ITT:

Games that make you go "Huh, that was it?"

Alien isolation
Vanquish

Explain.

Really? I found SotN to be the longest of the Igavanias.
I guess it'd seem short if you only got the bad end and never went to the inverted castle, but other than that it's a pretty decent length with a reasonable ending.

either a joke about the upside down castle or that the last boss was easily beat by standing in place and mashing square

>Literally every boss is other than galamoth can be beat on the first try
Whats there to explain?

OP is a fuckstick that got the bad ending
like me

I think he's referring to all those people, who back in the day never knew about the inverted castle.

They'd return the game with like 85% of the castle explored and just scratch their head about how it just ended like that.

Yeah, SotN bosses are kinda trivial.
You should try OoE or maybe CotM for a SotN-like with bosses that aren't total pushovers.

>greatfish isle cut
>greatfish dungeon cut
>fire dungeon cut
>ice dungeon cut
>ganon's dungeon just made out of recycled material
>forsaken fortress recycled
>5 empty archipelago islands
>5 copy/pasted fairy islands
>3 copy/pasted triangle islands
>6 copy/pasted reefs

so... that was it?

I see this claim all the time and I call bullshit. SotN is challenging for anyone that goes into it without a guide or anything spoiled for them.

Still didn't stop it from easily becoming my favorite Zelda. Piratey high seas adventure beats generic medieval setting any day.

>I don't care bout gameplay for content, just visuals and thematics~
>and I choose a cartoony cel shaded game as my favorite :^)

>Defeats Ophelia and her faction
>Doviculus shows up
>"Oh this must be the first fight for this faction (Lionwhyte was with the demons I know but I don't think we'd actually fought Doviculus's spawn yet)
>Gets to Doviculus
>"Must be the first fight with him then, cool."
>Painkiller starts playing (I knew it was the final boss theme)
>Wat.png
>Kills Doviculus
>Dissapointed.avi

Wind Waker's incarnations of Link, Zelda and Ganon are still the best in the series as far as I'm concerned. And to be fair, I'm not in the longer = better camp when it comes to Zelda. OoT felt too long and drawn out to me but I get why people don't like Wind Waker.

Not memeing but Silent Hill 2, I expected something more interesting.

longer is not necessarily better
but being made longer by filler fetch quests is objectively worse

I also think it's a pretty good game, one of my favorites as well. fek off m9

I know what you mean. I loved it when it was new on PS2 but when I replayed it on the HD collection, the gameplay itself is pretty underwhelming.

"That was it?" like what? dissapointment?

The first ending that you get when playing SOTN for the first time is just the half of the game.

Which is why I can't stand Skyward Sword.

JUST LIKE THE WIIIIIIIIIIND

Same singer that performed Snake Eater. /funfact

I literally played it absolutely blind for the first time on PSP about 10 years ago and it was piss easy.

You can spam Soul Steal on everything to instantly kill it. And I managed to get Crissaegrim literally off the first possible enemy that drops it, didn't take it off till the end of the game, killed Dracula in less than 6 seconds by mashing square.

Compared to the first game, SH2 is a major disappointment, it somehow feels incomplete and shallow. Even the boss fights feel incomplete.

Were you familiar with the GBA/DS Castlevanias though?

SH2 has the really emotional story and wonderful music and all the symbolism stuff, but Silent Hill 1 was outright much more scary.
Not to say that SH2 isn't scary, it is, just not nearly as much as the first game.

but WW is longer than OoT, and all you do are fetch quests in WW. Shit taste desu

Mirror's Edge

I don't think it's longer. It certainly doesn't feel that way. I never try to collect everything though.

