Is it as bad as people say?

Is it as bad as people say?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Sky
youtube.com/watch?v=4DhaUe6y-Co
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no it is an ok game.

Its release was a mess, overpriced and all the lies ruined it.

Taken on its own with no expectations it alright.

Worse

It's not alright for $60

Pirate it, it's maybe with 15 - 20 dollars, max. There really isn't much to do in the game.

it's the best 5/10 you will ever play. the problem with it is that it was marketed as a AAA game while it was really just a 15-men project

>no it is an ok game.
It's really, really not. It's actually a terrible game. Seriously some of the WORST GAME DESIGN I'VE EVER SEEN. It's atrocious, unpleasant to play, dull as FUCK, buggy (even today) and annoying. It's not a fucking OK game.

The problem is not in the price or the lies, the problem is that the game is fundamentally bad at it's very core. Terrible core gameplay loop. God-awful controls. Incredibly poor U.I.. Shit goals and conditions and content lasting barely for 10 hours before you start running out of shit to actually do.

its not even aggressively bad

just boring as shit

I mean do like wandering around barren landscapes for hours on end looking for the derpiest most awkward creatures imaginable?
because thats about as high octane as it gets

Have you played Proteus? That one game where you do nothing. This is the same game with a facelift.

no, not by a long shot. it's just Sup Forums being all "le gamergate" again

to be honest, it's probably the most revolutionary game of the decade. I love it.

This game literally did one thing right. You can fly to different planets and walk around. The animals and plants arent nearly as big as the trailers would have you believe, and they get very samey (Like literally 4 styles of trees in the game) after a while.

Hello games.

>It's actually a terrible game
But that's wrong, you cum guzzling piece of shit.

>it's probably the most revolutionary game of the decade. I love it
Hi, Sean

It's worse.

it's a tech demo, you fly around for a few hours checking out the highly mediocre procedural generation and that's about it. I would rather pay for Space Engine before this.

To it's credit, there's nothing quite like it out there. Thank god.

Hello Games?
More like Goodbye Career.

>top kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Games
>Hello Games has been accused of dishonesty surrounding their promotion of No Man's Sky.[10]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Sky
>Significant attention and expectations were given to the title in the months leading to its release, which Murray and others journalists cautioned about the indie nature and niche appeal of the title, seeking to avoid the pitfalls that had previously occurred at the launch of Spore in 2008. At release, the game received a wide range of mixed reviews, praising the technical achievements of the procedurally-generated universe, while considering the gameplay lackluster and repetitive. No Man's Sky also suffered several technical problems at launch, while also lacking several marketed features, including a multiplayer element, that further marred the players' experience with the game.

No it's worse.

Lol'd hard. Nice try shill.

You got him good, shill.

As a 15 dollar game is pretty good, if you go without expectations and just want to shill and do a personal quest for self discovery of sorts.

As a 60$ dollar game is a scam and a piece of shit and shall mark a stone in dishonesty in history forever and ever.

Not a single tweet, update or announcement has been made since release.

It's dead, jim.

It blows its load instantly as far as mechanics goes, and the planet generation makes maybe one interesting looking planet for maybe thirty explored. The lack of permanence for anything you do doesn't help either.

It gets boring fucking fast.

>But that's wrong, you cum guzzling piece of shit.
It's not. The flight model is god-awful, to a point where it wrestles the control away from you when you fly near the surface, the game has not actually figured out that you might want to look DOWN when flying over the surface to know where you are landing, neither does it allow for hovering for some reason, there is PRECISELY ONE weapon for space combat and one for ground combat, both of which suck INSANELY, there is about seven types of upgrades in the whole game. The whole core gameplay loop consists of flying from place to place, landing, walking a little, pressing "E" or shooting at a rock, wrestling the GOD-AWFUL U.I. for a while, rinse and repeat. Not a SINGLE mechanic in the game is actually satisfying to do.
The ballance of the resources is off, the trading has no depth because the market isn't dynamic, all ships feel exactly the same for flying, so do all different flavors of weapons, there is like five types of enemies all together including the space ships, the game bugs out or fucks-up the generation frequently resulting in Escher-like 4th dimensional spaces, there is no pay-off to exploring new planets or new species, even the survival conditions all work exactly the same - there is NOTHING, NOTHING worth actually playing for in this game. Not a single system working as it is supposed or being any fun.

The literally ONLY thing the game offers is an endless parade of proceduraly generated vistas, which actually start getting repetetive under six or seven hours, and which all PLAY the same: terribly.
It's not a good game. Nothing about it is actually good. Not even the most basic elements of it are good.

