Sup Forumsampire

Recommend me games where you can play as a Vampire.

Also why hasn't there been a single good action RPG based on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vampire_video_games
youtube.com/watch?v=sTExU8XsvOw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sadly there's almost no good games where you can play as a vampire and barely any good games heavily involving vampires as part of the story at all.
VTMB is by far your best choice regarding rpgs.
Legacy of Kain and Castlevania: SOTN are extremely solid choices.
Don't bother with shovelware trash like Dark.
There's also a dungeon crawler BloodLust Shadowhunter but i haven't played it yet.

You could mod the shit out of skyrim and play a vampire in that; I haven't checked, but I'm guessing there will be a ton of vampire overhauls for it.

>toreador
>be careful when getting into fights
wut
they are like the second strongest clan for direct combat

Yes, modded Skyrim is pretty nice for playing as a vampire but sadly the game itself is so dogshit it reduces the entire experience to nothing

I've already played the LOK series and SOTN. Some of my favorite games. Haven't tried VTMB since I don't have a gaming PC but from what I've seen it's pretty dated and the gameplay looks clunky. You're right vampires is a criminally underused mythology. We keep getting more zombie games.

How does the upcoming Vampyr look to you?

Yes I had loads of fun in with vanilla Skyrim on the X360 with the Dawnguard DLC. It's pretty much the only fantasy Vampire action RPG out there. The modern setting for VTMB doesn't feel right tbqh familium.

>Haven't tried VTMB since I don't have a gaming PC
nigga it's a 10 years old game and by far the best vampire experience in the entire gaming
>How does the upcoming Vampyr look to you?
i don't like what i see in gameplay footage
the melee system looks extremely clunky and painfully uninteresting and generally it stinks of being the same shovelware trash like Dark or, say, games of Spiders

How about a vampire Action RPG on consoles?

Beggars can't be choosers.

Name ONE (1) other current-gen vampire game.

Hey I know that card!

Shitty card imho..

Are there any decent games about being a werewolf? The werewolf segment in VTMB was fucking great.

Which TCG is this?

Hmm... don't get mad but being a werewolf in Skyrim is hella fucking fun.

>Tfw sprinting atop mountains on a winter night
>Tfw you can call other wolf-bros by howling

Magic the gathering. That card is from the innistrad block. My favorite plane. Place has a real bloodborne v8be to it.

Aside from werewolf/druid transformations in some rpgs? Almost fucking none, even less than vampire games.
The Wolf Among Us probably counts as one but you might as well just watch something.

Bloodborne.

There's Bloodrayne, which was okay for it's time.

There's also the Vileblood covenent in Bloodborne, I guess, which are kind of implied to be like vampires. But it's criminally underutilised lorewise, unfortunately. Even the Queen doesn't actually have that much to say.

You're right it definitely does. I was instantly reminded of Yharnam when I saw that card pic.

It's not much, but are there any mmos where you can play as vampires? I remember playing Forsaken World a few years back for a bit, and it wasn't exactly good, but playing as a vampire was cool, probably would have been pretty cool if I got all my abilities rather than just being pretty low level.
An ARPG would be sweet, thinking about it I think a turn based rpg would be as well; would give space to have really cool looking spells that just play out.
Alucard is playable in Castlevania 3 (looks different however, but it's still him and he has hellfire and the stopwatch if I'm not mistaken), and in Julius mode of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
What's VTMB like? I've heard good things, but I have zero idea of how the game plays, would just looking up gameplay on youtube give me a good idea?

Vilebloods are nothing like vampires at all, just an old bloodline of nobles pumping their queen full of semen.

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone remember a SRPG on the 360 set in WW2 where you fought against Nazi's who were vampires and werewolves and the like? it was a Japanese game if i remember right.

The implication is subtle but it's still there.

In that case check out the cards from shadows ovrr inistrad block.

Same setting with vamps and earwolfs. But now there is literally a eldritch horror. Corrupting everything

>What's VTMB like
It's a first person rpg with a lot of dialogues and some pretty cool class-unique interactions.
Combat system is pretty clunky (but just go with Toreadors and make a gun build with Celerity to make it serviceable enough) but it's fully compensated by the writing and amount of cool quests.
Just install unofficial patch before playing.

It's an answer me or die 4drop. I agree that dying to bolt is bad, but if it untaps, it can really take over the game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vampire_video_games

Holy shit this is a pathetically small list.

What. You have to explain this to me, please.

