Why the fuck is there no RPG set in Ghost In The Shell universe where you play as a robot cyborg straight out of the...

Why the fuck is there no RPG set in Ghost In The Shell universe where you play as a robot cyborg straight out of the factory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That movie's insane.
I didn't understand what was going on tho

I'd much rather have an MGS-like game with AI robo-companions so I can constantly gaze at The Major's ass in the Sneaking Suit

eye divine cybermancy is basically being the major simulator. You can hack into people and make them shoot their teammates. Plus weird warhammery magic

cd projekt red is making an adaptation of the old cyberpunk pen & paper game, it's coming in like 2020 though

This
I had to rewatch it to get a grip on what the fuck was going on.

Hollywood obviously have to tone the story down for the dumb normies to understand, gee I can't wait for the massive butthurt.

nice bubs

>Hollywood
you just had to fucking remind me of that bullshit
got damn it

where does it say that they are taking inspiration from the 1995 film? maybe they are going for the anime feel, or the manga feel, or the arise feel.

None of those are going to be given justice so it doesn't really matter IMO

>Arise
>Origa ded
>F2P FPS
>live action
It's dead Jim.

They shouldn't let dumbass Americans destroy GitS, but they already did that with Arise so I guess the deed is done

I forgot she died last year, she was too young

Mamoru Oshii is a pretentious hack

awetsfijzngdogbtn s[asdfz[casdiuzfhporetl;z;olawpoawerp[ol;zkzdosfipj

isn't there an MMO?

Arise is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Why aren't there more cyberpunk games in general? It's literally the perfect genre for video games, I just don't understand.

Yes it is

People used to say that about zombie survival, now look at it. Be careful what you wish for.

Nigga the manga is even more complex than the anime, If they are drawing inspiration from the manga, they will have my respects, but good luck with appealing to normies.

It's amazing how they managed to be even more off-model than SAC

The animation looks good, but the design is fucking atrocious.

2hard

You think, like, Rockstar could make at least a sci-fi as fuck cyberpunk environment? Nah, they can only do generic garbage.

>that gradient fill tool on the body paint.

>origa ded
please be joking

yeah, look at all that plot!

Happened forever ago, I'm not.

Oh look! Cherry picking!

the major is a walking ship of theseus with all but crippling existential depression that doesn't know if she's even human or not

she spends the entire movie shittalking cyborgs as they're an evolutionary dead end that could be exterminated with a virus, as there's not really a means for a machine to overcome its limitations without breaking, or to suitably adapt to its environment. an evolutionary dead end.

she's fixated on the rogue AI because it shows an ability to adapt like a living organism. 2501 shares her worries and wants to basically mind meld / reproduce such that his "offspring" can be more than the sum of its parts

This is why they show you the cyborg being built from the ground up from skin and bones, then it turns into a robot /fit/ girl. Its INTENTIONALLY objectifying it because the major views her body as an object, and doesn't give fuck about it. Then when she gets torn up, its basically Natural Selection at work, her body cannot ADAPT to that external stimuli. But when merged with 2401, her ghost can "evolve" into a higher being independent of a shell.

I remember being kinda mindfucked by it and End of Evangelion when I was first getting into this shit, but in retrospect it honestly kinda hits you over the head with the message, not that thats a bad thing.

god damn it

2deep4u

Man Shirow draws excellent girls

its a joke

Compared to the other movies and anime? Yeah, sure. I do think it does it's own thing and does it pretty well. There are problems of course, but it shows a different side of the Major that I think it's fun, but still, doesn't mean it's better than anything else, but I don't think it's as shit as people say.

Well, it's supposed to be a young Major, so that's fine IMO. On the very last scene of the movie she looks a lot closer to the original movie design, which I think it's a pretty cool callback, and made me forget how shitty she looked at the start of Arise.

That scene really through me for a loop the first time around. In all honesty though, the manga takes a good turn after the first couple of issues

Posting best major.

Also Mitsuo Iso is a god.

No shit

Wait just a second, I've never watched weebshit. Can someone explain to me why that guy has tits?

This movie was so boring.

I didn't understand a single thing.

The animation was great though.

I'd like to read it but the manga is literally unfindable here, and i dont really want to pirate more gits.

You can just read it online on like kiss or something dude

>weebshit
>guy with tits

stop being an ignorant Sup Forumsirgin and watch it

If you literally can't buy it, why do you still have any qualms about piracy?

Deus ex is the closest you're gonna get buddy

Arise was pretty okay.
Every fan is going to bitch when it isn't 100% true to the other series or even their own headcannon.

its easily findable on any mobile/tablet appstore manga reader

Rewatch it and concentrate on not just the tits. It's worth it.

your random shitpost is surprisingly relevant to the film

what's that haircut called

Go back to your dumbed down garbage and leave gits and Eva for smart people.

And you, don't be a fucking hipster you nerd.

At least you can play this. Its pretty decent.

