I work at a Game Store (no not Gamestop)

I work at a Game Store (no not Gamestop)

Ask me anything.

Do you work at FUCKING GAMESTOP?

Nope it's a chain called Gamexchange. It's Game Stops retarded brother.

Do you sell Pro Duo memory adapters?

Yes we sell the memory cards when we have them and I have only ever seen one adapter at my time there.

When do you work

I open tomorrow got off about an hour ago.

do you such dick?

If I was paid a fair price I would SUCK a dick, but no I can't say I have ever suched a cock.

How often do you get people trying to trade in games like WoW who have already used the game code?

Do you have Battletoads?

Our shop doesn't take PC games period so quite often I have to turn down some cool shit. I would say there have been at least 4 times I have had to turn down WoW and every fucking time it was annoying. "BUT WHY YOU BUY GAMES!" "Yes but it's useless to us because it has a registration code" "What's that?!" I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other.

>Game X Change

Oh shit, man.

I worked for one of those for a while. Easy as fuck job and the shit we got away with was absurd. Lots of good times, man.

If you worked at the one I worked at, then yes this specific location is still great. I am able to get away with a ridiculous amount of shit I pull but MAN THE FUCKING PEOPLE. Had to kick out my first tweaker yesterday.

The location I was at moved to a shit city, I went with them but it was obviously tanking and that location closed.

But yeah, we had constant after hours Street Fighter tourneys with beer, pizza, and just used the back room. Inventory nights were the same with someone rolling in with beer and 'za. Nobody seemed to give a single shit and it was great. I dunno how in depth I want to get about it but we really did just do whatever the fuck we wanted near the end when we realized it was closing. Pay was awful but it was easy. Customers suck but that's retail for ya.

>Had to kick out my first tweaker yesterday.

That's it? Fuck dude. I had

>guy rob store with gun and it wasn't uncommon to hear alarms going off at other businesses nearby that just got robbed
>ghetto shitty customers try to act hard and threaten you, try to fight you, get in your face if you gave them a bad trade-in or couldn't give a refund
>your car would be broken into if you didn't have it right in the front spots
>shoplifters supreme
>meth vampires, crackheads, tweakers trying to sell backpacks of new things or multiple unopened systems
>actually had multiple cases of people shitting themselves or soiling themselves in-store

Had one guy throw a music CD at my head when I politely told him we'd have to pass on it. He then blew up and ripped his shirt off and proceeded to walk outside and try to challenge me to fight him. I just sipped my coffee and kept waving at him, occasionally flipping him off.

After we moved the only tolerable customers were the mexicans, even if their english was broken. 100% of the time they were polite and just wanted some Fifa or King of Fighters.

Also, what's the worst trade-ins you've seen? I'd flip when there were bugs or other crawlies running around and immediately just deny the trade. The worst was when I'd pull games with smears and say "I hope this is mud or chocolate"

Yeah I had a dude shit on our fucking floor and I had to clean it. Was crazy, I get a lot of really suspicious shit in too, I mean that's pretty much our specialty, we take anything till cops get involved. My worst trade recently was a stack of dvds. I thought it was the customer who stank to high heaven but it turned out it was the DVD'S. Stank up our whole fucking store dude. Threw away the DVD's after I told Manager. Worst trade ever has to be when this dude brought in stacks of WII games covered in piss and dead bugs.

Tweaker?

Drug Addict.

Fuck

>stinky shit

The one thing I couldn't deal with at all once it got to a certain level. I thankfully had a coworker that had issues with his sense of smell so I'd pawn off stinky people on him.

I actually had to do that and excuse myself to our back break room once. I vividly remember almost vomiting while power walking to the back. The customer smelled like rotten food covered in human waste. I had to kick open our door once he left and febreze everything since other customers were obviously getting uncomfortable.

damn, why some people are crazy? Can I assume you are from the US? I always hear fucked up shit related to customers.

