If EA ruins series and developers, than why Mass Effect 2 was better than first game and jade empire?

If EA ruins series and developers, than why Mass Effect 2 was better than first game and jade empire?

>why Mass Effect 2 was better than first game

It's not though.
It's objectively worse in pretty much every single way.

Except for..
Graphics
Characters
Gameplay
Class balance

It had better graphics and movement in combat was less spongy.

(Yooooooou)

ME2 is better and it isn't particularly close

It wasn't, though. ME1 was the best.

>Gameplay
No

>Class balance
Because they played almost the same. WHether that is an improvement is debateable.

>Graphics
Look roughly the same, I hope you mean PC since consolebabbys need not apply.

>Characters
The only decent ones were the ones from the first game, the new ones ranged from boring shit to pure cringe.

>Gameplay
Way fucking worse.
Limited abilities, pointless thermal clips which add nothing to the gameplay but make it more tedious, barely any customisation or progression of gear.

>Class balance
Making every class play the same like a boring GoW character is not balance.

Me2>Me1>me3

Fact

ME2 was a terrible RPG.

I knew the game would be bad when they were touting the gears of war style heavy weapons in the trailer.

EA really isn't the devil though. Compared to what everyone else is doing, they're actually pretty mild with their jewery/

They were just ahead of the curve on microtransactions, which garnered them a long lasting bad reputation.

>Sup Forums circa 2009/2010 fucking loved DA:O and Mass Effect 2
>threads for months discussing each game/franchise enthusiastically
>neo-Sup Forumsedditors shit on both games unironically to try and fit in

You have to go back

they got rid of exploring in the mako, and you can't crouch out of cover which as a sniper is god damned terrible, but lets ignore that cause they improved the graphics......

You're the one who needs to go back.

I vividly remember ME2 pre release, and everyone bitching about thermal clips, and how much they butchered class building.

Compare ME2's skill tree to ME1s

Holy hell I was just reminded how sexy the UI and general outlook of ME1 really is.

Also I miss when getting new armor was exciting because it made your characters look different even though most of the time it was just a palette swap, the costume/clothing designs were some dank shit back then, better than making it DLC anyways.

>Gameplay
It's a better shooter than the original, but the original did a mostly-successful job of blending two previously disparate genres together and felt much more unique for it.

dawwwww Wrex looks so cute.

When they removed the mako and inventory, it was apparent what design philosophy the devs would take. It it doesn't work that well - just take it out. Which eventually left us with ME3.

EVA Unit-FAT.png

Mako is back in Andromeda and you can apparently customize the fuck out of it.

I refuse to be hyped for another Bioware game but Andromeda seems like the series is going back to it's roots.

Glad they went to a different galaxy as well so they can start clean again, it's like diving into ME1 for the first time again.

>tfw no qt quarian gf

Skill trees dont mean shit when the fucking shooting mechanics are abysmal and every single gun has that stupid shotgun reticule.

The entire plot of ME2 could just have been dlc between 1 and 3. It's irrelevant drivel. ME2 entirely lost the feeling of a sci-fi exploration game, and just became standard action shooter #10001

>Characters
No, just no
>Gameplay
Literally how
First game gameplay was fun
Second one is boring as fuck because you can't use anything

>It's objectively worse in pretty much every single way.
For what it's worth, unlike Mass Effect, all areas are unique in Mass Effect 2.

Literally go play Nu Male's Sky, Mass Effect is about the universe, and 2 had more of that than 1 did

It wasn't. You're retarded.

>unique corridors with waist high walls everywhere

The recycled environments in ME1 were pretty shit, but still better than this alternative.

People won't even try to defend the ME2 plot will they? Defeating one baby reaper which means nothing in the grand scheme, while building up a team that you will never use in the final battles.

I think ME1 and ME2 make a great pleb filter.
Yes, ME1 is better in almost all regards. Environments, exploration, choices, story, characters, rpg elements. All ME2 did was make the combat easier, smoother, and dumb downed.

>and 2 had more of that
No
ME2 universe was generic shit
At least ME universe was generic space opera, second game couldn't even reach that

Congratulations user you're mentally disabled

That's the perfect argument someone would make who likes ME2

Your comment: it's shit

There now I'm up to your level

Global cooldowns was a big mistake.

Fuck off ME fanboy
GCD only makes game more balanced and better

The baby Reaper was awful, but the squad you built up was amazing, and I had a blast doing it.

The fact that you basically have none of them in your party again is one of ME3's many sins.

Mass Effect 2 was better simply because Mass Effect 1 was developed in a garage with by 2 guys. the game looks and plays like '95 shareware.

>I had blast sorting out daddy's issues of the some most special snowflake badass people in the universe

In what way?

It makes gameplay dull and flat by preventing ability combos and simplifies the decision behind deciding to use an ability or not to.

bait

ME2 was developed before EA aquired the studio.

ME3 was the product of that and I rest my case

You don't know how you make decisions. Your decisions just happen. They pop up like hiccups. Do you have any control over it? Does it do you or do you do it?

What a queer world. We demand meaning in decisions and choices, what choice do we have? There is only irony.

Like a storm is a meeting of hot and cold air, there is only the mixture of opposites.

>colossus armour

God fuck why wasn't this in the sequels.

>ME2 was developed before EA aquired the studio.
lol
EA bought Bioware in the 2007
ME2 was released in the 2010

>Mass Effect 2 was better than first game