>Eva
got damn you were close. NGE is just harem dressed up in pseudo-science bullshit

>I like shitty movies with forced plots, look guys, am i smart already??

U gonna get banned for trying to prove me wrong

I WIIIIINN

I find Sup Forumsirgins tend to not read or watch much outside of games and the big summer films.
They don't want to be reminded how much the story sucks in games.

That's a female cyborg normie.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4

Despite this, there is a huge lust for games with "great stories" instead of "ADHD games for 'casuals' that are gameplay oriented". Why is this?

Which I find a bit odd. GITS is my favorite series ever, and a big reason why I'm really into cyberpunk, so I was incredibly happy to get Arise, even if it was different than the other releases, because there is not a lot of cool stuff exploring those themes, and even though it doesn't really go into philosophy or more deep stuff like the rest of the material, it's still a really interesting world to explore.

>Arise
Oh god no

that kinda count as piracy. Not that i have anything against piracy, but id really like to own the physical version of the things i truly enjoy. I even regrettably watched arise at the theatre.
rate my blog

It's worst

No, it really doesn't.

I just pirate shit and then buy figures. Works for me, hope it works for the japs.

I doon't understand how people can read manga on those fucking websites. Manga with compression artifacts triggers the fuck out of me

>gits and eva for smart people

nigga I love the living fuck out of both but don't be a pretentious cunt. You're worse than the waifufags on Sup Forums that spend every waking moment feeding their victim complexes with the idea that Anno and every single Fireposter is out to get them. Not that he isn't, its just how could you even care about Rebuild at this point.

Eva's harem is so dysfunctional its hard to call it much of one. Its the most unpretentious "go outside you smell neet" message ever made. Jesus, the suicidal loners on this website practical read lines from shinji's script every night.

It's sad that those people flock to David Cage's crap and even Telltale's copy and paste games.
Or worse yet games like Gone Home.

I don't think we'll ever have a game that mixes amazing gameplay with amazing story, it just seems like one has to get neglected in the end.

I feel arise doesnt really ruin anything for me even though i didnt really enjoy it. I mean, every director/writer had a pretty different vision of what gits should be, and every version is pretty much disconnected from the other. Its like cape comics or historic figures.

Threadly Reminder you fucks should watch Patlabor 2, since its directed by the same guy, Mamoru Oshii.

If you're a faggot who don't like mecha, don't worry, most of the robots get blown the fuck out by conventional weapons anyway.

Its like a Tom Clancy movie, but not Gung-Ho at all, and from the perspective of a country that would be the front line in a Cold War gone hot, only the JSDF for defense/ no offense, and a populous that doesn't even know what martial law looks like.

They REALLY didnt like the UN getting their JSDF to help in cleaning up after the Kymer Rouge, so Oshii made this movie as protest.

>you will never have your own major robot

Oh right, there's a 2 to that one, only watched the first. It was good.

I am finally watching SAC now, years after watching the movie.

What's wrong with arise btw?

Arise references the other adaptations far too often. It's hard to appreciate it as a different vision when it's constantly reminding you of the memorable moments from the rest of the franchise instead of creating its own.

OVA series is pretty great too. Its alot like the 1st movie.

Patlabor 2 goes full Oshii and changes the tone to something very GITS like.`

Watch it and find out

>how could you even care about Rebuild at this point.
>not wanting 3.0 + 1.0 to finally come out for shitposting of epic proportions

I'll get right on it.

I admittedly only watched the first episode and removed much of it from my memory.

>F2P FPS
Pretty enjoyable
>Arise
There's literally nothing wrong with it

Because every GITS game we get is a shitty action game that totally misses the point.

But what if I accidentally like it? I need to have a biased view on it right now.

We'll just call you a retard and insult you with image macros if that happens

hi I'd like 90s anime haircut

Weebshit.

you are entitled to your opinion.

People don't like the redesigned Major, and it often focus on more action, which means the writing isn't as good. As other another user said, it has a lot of references from the other adaptations, which somewhat cheapens some of the experience, but I still think it stand out on its own, and despite going on a different direction, one that wasn't explored before, it's still pretty fun to watch.

>Hey kid wanna /ss/?
>Naaah.

Still mad.

I fucking love Patlabor.

quality

yeah they're disgusting

You mean horsecocks

I don't think anyone will ever not be mad about that scene.

>360 degrees hand rotation
How did he do it?

I love everything GitS related.
Arise, not being as good as the other adaptations, was still better than 90% of the anime released that year.
First Assault is a pretty enjoyable game.
The PSX game is fun_
The PSP game is shit

I can fucking hear it

I don't know how people haven't thought about command activated movement.
Let's say, you have that gigant fucking mech. You turn your wrist till a certain point, and the software takes it as a trigger for the 360 degrees hand rotation.

It's not that hard to understand.

>headcanon for an obvious mistake
kay

Diagnostic/boot up test?