Could work well in a vampire tribal edh deck it olvia ad the commander. I just hate tribal decks

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines you dumb faget.

that's just a fanart, we never see her face
vilebloods are a bunch of nobles living either on an island or in their separate dimension (as evident by the fact you can only enter by having cainhurst summons and horses moving the cart end up looking long dead when you enter it) and having their own society built around invading other worlds and killing people to feed the vileblood queen with bloody semen so she might give a birth to a Great One
they possess no actual vampire powers or properties, they just stole a bunch of secrets from the Church and managed to create a bunch of blood weapons and firearms

The Castlevania Lords of Shadows series gets a lot of undue hate imo, they're easily 7/10s.

Obviously VTM:B

Oblovion and, to a lesser degree, Skyrim let you build your character around Vampirism, and mods are a plus

First person rpg makes me think of Skyrim and New Vegas, neither of which I liked much and didn't play much of. Obviously I don't know if this comparison is fair or not. It is vampires which is certainly very appealing to me, so I'm not sure. Description on steam says combat involves "an incredible array of vampire powers", they any good however? Using guns like you said to make the combat less clunky sounds fine to me, but less so if it's avoiding all the vampire combat stuff all together

It's the theme and aesthetic really.
They're fallen nobles living in a gothic castle, are considered heretical abominations to the point of being wiped out by the Church, they steal the blood of others to feed to the Queen, you feed on the blood of the Queen to convert to them and increase your rank, and Annalise herself can be restored to life even from a blooded puddle of pulp.

They're not vampires in the strictest sense, but the theme is definitely implicit.

>The Castlevania Lords of Shadows series gets a lot of undue hate imo, they're easily 7/10s.

The 1st game was a 7/10 not so much the 3ds game or LoS 2.

>spider skulls
Such horrible things are not meant to exist.

Dracula Kid, although It's not what you are looking for.
Darkstalkers for Demitri.

I want to fuck that succubutt.

Unnethack.
As for action RPGs, solar boy django (i.e. boktai 2) is god-tier, solid 9/10. However be aware that the sun sensor really ads to the experience, and playing on an emulator or with a cheat for the sun, while still acceptable, really makes you miss out.
If you like it, try boktai 1. Don't bother with lunar knights (it's a 3/10 at best) or boktai 3 (it's not very good).

The gameplay in 1 and 2 is quite different, and iirc you can only play as a vampire in 2.

Nope.

Bruah > Gangrel > Nosferatu > Ventrue > the rest

celerity > everything
clans with celerity > classes without celerity

youtube.com/watch?v=sTExU8XsvOw

There's this. Apparently choices affect the world, anyone can die, you have to choose between feeding and getting more monstrous, but who will die etc

Looks like it could be compelling

blood artist is my favorite and probably the best vampire card in magic

Celerity is bullshit. 14 seconds of moving slightly faster. You'd be better off with points in Potence or Fortitude.

I cannot believe this has not been mentioned.

maybe you're blind

Retard.

Literally the first fucking reply you neonate.

>STILL no open world sandbox RPG where you can choose to become the source of vampirism and turn people into vampires

Looks like regular AAA garbage with a different coat of paint.

Unironically Skyrim and Oblivion.
Once you mod it, it's the best vampire/vampire hunter experience you'll ever play.

Also
>Vampire: the masquerade Redemption/Bloodlines.

Dishonored (not a vampire but it does feel like one)

Sadly, there are not enough vampire games that truly feel like doing cool vamp shit.
VtM is one of the best, nostly because of good writing.

Lords of Shadow 2 lets you play as Dracula. Shame the game is not very good though.

Dwarf Fortress.

My bad. In that case, Aria of Sorrow for GBA is also extremely solid.

I only know half vampires.

toreador is the best bloodline to use guns by far, which is objectively the strongest way to win fights once you get to downtown and can get guns besides the shitty handgun and the odd bit of shotgun ammo

>350976156
It also slows down the enemies you retard. Only low level Celerity is a speed up later levels are bullet time.

S k y r i m

>still no vampire game where I can be left alone to rot to prevent the curse of immortality and hunger for blood to reach mortal hands
>tfw I will never be able to experience that solitude IRL
>tfw you will never attain absolute invisibility

used to jerk off to this game when I was a kid

Dwarf Fortress.

Vampire The Masquarade games (both Redemption and Bloodlines).

All Legacy of Kain games.

Elder Scrolls games if you get infected with vampirism.