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN

All side quests in Zelda games are fetch quests tho.

people really overestimate how much unique area there was in WW just because it had the big map when like 60% of the islands were filler and the rest all used an identical palette and were mostly small one-room shits

MM gets maligned as "too small", but look at all the areas in just one fifth of the world map in say the great bay:
>Fisherman's Hut
>Fisherman's Island
>Great Bay Coast
>Great Bay Temple
>Great Fairy Fountain
>Marine Research Lab
>Oceanside Spider House
>Pinnacle Rock
>Pirates' Fortress
>Waterfall Rapids
>Zora Cape
>Zora Game Site
>Zora Hall
>Zora Shop

several of those are on par with the biggest WW islands, a bigger dungeon and several subdungeons bigger than any of the minor side dungeons of WW
and thats just one of the 4 wings + clock town

I unironically like this song despite how cheesy as fuck it is.

and the first one

I played without a guide on my first time, I died to a few of the first bosses, but after that I breezed through the rest of them, probably the only reason I had even died at all to the first few bosses was because this was my first Metroidvania, and my first Castlevania.

SotN is easy, even for first timers.

Your Favorite Game

Yeah but great bay was one big slog. Collecting the stupid Zora eggs is my least favorite part of any Zelds outside of Skyward Sword's silent realm sections.

Darksiders 2 gave me this feeling. Several times throughout the game actually.

At first I thought there was only the one world and was about to face the final boss after the golem.
Then I thought the city of the dead was the end of the game.
The level on earth was so short compared to the other two it made me think that just for the world.
Last place was a little underwhelming as well.

All in all I think I just kept wanting the game to end but it didn't. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

this

Why did you use literally the worst fucking part of any Zelda game as your example? Great Bay can eat my ass.

Not only does it have insanely tedious fetch quest shit as its only content, but doing the area only leads to the worst dungeon in the series which has the worst boss in the series.

OP here, the only part i looked at a guide for was how to beat galamoth. Everything else i did by myself.

I felt like this after finishing the first Parasite Eve. It sure was a short game. I can't even get the sequel to work on any of the different emulators so yeah, that's it I guess.

>This story never truly ends :^)

Dino Crisis for me. I can replay the classic RE games endlessly but DC just never holds my attention.

every modern games i played always gave me that expression. last games i felt satisfied finishing was kingdom hearts 2 i don't even like that game anymore

b8

OOT was the best Zelda, that's a fact

then comes LA, then ALTTP

In terms of the story

Parasite Eve 2 is a piece of shit anyways.

also did you do the optional dungeon in 1 and get the real ending? it's not THAT short of a game.

kids these days

T H I S

OoT bored me at times even when it was new although I appreciated it more when I replayed it on GameCube years later. Wind Waker delivered a more tightly paced story which is why I prefer it overall.

*In terms of the story, soundtrack, and driving controls

FTFY

2 isn't that bad, just way different than 1

It's like a more action oriented RE with a few RPG elements

GTAIV is that for me.

Pic related.

You literally spend the last two hours of the game killing off 3 of the major antagonists, including the final boss. It all felt so painfully rushed.

BROKEN MIIIIIIIIROR

A MILLION SHADES OF LIIIIIIIIGHT

>Fable 2
>last boss just stands there monologuing and you can either shoot him or he'll just fall anyway
>felt rushed and pointless
>never bought another Fable game again

>SH2 is a major disappointment

Having played it almost immediately after finishing 1 twice (to get the best ending), I'd have to say that yes, you are fucking retarded. SH2's a masterpiece and how it takes the more melancholic and dark aspects that 1 dabbled with and puts them front and center was genius.

I replayed SH1 recently and still don't fully understand the story even with the best ending. It has sort of a fever dream feel to it which was probably intentional.

>"You can do anything."

Does this count?

Honestly that's something you should have been expecting at this point.

>Good ending
>You save cheryl and will the rest of your happy life with cybil
>Bad ending
>You died in a car accident and it was all just a dream of cheryl that you're coming to save her
How is this hard though?

the last mission was kind of contrived wasn't it

like they had no real ideas to wrap up the story so you kill a bunch of minor nuisances and it just sort of ends

I was more referring to the drug and cult stuff rather than the endings specifically.

I thought the dog was behind it all.