I don't know, I've never played it. But this video makes me laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DhaUe6y-Co

I'm kind of baffled why they marketed this to the mass public when it was always clearly a niche game for a niche audience. There are some people who really enjoy searching thirty planets to find the one that's sort of interesting, and there's nothing wrong with creating a game for them. But they have to have expected this backlash when they tried to put this product in front of everybody on earth. It's like trying to mass market fucking Train Simulator.

Stop shilling your shit channel.

The first 5-6 hours are a personal awesome voyage that no other game has gave me.

at 12 hour mark I started to skip the exploring since i had my suit already covered good upgrades

At 20 hour mark I started to feel the emptiness of the game, as there's nothing for you outside in the depths of space. I expected secrets to be uncovered by the community, documented and uploaded. The game doesn't even do that shit right. In fact you can't travel to a system you've already been easily.

It's a pointless game from there on. Reach the Center, don't reach it, look for your own meaning, or not, since there's actually not much, not even in the philosophical Atlas ending.

It was being built so good for you, and then there's little to keep you going.

What the fuck is this

Delete this stupid shit

>no one is ever allowed to post relevant youtube videos about video games on a video game board because they're le shill boogieman
How about you stop being cancer

This.

You also have to have played a game where you enjoy exploring to truly appreciate it.

Exploring/Survival is not everyone's cup of tea thats why the majority of people are assravaged.

You know what ?
I'm sure Sean will go full Phish in a few days or weeks.
He'll play the victim about how much violence and threats he got in his mailbox and on how much he just can't stand it anymore and
>well we had a box here with a dvd inside
>it's the FULL PROMISES we made and multiplayer patch
>but you broke my generous heart
>i will burn this box
>you made me do this
>:(
>(ps: game is still available on all platforms 59.99 buymyshit)

It's a parody you dingus. He's making fun of people who make "I'm angry about video games" shtick videos.

It's not as bad as some people make out but it's still not good either. Don't bother.

>embed
>pewdiepie grimace
>obnoxious yelling faggot
Yeah, quality content.
Kill yourself.

How about you stop posting freaking bad youtubers that aren't any more relevant than any of 1000 youtubers that cry about the same fucking thing !

Plus listen at this guy...You made me watch a good 30 seconds of your crappy video. The intro fucking suck and the guy is screaming over the mic to make it look funny when it isn't.

You're the cancer.

>"exploring"
I want to see wonders, not gold schlongs and hue variations.

you've earned it Sean

See You would have gotten it if you paid attention

Well that's a fucking bad parody. If you find this even the slightest entertaining, pls neck yourself.

This kind of shit is already flooding youtube more than it need.

It's OK at first, you feel like things have meaning, and maybe things lead to somewhere, you have a path, you have a destiny, you have goals.

Then, after around 5 hours you recognize the patterns, you realize the whole game is literally nothing. All you can do is gather resources to get money to get "better" ships, which aint better, just has more slots, so you can gather more resources at once.

You'll see that space combat along with surface combat is very close to non-existent, also definitely pointless.

And if you get to your destination, the center of the galaxy, literally nothing happens, music starts playing and you end up in a new galaxy. Oops, spoilers.

NPC's are all the same, doing NOTHING, all of them have the same resources which you don't need, but maybe you can trade with them so you can buy a more slotted ship.

Oh and the main point, exploration, gets really repetitive very fast (after 5 planets you've seen it all).

It could have been so much more, if it included everything that has been marketed, it could have been a very good game, but the good parts are left out, and all you've got is a boring procedural tech demo which gets really boring fast.

Worth 15$
20$ if you're a really greedy jew with a huge company as your publisher.

>>>/tumblr/ where you belong. Never come back ever again.

Oh fuck off!!! That doesnt change the fact that its still fucking shit and unfunny even for a parody.

Go shill your shit channel somewhere else.

This.... its unpleasant to play.... the best description

Sup no man's sky dev

Your game fucking sucks dude

>Oh fuck off!!!
Yeah you're really a cut above though

it's an okay game, problem is - there's only 4-5 hours of unique content/experience, then it gets same'y real quick.

It fails at that since the procedural patterns become apparent very quickly, which makes for very lackluster exploring.

Am i supposed to endure and endorse a fucking retard yelling because "parody is funny" ? It's like a video of someone being an insufferable BLM pro cop violence nigger and say it's okay because it was a social experiment all along.
Go fuck yourself.

