Just Finished this Minutes Ago

I just completed my first play through of this gem Sup Forums. HOLY SHIT! It was amazing. I had it on my Xbox 360 with games for gold, even though I found out they completely removed it from the marketplace to jew people into buying EW. That pissed me off but the game was too damn good.

What is Sup Forums's opinion of this game? What about the sequels? I want to really dive into it as it's been one of the best games I've played in years honestly and I'm always worried about sequels and DLC... but I might bite with this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=birji_-4r7w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you enjoyed EW, you'll enjoy XCOM 2. Go for it.

how much did you savescum?

a lot... I let a few good marines die, but I became too attached to let teams of Colonels get wiped out. I figured on a more serious playthrough I'll let my memorial wall build up which I could do if I played ironman mode right?

Also I only played EU, not EW. Is it worth playing or should I skip? I'm really interested in the story and the lore.

EW is a great improvement over EU. It adds a good amount of variety and a lot of new toys to play with.
If you got EW on pc you could also do long war if you're slightly masochistic.

Xcom2 is literally the same as EW and EU but with all the bad parts removed.

It's my GOTY 2016, I've played it through about 4 times. The modding community is alive and thriving with new ayylmaos and weapon skins and fixes. There is some DLC but you dont need it.

Get EW and play the long war.
Do it, fag.

EW is the same game as EU with a ton of content added
its a much better game but if you have just finished EU it might feel like more of the same, you should have played it from the start

It's not perfect but it's pretty fun and so is 2.

I'd say that now that you've finished the game and know how it works, play it on ironman to get the more "real" experience of having to deal with the setbacks and losses.

Pistols are overpowered in XCOM 2

youtube.com/watch?v=birji_-4r7w

I planned on doing a second playthrough of EU anyway, which is why I think upgrading to EW would be best. What exactly is the difference?

I plan on doing this. I just read what marathon mode does when second wave is unlocked. Sounds like shit. Is Long War the same? That sounded like shit, but maybe Long War adds some actual class?

There's a fair amount of changes, I believe EW was the expansion that added EXALT stuff, also there's gene mods and mechs. Gene modding can get really overpowered though

EW adds a resource called meld, which expires with time to promote more aggressive play.
It's used for doing gene modding and the new mech class.
It also adds a subplot and an entire faction of enemies called Exalt that fuck with your shit and have their own missions.

Long War is basically a huge overhaul of the entire game + EW. 8 classes derived from the original 4 with bigger skill trees, and the mech being split into 8 classes instead of just 1.
There are a fuckton of other changes that add a lot of depth and complexity to the game, although there's also a lot of annoying or tedious bullshit that it adds.

new MECH soldier class, gen modification of your soldiers, more map variety !!, ayy lmao's get there own traitor human x-com faction you battle, other stuff
its a good improvment over EU but like i said the story stays the same

>Annoying or tedious bullshit
That's just the magnificent design

The game fucking sucks. Camera controls suck dick. Literally console port.

EW is one of my favorites DLC of all time, but that might be a little biased because i have a hard on for augmentation.

XCOM 2 did everything that made the first one good even better, go for it.

have a screenshot of my french robot of doom

>scout ship sneezes on my interceptor
>out for 10 days
>thin mints and floaters in general
Call me bad, but some things in LW feel pretty unnecessary.

yeah, Long Dong is for if you like, really just wanna play nothing but XCOM for the next couple months

>Wanting XCOM to be easy

Turds like you should go back to farmville.

Nigger I said it was tedious, not difficult.
It doesn't make the game harder, it just makes it longer.

>Wanting Long War to be short.

Naysayers gona nay.

>make a luck based game "harder"

I do.... but maybe not the same playthrough. Then again maybe the same play through. My biggest worry in this first playthrough was having countries pull out, or only having rookies available to get stomped out every mission until I had to give up. That's the reason I saved so many times. Watching my main nigga sacrifice himself at the end though.... my heart.

>luck based game
dont start this shit m8

>knocking the player out of commission for days is a good use of time
Long War is long because of the mission density, longer research times for progress, and mission difficulty among other things.
Something like interceptor repairs takes longer than it should given how often it's supposed to happen. It doesn't make the path longer, just makes you slower.

>mitigate all the risk
>your best shots are 90%+
>miss all
>enemy hits consecutive long odds and your soldier dies immediately
>not based on luck

>Taking any shot below 100% when you know a miss will end in death.

Either way up the death, verses the reward or break LOS and get into a position that is stronger.

>long war

>>your best shots are 90%+

This is why you fail you dumbass. It's not a point and click adventure.

you can't possibly get a better shot against a heavy floater with Tactical Sense

Thats why you nade it or use a shotgun, or break LOS until it grounds itself.

but that takes too much effort
I'm not good enough for that

Then you aren't ready for the long dong

OP here

Honestly if you don't like when this shit happens, it's not the game for you. I like the fact that my seemingly invincible Colonel with 1 million health can get a rare long pistol shot through smoke to the head ending a long career over some bullshit. It makes you look at the memorial wall and actually remember how they passed. Mod question, is there one that makes the memorial wall look more like Battlestar Galactica? I did see one that could make soldiers look like Wrex from Mass Effect.

I'm just joshing, LW is good
never did complete that Long War campaign though
I'm also pretty sure I scummed a few saves, especially with the air game
After raiding the alien base, and liberating a country (by raiding an alien base) I was kinda done right there
there were plenty more alien bases to raid and I just wasn't feeling it