>he hasn't hacked his 3DS yet

Why not user? There's so many new games coming out for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ondpfn.rar
gbatemp.net/threads/release-gytb-custom-badges-made-really-really-simple.404355/
badges.3dsthem.es/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
3dsthem.es/6427
3dsthem.es/4219
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't mind paying for games

I just bought a Mario 3D land bundle version and it came with 10.7.0-32U and Im trying to hack it with the plailects guide and im on the part where you downgrade to 9.2.0 and when I do step 4 it just reboots itself not sure if thats supposed to happen but I just went along to step 10 and deleted 0000008f and put my sd back in 3DS and booted in up and it started up but my theme is changed and when I go to check the settings it still says im on 10.7, also i cannot hold down on the Dpad to get the homebrew launcher anymore.

What did I do wrong?

>What did I do wrong?
You forgot to use punctuation marks.

Best bet is to ask on the homebrew general, /hbg/.

You'll probably get help and few people talking about 1.2 Vitamins.

i don't know how to hack it.

if i hack it is there anyway to just get all games illegally or whatever. I want to play Cave Story on the 3DS but don't want to fork over the cash.

yes, and custom apps and themes

>FreeShop

Hnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

3ds is old news. We Vita now.c

schway, but i still don't know how...

Google it faggot.

I tried.. lots of times. no help.
I thought the hacking community for 3DS was actually good.
fuck this im just gonna return this 3DS

what's your firmware version? 11.0? hopefully not

Anyone know how long it take s for a CIA to be released of a new game? Like for example Pokemon Sun/Moon how long will that take

yeah 11

Ask in gbatemp then, aka the place where the developers of those exploits actually post

Now that the vita's hacked, everyone's jhelping each other with vita stuff and the 3DS discussion is kind of a hit or miss. I just read the guide that they have and got through most of it on my own by reading carefully. The few times I got stuck, I'd ask /hbg/ and they'd give me an answer if I said it enough.

I'd say a week tops

Gibe link tot that theme right now I love Pac-Man

For a big game like Pokémon there will probably be CIAs going around even before the official release. And the moment it's actually released on the eshop, someone will probably post their ticket so you can download it via freeshop.

>3Ds
>Games

Might as well play gameboy, looks the same

It depends on when someone who's capable of uploading it gets a hold of it. For xample, when Kirby Planet Robobot got leaked a month in advance, everyone had it before the US version even released.

>He still talks about the 3DS
It's all about the Vita and the free weeb games now.

Sweet. Feels amazing man to have a hacked 3DS.

This.

a.pomf.cat/ondpfn.rar

Uploaded it here because the original theme doesn't have the Pac-Man medley, I put it on myself.

Getting a flash cart instead, its more flexible for use

chances of bricking it?

I have an 11 something N3DS, which isn't hackable from what I've gathered, and a 9.7 or something O3DS that /hbg/ were faggots about and told me to read their shit general with four different 3DS hacks, compared to how straight forward it was to just hack my Wii U in about five minutes.

If it's stupidly easy like Wii / Wii U / PSP where I just load something on a card, great. But if it takes a fucking degree and so many hoops to jump through, I rather just pay for the occasional vidya I like when it hits a sale, instead of 20 questions: hacking edition.

How hard is it to hack Vita by comparison? Since my PSN was banned in the past, I haven't touched it at all, and its on like 2.11 or something just for the day Vita was hacked

Very rare unless you're a retard who can't read carefully when downloading the clearly labeled files for certain 3DS versions.

GIVE ME A RETARD FRIENDLY GUIDE

So they have a board for questions or issues?
I guess ill keep trying. thanks user

its literally brickproof now unless you cant follow simple instructions.
theres always that one idiot that would end up using a file meant for the n3ds when the person is trying to hack an old3ds. shit like that.

other than that, its easy to do.

The 3DS guide has gotten easier but you still have to read carefully.

Vita is completely easy.

If you recall what the screen was said before the reboot, that would help. I hesitate to give you any advice without full knowledge of the steps you took, but it's probably fairly safe to start again from the beginning and be very careful this time.

got a n3ds just to hack it

You seriosuly shouldnt listen to these guys they are sugar coating it.
Been trying to hack my 3DS for a couple days and im stuck nobody will give me answers. Maybe im just stupid but I think ur bound to run into issues.

>flash cart instead

You mean like an R4? Is there such thing? I would be more interested if this were the case.

It's shit

Your options are the Gateway (literally CFW but with a DRM dongle) or a Sky3DS (idiotproof but also minimal featureset)

because im a tard with 11.0.0.33

Thanks, kind user.

One last thing for 3DS, but I have an old launch version of OoT 3D, which was confirmed to work with I think the Action Replay or whatever people were using in the past. Would that be an easy solution, like how menu hack worked with that one F2P shooter a ways back, or just stick with the guides?

They have some carts for 3DS, but I heard they're nowhere near as good as the ones were for DS.

what are the actual good games on this thing?

