Release Early Access game

>Release Early Access game
>Spend money not on finishing the game but on making console versions and paid DLC
>DLC is top seller on Steam

Why are gamers such sheep?

>straight from slowtaku
>calling anyone else sheep

what the fuck is slowtaku

Lurk more.

Gamers like sucking the developers dick

>what the fuck is slowtaku

You're dealing with gamers who buy into early access in the first place. Of course they're easily milked for more money.

Lol people don't understand devs have multiple departments.

Game designers are quicker the the bug/patching team.
So the content for scorched earth was completed b4 the other the game was polished.

Also the game is 20 dollars 70 percent of the time.

Stay poor Sup Forums

>Early Access
>DLC

Wait, if the game is in Early Access, then why does it have DLC?

Isn't the point of Early Access because the game isn't complete, and so needs more content added until it is a complete game to sell? Wouldn't any additional content be going into the base game - the incomplete base game, which is in Early Access for its lack of content - rather than being a separate package which the Early Access adopters must therefore purchase?

What is DLC?

100% of the income of an Early Access game should go into finishing the game, that's the deal. Anything else is dishonest.

Early Access is a cancer.

If a singleplayer game goes Early Access then you know 99% of the time it won't be fully complete and polished in the way that you expect from good games. It'll feel lumpy and incomplete, full of false promises, dashed potential, and crushed dreams.

Here's early access: pay us to let you the player beta test a game.

"Gamers" are some of the biggest shit-eaters with literally no standards around, more news at 11.

They're probably trying to recover after being sued.

>
>100% of the income of an Early Access game should go into finishing the game, that's the deal. Anything else is dishonest.

>100%

How the fuck do you not understand. Some people who are employed by this company DO NOT do debugging and optimization. They are content creators.

Have you ever had a job?

Then why not put that dlc content straight into games? That's right: JEWS!

So are you saying that the DLC content hasn't been debugged to ensure it is working properly?
Or are you saying that both the content creators and the debug team were pulled off the main Early Access project (which people have already paid them money to complete) in order to work on the DLC?

Because Scorched Earth isn't some sort of texture pack that doesn't need to run through the debug team or anything like that. It's a completely new area, with new creatures and new items included. All that needs to run through a debug team to ensure it works properly, which means the teams which need to work on the main game are still required to stop their work to produce the DLC.

And that ignores that, if the main game is still lacking content and is still in Early Access as a result, why are they producing new content but not using it to complete the main game?

It's a business and people need to get paid for their work.

>do you even capitalism bro?

Then they should be creating creating content for the main game. Or at least holding off on releasing the DLC until the main game is done. You absolutely should not be releasing extra paid content for a game when that game isn't itself yet a complete product. That crazy and sleazy as shit. Steam shouldn't allow it.

You think finishing an Early Access game only means fixing bugs and optimizing? It also means adding content.

Your point is invalid, and you are a moron.

>It's a business and people need to get paid for their work.
They are paid for the work. That's the entire point of purchases for Early Access: it's to pay the business and the people working there to complete the game.

I mean I understand that they might need a quick cashgrab after having to cough up $40,000,000 to Trendy, but jesus this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At a price tag that's ~2/3 of the base game, there should've been a lot more content than a small (albeit well designed) map and a handful of new dinos and structures.

Good point I did not think of that. They would need to bring the debug team over.

You are right this is not just a reskin. It looks like a completely different game. Moving resources around to work on the dlc is a grey area.

IMO the game has a lot of content. I have played it well over 60 hours.

What I am saying is, content wise ark is practically complete