can deny yourself one once a month in favor of games, there you go.
And if you don't smoke, there's little to complain about really.

9 minutes until nothing

you're welcome

>2 games I already own
>Already know what's in it 6 minutes in advance
Are you a wizard, Larry?

>And if you don't smoke
WHY NOT BOTH

>have all those
Good thing that's bait because I have all those.
mrmoneymustache.com/
Fast food is bad too.

If this is true, I'm happy. Soma + 3 games I kind of wanted.

T-4 mins until battleborn

>implying all those games in regular bundles would be in a monthly

Kek. Fuck off.

ok so when the games are released from august. any of them good besides soma? I've heard of van helsing and was kinda interested to play it when I could get it for cheap because I like ARPG

>dude invest lmao XD

The calling card of the teenager on Sup Forums

>be me
>have over 5,400 steam games
>still buy humble monthly every time
>satisfied every time

spotted the kike

Who else /buying second hand keys/?

Planet of the Eyes was great, starward rogue was fun, Poi was cute and fun, that buzz saw game was fun for about 10 mins. Van helsing was good.

Oy Vey Goyim don't invest.

let me cure you of that sensible way of thinking: most of the monthly games are the higher-tier stuff from other bundles, if you buy $1 or BTA tiers of the humble bundles for example, you probably won't have any crossover

>anime poster

Jesus fuck, if you completed 1 game a day, it'd take you over 14 years to tackle that steam backlog alone.

meeee
i feed off the disappointment of others
1 minute left

>not saving $12 annually by buying a year in advance
Sometimes Sup Forums's retardation makes my head spin

Let's see some high quality keydumps in this thread for the poorfags, anons!
I'm not one of them, by the way.

Hehe.

proves that Sup Forums doesn't play games. they just buy them

>Soma
>Gemini Rue
>Paper's Please
>Ikaruga
>Jazzpunk
>Shadowrun: Dragonfall

lol enjoy your already bundled bundle!

WHO /HYPE/ HERE?

(SORRY I'M LATE, GOT IN LATE, I WAS BUSY)

That's why we're all here isn't it?

I mean nobody actually cares about the games, we're just all code collectors, like the rest of Sup Forums.

We're buying the IDEA we might relive some of our childhood joy even though we know deep down we won't.