Bloodrayne games.

Castlevania and Darkstalkers.

Total War Warhammer (especially that now you can go and play as Vlad Von Carstein instead of Mannlet...I mean Mannfred).

>you're an ancient high-level vampire who survived some massive vampire purge aeons ago but the rest of your species were wiped out who awakens in mortal world
>you need to adapt to modern society to avoid being detected because no matter how great your powers are, humanity will wipe you out
>you can turn people into vampires either willingly or unwillingly, with them joining you and becoming your loyal servants and protectors or abominations forced to serve you unwillingly
>at some point vampire hunters clans will get formed, especially if you're too greedy and harvesting people too hard and leaving evidence
>plays like a hybrid of party-based rpg and strategy where you need to expand your domain both via force and more subtle approaches, with you being an immensely powerful unit who must be protected at all costs so it's wiser to send your lieutenants on mission instead, though sometimes they can rebel and form their own vampire clans you will be forced to deal with as well
>can choose to either enslave humanity or blend into it to a point you control all strings without going overboard and harvesting all humans

Tremere>

>You will never kidnap maidens and wait until some hero comes to try and get them back.
>You will never have keep said maidens to become children of the night at your service.
>You will never spend your life designing a perfect dark castle filled with traps and monsters.
>You will never have Walter's voice

The von carstein trilogy of novels was pretty good.

It's one of the beter cards for 4 mana in a vampire deck, token gen and gives everything +2/+2

Speaking of Warhammer, playing as a Vampire in the CK2 mod Geheimnisnacht was great fun. I managed to turn Bretonnia and large chunks of Estalia into a Blood Dragon nation.

There's also the Warcraft TFT minigames.

The 11th vampire was GOAT
And there's one called Rise of the Vampyr inspired on Warhammer which is also great.

Warhammer vampires in general are everything cool about vampires and made likeable.

Vlad, Abhorash, Ushoran...hell, even the Queen Bitch and mother of all vampires Neferata is awesome in her own way.

Mannlet is still Mannlet. Konrad is kinda forgettable.

>I managed to turn Bretonnia and large chunks of Estalia into a Blood Dragon nation.
Abhorash would've been proud of you.

Morrowind had the bests Vampire questlines but its vampire gameplay was practically nonexistant outside of people hating you and avoiding the sun

There's Space Station 13 if you get lucky with your antagonist role.

My favorite character is still Jon Skellan though.

Is it true that Vlad got resurrected and killed Mannfred in the End Times series?

Vamp is 0/10, worst mode by far. In the first place, the only really good antag roles are the group roles.

What skyrim mods would you recommend for vampire shenanigans?

I'd play the shit out of a game like this.

You're absolutely right. Even if its has its own quirks to it, the only thing shoving it down in the fucking mud is the blood system.

Lifeweb's vampires are funner than that

Think of Deus Ex when thinking of Bloodlines.
>they any good however?
Yeah, some are better than others, some are more flashy, but still fun.

Symphony of the night is an action rpg.

>Is it true that Vlad got resurrected and killed Mannfred in the End Times series?
Nope.

But Mannlet did end the world when he stabbed Gelt in the back.

Vlad was too busy saving Isabella from Nurgle's grasp after she was resurrected as a pseudo-daemon anti-undead vampire.

Sadly Vlad got impaled and he didn't have his ring. He gave it to Isabella (who was impaled with him) hoping that the powers of the Von Carstein Ring would purge her from Nurgle's control and corruption if it resurrected her again.

Online modded warband, but not much.
You can just turn into a bat and summon skeletons.

Mod is called CoMM

Never played Deux Ex, so that's of no help. Nice to hear they're good

>when someone reposts a thing you made

Have you even played the game? Maxed out celerity allows to walk around bullets and make every encounter trivial.

Reminder

desu it just makes me want a superhero sandbox that really lets you go crazy with powers like Prototype

>inb4 Nosgoth

Anyone else really want to play Vampyr?

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption is a solid action RPG

Looks very clunky and I can see the whole system around keeping NPC's alive or not potentially being very annoying. I don't know, it just looks as though the fun factor is missing despite having an interesting atmosphere.

that card blows. anything with extort is better than it.

Or RotRP. I literally turned this game into Castlevania.

I kinda wished Minecraft could have become a vamp simulator with mods.

>he hasn't played Legacy of Kain yet

I'm looking forward to it, but atmosphere/writing counts for a lot to me. I'm not sure about the gameplay.