>The first 5-6 hours are a personal awesome voyage that no other game has gave me

Really?

the funny thing is I've been here for years and you've probably seen a bunch of my posts and found them completely normal Sup Forums posts. You'll undoubtedly see more in the future and not know I'm the guy who posted the video you didn't understand

I'm not the one who need to shill my channel on a anonymous image board to get more 12 years old subscribers. Get a real fucking job and delete your posts

This is "Art" not a "game"

That's why people "dont get it"

>open it up
>incredibly annoying screaming
>close tab

Whatever you say, Timmy.
Isn't it past your bed time? Lack of sleep is bad, you know, especially for a 10 years old like you.

Ģarbage review my god

>yelling
>swearing
>obnoxious cunt
How's that demonetizing going on ?
Do you know that as a youtuber, you sell basically yogurt, bad cars and shampoo, right ?
Do you think any advertiser want to see a failure like you with such shit vids promoting his stuff ? It won't work unless you have millions of subs and .. well you won't.

>the whole game is literally nothing
>literally
>nothing

I might need to set up a word filter on that.

Why is this shit getting reposted every time there's a no man's sky thread

its fucking shit

Because its the maker of the video shilling it

Because it simultaneously makes fun of spastic morons like Angry Joe and the paranoid alt right meme spewers on Sup Forums who get so enraged by it.

>Because it simultaneously makes fun of

You do realise that people probably won't even listen to it past 10 seconds because of how annoying it is?

Because this is what happens when virtually everyone on Sup Forums nowadays is from reddit.

>literally
>/ˈlJt(ə)rəli/
>informal
>used for emphasis while not being literally true.
>"I have received literally thousands of letters"
I'll show you the door.

Does that shill even care about that? They just want people to click the video and give it a view, right?

>using the word you are defining in the definition

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

I don't know who the fuck you are talking about, but that doesn't change the fact that its unfunny, a waste of time a waste of space,a waste of data not even a good parody and that your shitty channel won't get any more subscribers over here.

Stop posting that shit in every NMS thread. Go shill your shit on reddit

Not my problem. Actually, the fact that so many people think I made the video is even funnier than the video itself to me now. This is what I mean by paranoid. It's like GG. Everything is a conspiracy.

tldr

Just shut the fuck up

Now even I think you made the video.

there is nothing to explore and there is no survival just using your meme ray to get meme abstract shit for your meme artificial limitations

>responding to copypasta seriously

>Not shutting the fuck up

>if I say "meme" in front of everything it means it's bad
Sup Forums was a mistake

It's not "bad" but it's just not worth the full price since there is not much to it. It's basically a 20 bucks mining simulator with a 60 bucks price tag.

you can shove your meme opinion up your figurative literal ass

>meme opinion

I really, really, really like this expression

Is this shit real?

My god

>We are hundreds, thousands. Millions.
Since when do the procedurally generated quintillions sales have a spokesperson ?

Back in the days where Sup Forums was Sup Forums, it was agreed that a good game was worth $20.
Nowadays that reddit has thoroughly invaded, it's agreed that a garbage game that nobody would even want for free is worth $20.

Take Spore's space stage
Remove the editors

Congrats, you've just made a revolutionary new game.

If it was £20 and received little hype I could honestly see many people enjoying this as a Euro Truck simulator type game.

Money is worth different amounts to different people.

20$ can be a lot for a poorfag, but a rich man can spit on that shit.

I guess that means Sup Forums being Sup Forums, is retarded. Which is par for the course really.

Nigga check the reviews.
I pirated it and felt robbed.

>le money relativism meme
Go back from whence you came

yes

even if it was early access and like 10 bucks it'd still be bad

it's a random map generator with little to no gameplay

I named a planet after this thread.

Maybe someone will find it one day.

Is gravity a meme too you mouthbreather?

How does it feel to be the reason why the early access cancer, 0 testing releases and day-0 DLC exist?

what episode does this girl get raped?

Molyneux gave us The Movies, Todd gave us Morrowind, they're liars but at least they shit out a great game every once in a while.

Sean didn't do shit. His goal was to bait underage redditors who are too young to remember Spore to buy his game, then pull a Notch and retire forever (and possibly quit social media altogether since by then everyone would know him as a lying fraud).

Pretty good user. Early access is for fags, buggy games can wait until they are fixed or won't get played at all, and day-0 DLC is literally no problem.

Plus I can choose to do almost anything that I want to when I'm not playing videogames.

>Morrowind
>great game

Maybe if you haven't played tabletop. And even then you gotta have some really bad taste.

Its pretty underwhelming.