Why is this game in such a shit state?

>1070 graphics card
>OC'd AMD-8350
>16GB RAM
>can barely run on medium
>crashes every 10 minutes
>almost NOTHING is completed in game yet
>still ridiculously overpriced ships

No one on Sup Forums wants to discuss the fact that they are 2 YEARS beyond even the BASIC single player aspect of this fucking game?
Like not even in early beta for it, 2 years after stated release date?

>the game is clearly vaporware that may end up being a massive trainwreck or not released at all
What's there to discuss again?

>>OC'd AMD-8350

honestly, the crytek engine is just a piece of shit. I'
ve never played a game on it while having stable frames.

this
wtf were/are you thinking op

Yes, I'd say it's time. Try Star Conflict - it's f2p and doesn't have nearly as many features as SC promises, but at least battles themselves are fucking interesting and tactical, especially closer to higher ship ranks. Don't be put off by gameplay on lower ranks, all fun starts at 7-8

>have literal garbage tier cpu worse than a fucking i3
>w-why is this g-game so shit

fucking amdrones. always blame everything else except the fucking hardware.

What the hell is the issue with that?

It was the best price for performance CPU available last time I upgraded.

I'm failing to see the issue here.

>they keep adding more and more shit trying to make the best game ever
>i just want a complete game

>It was the best price for performance CPU available last time I upgraded.
>>I'm failing to see the issue here.

There is no issue. It's some kind of retarded console babby who knows nothing about PC hardware and tries to bait you with shitposting.

Great argument, really adding to the discussion here about SC.

Can you even get a refund? Isn't paying for shit on kickstarter basically a donation?

I think people who fell for this kind of deserve it though. It was clear from the beginning that they wouldn't be able to deliver what they promised.

Backup a bit.

Why do you expect a game to limit itself so that a current-year system can max it out?

This Inversely - the fact that the alpha is just that, alpha, and is intentionally limiting what features are being demonstrated right now.

You can, though technically they are not required to via their TOS.

They've said they've approved almost all refund requests so far.

I've only put 45$ into the game - I can't justify spending $200+ on a virtual item that I can just earn in game.

The fact they even sold ships for that high of a price just angers me. Probably was the only thing that made me angry when I made a pledge.

Not him, but I'm curious - wouldn't just an 8350 bottleneck a 1070 pretty fucking hard? I run the bog-standard to end all bog-standard setups so I wouldn't really know.

Your rig is far from bog standard. You greatly overestimate people's computers.

I don't care to max it out. But I've played games that make this game look like shit and had frames in the 120's range. I get optimization comes usually around beta, but it's 2 years after planned full release and we're nowhere NEAR beta yet.

It's more demanding because of how big it is, your corridor shooter doesn't require anything because it's easy to run. .

It does bottleneck but not nearly that bad after overclocking.

I don't have the funds to upgrade GPU and CPU at the same time. Not to mention my mobo is fairly new after my last started shitting out it's USB ports.

I need a GPU upgrade far more than I needed a CPU upgrade.

I figure that, but it just feels like really sloppy code more than high demand based on complexity.

Maybe in badly coded games. Even then, not much.
In newer games that support Vulkan or Directx 12 an FX 8350 will probably be better than any i3 or i5.
GPU matters a lot more.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
>80 employees
>$90 million budget
>3 years of development time
>full-featured game releases

Star Citizen
>$130 million budget
>110 employees and some outsourcing
>5 years of development time
>there is still literally no gameplay, just more shovelware ships being squirted off the assembly line to drum up more cocaine money for Chris Roberts

an 8350 is severely outdated today to be paired with modern high end cards like 980 ti, fury x, 1070, 1080, titan x, titan xp, etc. most games are very single threaded and one of the main weaknesses of the 8350 was its abysmal single threaded performance. you'd honestly be better off with an i3 6100 over an 8350 due it is much superior single threaded performance. you also have an upgrade path with your z170 motherboard if you buy an i3.

>>full-featured game releases
Ahahahaha

>Star Citizen is a tenth the game Skyrim is

$0.03 has been deposited into your Star Citizen Backer's Account

>Why is this game in such a shit state?Why is this game in such a shit state?

Because Chris uses your money to buy $15,000 espresso machines for the office and to hire Hollywood celebrities to do voice cameos for SQ42 and pretend they're friends with him.

I haven't played or backed SC, but I do have played Skyrim.

It was total shite. An uninteresting cookie cutter shitgame with a big, empty and soulless sandbox.

>pretend they're friends with him
What do you mean, pretend? They told me I could come around for dinner some time!

i think you're missing the point friendo

Works fine on my machine :^)

I think you're just retarded.

I never defended SC, I was laughing at your retarded notion that Skyrim is a full-featured game.

>rubbish CPU
>huge update coming by the end of the year
Also it doesn't crash on my end. I think the world would be better off if you got a refund, one less babbling moron in the MMO. So yes, by all means, go get one.

Mark Hamill, the cuck of all cucks
That terrible rendering of Gary Oldman's lack of chin giving a terrible speech.

Mark Strong seems an okay fit, but that's probably the highest name that should be on the list.

People don't give a fuck about big celebrities - how about a game that works that doesn't do the Bethesda approach of everyone being voiced by the same person?

Diversification of voice actors is a hell of a lot more important than hiring people that no one gives a shit about.

Wait, there's a refund option?

Wasn't there a full leak of this game back in 2013 and people code-dived it and found out there was literally nothing whatsoever being worked on except new ships?

>huge update coming by the end of the year

You mean 2018 we'll get the alpha of Star Marine?

k

>MMO
>MMO
>MMO
>MMO

24 players per instance and only 16 ships per instance

>````````````````````````````````massively multiplayer''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

more info plox, I was deciding on buying it soon....

Just picked the cheapest ship up for this, is it fun right now? I bought it fully understanding it is an unfinished product and do not feel entitled to a refund no matter how I feel about it but I still wanna know how you bros have been enjoying it while my carcass rots waiting for it to update.

/r/the_donald

>buying it

There is nothing to buy. You are giving away money for a product that will never be released

The combat itself is great. The Crusader bit runs poorly but is overall fun, you just run out of things to do in like 2 or 3 hours. It's just a way to see the game systems working etc. Content will start to come in the 3.0 update.

Racing is (somewhat) stable.
Basic combat against bots with certain ships is stable, but still not balanced for the ships that are released.

The "baby PU" is far from ready. Star Marine has been delayed once again.

SQ42 looking at another year before it's out.

PU looking another three years.

Before you buy just know this - the game was said to be released by 2014.

Dates have been continuously pushed back to the point where they don't give even yearly timeframes for release now.

This game's 'release' is going to be the biggest source of tears in the known universe. It'll be DayZ or No Man's Sky times a thousand.

haha epic tortanic all over again :^)