ITT: weapons with amazing alt-fire

ITT: weapons with amazing alt-fire

Of all the DS guns, you went with that one? What do you mean by "amazing?"

It's unique to this game and a life saver in a deadly situation. What's not to like about it?

The alternative fire on that weapon is garbage.

GARBAGE!

Obligatory

Dead space 1 or dead space 2 alt fire? Gotta be specfic mate

A gun that shoots 360 degrees and kills everything around you or a stinkin' grenade launcher. Take a wild guess.

>That guy mocking you behind

DS 2
>Contact Beam
>Javelin
>both full upgrade...never needed another gun.

DS 3
>one hand semi-auto javelin with 58 rounds per magazine + electro module MK-V that kills any alien in the game regardless of difficulty in one shot.

>That mod which let you ride redeemer rockets cowboy style

FULLER AUTO

>not using acid bolos and an electrified javelin
cmon m8 its so much more fun

Plasma Cutter. You wanna shoot vertically or horizontally?

>hand-held BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

heheheheheheh

Yeah i tried alot of guns but..this one is op i mean you kill 1 shot on every alien..but fun was hammer bot and cryo top

>anti recoil skill
>34 mags
>no brakes
>infinite brozouf

The alt fire was shit and made no sense. It's supposed to be the standard issue rifle of the military in-universe right? What the fuck kind of military would issue a gun that shoots is a huge 360 degree circle? It'd be impossible to develop unit tactics when some fuckhead recruit could flip out and kill all of his squadmates in a panic.

Not only that, but the firing is totally random. By the time you get into position, the animation causes enemies to get way too close, and they can hit you while shooting. Not only that, but the gun is weak as fuck and eats through ammo way too fast. In a game where you need to accurately shoot limbs, spamming some weak laser bursts doesn't really ever help you. I'd say it's one of the shitties alt-fires I've ever used.

>This is a military rifle in the future

But it looks so scrappy.

Gotta disagree with you, I focused on that gun till a short burst center-mass was more than enough.
Kind of a shame that I missed out on other weapons, but that felt so satisfying to fire.

Pulse rifle is shit. Contact beam with stasis attachment is the best

I loved Dr Strangelove mod.

I loved this game so fucking much, it weighted 5x more from all the mods/mutators/maps I had downloaded and opening the menu would take almost a minute from all the loading. Jesus, I need to go to a LAN and play this shit again.

The pulse rifle exists for a sole purpose, to kill bosses with zero effort by cheesing their stupid weakspots and debris mechanics since its hitscan.

>Plasma Cutter. You wanna shoot vertically or horizontally?
It's made for every situation.

What is the best weapon against those little fucks that swarm you?

I found that the sawblade worked well

Force Gun

Force Gun

Quad Shotgun from all those DOOM Wads.

The alt fire summons 3 more shotguns from the other corners of the screen.

Then all four of them fire four shells.

It launches you backwards 20 meters and obliterates anything in front of you.

Dead Space had a very grungy aesthetic, DS2 shows the more refined side of things, but DS1 and DS3 were all blocky and rusted. I appreciate it for being different.

I will never stop complaining about how they fucked up the sound direction in KF2, none of the returning weapons sound as good as they did in the first game, and the new guns sound just as bad.

I do absolutely adore how hitting reload on a full magazine lets you fiddle with the gun, as much as they fucked up that was not among them

Agreed, it's one of the new small touches to add in fps games these days that add to the experience.
>Cleaning the blood off the knife with R

was about to try and post this, you have good taste

pop pop watching Jians drop

Stake Gun from Painkiller.
On its own alt-fire it is not that great but the way how can you combo with primary fire to make it makeshift rocket is difficult but fun as hell.

Every last gun from UT except for the rocket launcher.

>pulse rifle
>boss cheese
they start shrugging off the 'stun' pretty quick, the pulse rifle is for normal dudes

bosses get the CONTACT BEAM

the ds1 altfire was kinda stupid in fluff terms but it's amazingly effective in the serious battle sequences

Lobbing 6 grenades at once isn't amazing?
Going to have to disagree with you here.