onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-tgaE37UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

multiplayer

Multiplayer.
Actual factions.

Mostly deceptive marketing practices, but those two he explicitly stated in interviews and didn't deliver came release.

Did literally nothing wrong

[citation needed]
You can visit the same world that others have been in and edited

>multiplayer

He gave incredibly vague answers about it, and pretty much implied the only multiplayer feature was the naming shit. Barely a lie unless you're a complete moron. Anything short of showing you multiplayer features in video should mean it's not in by default.

>"chemistry engine" to make green skies

Wow, so many of you playing

Everything.

Did he ever respond to the backlash? Does he have a mental illness? Is he a one hit wonder genius? He tricked a bunch of retarded normies into paying $60 for indie trash.

Kek no

That an early access tier exploration/crafting meme game is worth $59.99 + tax

He has stated before that you would be able to see other players
Shut the fuck up, uninformed retard.

Sup Sean. Nice backpedeling.

>hasn't said anything on social media sites since release
I almost feel a little bad for him, he clearly liked the game that he was releasing, if I was in his shoes I'd fucking kill myself out of shame

I think the definition of doing stuff ironically is finally getting through my thick head

Truly amazing!

really sweaty developer lying at INCREDIBLE speed

I sorta feel bad for him

He fucked up his first mainstream project and he can never work in the industry again without being known as "the guy who lied about no man's sky"

Their game play videos showed a lot more creatures on screen, no popping, smooth transitions, more resources all while saying that this is the game running in engine. Also the release was buggy as fuck.

They clearly cut a fuck to to mainstream it to console and for time. but i am not mad sony gave me a full refund

onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

I would have loved to be a fly on a wall at Hello Games five days after release. I imagine him crying his eyes out with Steam reviews on his monitor and all the other nu-males trying to console him.

You have to be in a triple-thick bubble to not see the problems with the game. How the resource grind/lifebar management shit got through with no one voicing a negative opinion about it speaks to the insane levels of insulation from criticism.

youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

bonus:
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-tgaE37UE

He went on a talk show and straight up said you could see other players.

>we changed the in-game periodic table to get green skies
>all creatures belong in a greater ecology where they have their habitats and shit

I can semi tolerate shit like multiplayer not being in game actually, but I can't get over how they implied that the game had a lot of underlying mechanics behind it's worldbuilding with comments like this.

>the only multiplayer feature was the naming shit

That's not a multiplayer feature.

>all creatures belong in a greater ecology where they have their habitats and shit
Did that limey faggot actually say this? All the monsters do is run around, attack you or glitch into the ground.

kek

>and edited
Wrong. Planets you visit show up in their original state untouched even if another player has been there.

HE DID IT TO HIMSELF
E

D
I
D

I
T

T
O

H
I
M
S
E
L
F

>Hi I work for Hello Games
>Hi I have buyer's remorse and am obligated to defend my shitty purchase

pick one

both!

I can't recall his exact wording but at some E3 presentation he implied that the creatures' relationships with the environment and each other had much more depth than what it eventually ended up being.

That's why people were fantasizing about being biologist and shit in the game. Shameful shit really.