Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that No Man's Sky was a pretty good game ?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that No Man's Sky was a pretty good game ?

It's okay. No worth $60, but not terrible. People are just mad that they didn't deliver on promises.

good one

>Not worth $60

That's the problem you know, if it was $10 no one would complain

This.

If it were in the 10-25$ range people would've complained maybe 1/3rd the amount they did and it would've gotten ignored more quickly. Hell, there might have even been a little fanbase for the repetitive but entertaining walking space simulator.

It's worth $40

if it also had not received 50 million dollars marketing money from sony generating shittons of undeserved HYPE and instead just appeared out of the blue on steam one day, people would have praised it as a nice niche indie space-explorer with novel athmosphere.

Literally just got my refund today ;^)
10hours played and over the 2 week limit.

Actually, I correct that statement. Nobody would have given a fuck, countless new games appear on steam every day. Big media can't pay attention to the small and potentially interesting things, they have to shill the newest AAA bullshit everyone has already bought anyway.

36% steam reviews. bahaha

The only thing missing is multiplayer and that can be added in later I bet

what about the ability to join factions? Wingmates?

No, its still a content lacking trash heap.

i haven't played it yet but from what i've seen and read i'd say there's a 60/40 between fault of the developer and fault of over hype. people hyped it so much they just started making up shit and when their made up shit wasn't true they got mad.

mods will fix this

it's a mediocre art project that got misrepresented as being a game.

procedurally generating levels that are actually fun is not a simple thing, and I don't think I've seen it done outside simple 2D stuff.

I really couldn't find a point to playing the game after a few hours.

Like what is my goal? I was flying around just collecting stuff, but where is the end goal? Why upgrade my items, why bother flying to other planets?

I just didn't see any real point to the game.

I played this game at a friend's. He told me it was shit. I thought he was the typical AAA faggot (he is) and his taste was biased.
>open game
>on planet
>move around, controls already lacking
>see dinosaur, try to mount it
>I go right through it and see the empty polygons inside
>Kill it, falls over me trespassing me like a ghost
>see big black mysterious pillar
>it's some mineral

Yeah it's shit.

its a pretty nice game for cuckolds

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to.
Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive. See you on the boards...

I blame Sony for hyping it on their E3 stage tbf.

The game should not have had so much coverage. It made them over promise big time.

Why all the hate for No Mans Sky?

>create indie game
>internet hypes the FUCK out of features you never even said were in the game
>GET THE PITCHFORKS

you fucking neckbeards ruined the career of a potential LEGENDARY developer. I hope you don't sleep at night.

>internet hypes the FUCK out of features you never even said were in the game

Post the whole thing, you fuck.

>internet hypes it the FUCK out
>devs decide to price it at $60
>some nigger on Sup Forums comes along and gets angry at the internet for hyping something

The problem isn't hype. It isn't content. It's PRICE. They set a AAA price on an indy pile of shit. End of discussion.

If they had said, "Hey sorry guys, this game didn't do everything we SAID it was going to do. YOU KNOW HOW WE SAID IT WOULD DO ALL THIS TO BUILD HYPE? YEAH THATS FAKE. 65% OF CONTENT WAS CUT. SO WE'RE DROPPING THE PRICE TO 20." They would be shitbags, but at least they tried. As it is, they deserve to never make another fucking game, and it's not the internet
s fault; it's THEM.