Acuire am:u service screen
This is where I was. it didnt freeze or anytjing it just rebooted itself aftee about 10 seconds

I've only done it once, but it was a fairly safe procedure. I did have to preform the downgrade twice though for what it's worth.

Stick with the guides.

i'm scared to try it vee

>idiotproof

I am sold

So what's the current way to use custom badges nowadays?

I've seen some guides on replacing legit badges and using a hex editor or something but I'd like to see if there's a better way now before I try that.

I really just wanna have system labels for my VC folders while still keeping my legit badges.

>2007
>I pirate deal with it

>2016
>I pay for games deal with it

Time goes by so quick

Sacrificed a shitty 2ds to put a9lh and luma on my n3ds it took while to do just from copying files and shit like that but reading instructions carefully it was fairly easy.

There's this one badge thing you can get that will turn litteraly any png into a badge. You still keep your old ones but you have to redecorate

I fell for the gateway meme, but I still can't be assed to play my 3ds. I haven't touched it for months. I'll probably get around to updating shit on it when sun and moon comes.

Is it even worth fucking with the gateway anymore or is the homebrew shit good enough now?

AA6 leaks when?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-gytb-custom-badges-made-really-really-simple.404355/

badges.3dsthem.es/

What is that background on the 3DS? It looks familiar...

If I were to restart how would I do it? just delete everything off the SD card and start from the beginning?

>so many new games coming out for it.
No, there aren't.

and

Already did, senpai. Then I realized I enjoyed the act of hacking/softmodding more than the free games.

And with Henkaku, it's happening again.

Idiots will get themselves banned with flashcarts

and nothing little more detail here:

Cool that looks to be exactly what I had in mind. Thanks

>However, opening Badge Arcade will still remove your custom badges
Oh well. Still seems worth it.

When will we be able to play NDS games? I know it's tough, but people keep saying "soon." I'm tempted to buy an r4 but I have terrible luck and knowing me, it would come out as soon as I buy it.

It's a step farther, they can now access the sd card in ds mode. The next step will be getting roms to boot fro mthere

Yeah if you do that, just open up the badge app again and it'll bring them back. You'll still have to put them back to where they were but there's no way to permanently lose them.

Oh, that's actually more descriptive than most. I'll keep my money and wait then.

I used this github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and hacked my 3DS about 2 weeks ago. However back then the guide had five parts, now it only has three, so i dunno wtf is going on. Maybe they made it easier or simplified it

Did you see any text after Pressing (Y) to downgrade? If not then try booting it without the SD card in. If that works, clear it off and start at the beginning. If you run into the same problem, you could try posting on reddit or just running the downgrade program again. I had to run it twice to get mine to work.

The biggest hurdle was accessing the sd card while in ds mode, which was overcome. The guy who worked that out said it'd take him a month at least to start loading ROMs and he might not have the time

You just downgraded it right before the change. I did too and feel like an idiot. New one's supposed to be way shorter.

Well shit.

At least I don't have to do it again (I think)

Yea didnt work. I cant even access homebrew menu anymore idk whats up. how do I clear it and restart, just delete everything off the SD?

Nice theme breh.

Oh boy, he posted it again. Just fuck off already.

Is there a new guide out? Think it's time with the near release of DQ7

Fpbp

>I don't mind paying for games
I don't either. I still hacked my 3DS.

But I can't hold a torrent in my hand. I can't look at its box art. It's just 1s and 0s....

Wtf user. Why can't these downloads come with a box......

there's tons of great themes on the site
3dsthem.es/6427

1. Even though I'm tech savvy, there's always that fear I'll brick my system, so I dont bother
2. The last thing I need is to get distracted by even more [free] games. So I dont mind paying for a good game here and there.

3DS is my first handheld ever. I just thought handhelds were stupid but I'm actually having alot of fun with mine.

>tfw I use this theme and there's nothing you can do about it

:^)

Describe for me "It didn't work". Does that mean it didn't boot without the SD card in? Try to be as specific with your language as possible. It helps with all tech support.

Pay for your games faggots

n-no

Sorry. It just booted up like normal everythingn was default on the menu and i checked settings still on 10.7
also i tried booting into the homebrew menu by holding down on the dpad and it didnt load to it just went to main menu on the 3DS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

wait so you can all the shop shit for free?

thanks doc

>he doesn't go full ironic weeb

3dsthem.es/4219

>>he hasn't hacked his 3DS yet
If I don't pay for the games
no one will
and then they'll stop making them

You can download it all straight from Nintendo's servers for free

Yep

Shit, meant to reply to

All the games coming out for it are the ones I want to support.

I'll hack it once it's a dead system.

Ok, it sounds like you're fine to start over from scratch.
As a side note, if I'm recalling correctly, the Homebrew menu works off of theme data so when your theme was reset, the Homebrew menu was removed and you'd need to install it again. I suspect that was what the file you deleted pertained to but without doing more research I couldn't say for certain.

Tbh, I thought about hacking it just for the fucking theme editor.
Making people pay for a fucking wallpaper is retarded.

>800 x 240

For what purpose? I barely even play the games that I own.

One person pays for the games to upload it for us all, so do not fret.