Yeah was not fun at all.
>Dude comes in sporting Nazi Tattoo's, with a friend who is more cognisant obviously going through some sort of withdrawls
>Wants to trade in two consoles
>"Ok yeah I can get you in a second man"
>Purposely take forever helping other Customer, because I hate supporting obvious Drug habits
>"HURRY UP MAN I N-need my Medicine"
>"I'm trying sir, I have to help these other folks who were here before you"
>He keeps babbling and making noises and crying out
>See we got kids in the store
>Fuck it
>"I'm going to have to ask you guys to go"
>Nazi's friend pips up "Why?!"
>"Because your friend is obviously a tweaker and he is scaring paying Customers"
>"THIS IS BULLSHIT"
>"Get out or I call the Cops"
>"Fuck you!"
>"BYE!"

>Stinky trade in's
We get that shit in all the god damn time, it's so fucking bad dude. I bug bomb our store with Febreze.

I am from U.S. and it sounds like user here is too.

I am a uni student with no worthwhile skills. I want to get a job to stop sitting on my ass all day.

How difficult is a job at a game store? How difficult is it to get hired? I have very good vidya knowledge, more than any normie would hope to achieve.

>Implying any game knowledge is going to assist you in any way shape or form
Only helps to point Customers in right direction of games they are looking for. Other then that Customers are either looking for New Shit, or Old Collectibles that we rarely have in. If you are looking to work at Gamestop
>Can you pester people till they preorder shit so you don't get fired?
If you want to work at a Gamexchange
>Can you handle supporting obvious drug habits
>Can you handle tons of Ghetto people

I mean it's retail either way but they both have their perks and they also have their pit falls.

My favorite perks
>We are corporate but for the most part our store doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything
>My coworkers are rad as fuck
>We can rent shit for as long as we want
>We can hoard shit in the back for ourselves

How early do the copies get sent to you? Like for example, the release date is today, would the company send you supplies a week before? A month before?

Because some people who are not reviewers nor leak downloaders get their shit waaay earlier than release date.

Yeah but how hard is it to be a job in a gamestop?

I'm not in burgerland so those two chains aren't really here.
I'd imagine the best sort of game stores to work at are the ones at malls since they're more monitored places. That's where I would like to land at least, but my common sense might be failing here.
I mentioned knowing about vidya cause I'm probably being naive by thinking that helps with the hiring since they can tell someone knows their shit, but thinking more I reckon they just hire any poor soul as long as it ain't a nig or a druggie.

Tell it to me straight, worth it to try to earn a quick buck or better to look for other options? I honestly don't know how stores here work internally so I wouldn't know if it's super loose politics like your case or stupid uptight.

Yep, southern USA. I have no idea either why they're so insane. People are crazy here I suppose but it gave me a lot of experience in different situations. As dumb as the job was I tried to be professional on the clock and management loved that.

>bomb store with febreze

Dude I nuked the store with that. I had a friend/coworker that would complain but I'd rather have a febreze store with hints of ass smell than a landfill-smelling store.

And yeah, on topic of kicking people out it's never fun, especially druggies or guys you don't know if you should watch out for while taking the garbage out next time.

>rude tweaker brings more stolen shit
>obviously making everyone in the store nervous and some people leave
>we're overstocked on everything he has to a high degree, mainly from him
>politely tell him we can't take it
>yells "WHY NOT?!" immediately and leans on counter
>just decide to sink my teeth in and make him never come back, but lean in like I'm saying a card is declined
>"Your account is flagged. I'm not too sure why and I'm sorry sir, but I can take it up with management if you'd like."
>"This is horse shit! You fuckin' say you'll take games" etc etc etc
>Just look at him right in the eyes, get an adrenaline boost and "I'll show you right now where it says your account is flagged. Afterward I will show you the fucking door or we can involve the authorities. Your choice. I'm getting paid for this, are you?"
>he's confused, storms out and I apologize to the customers inside for cursing and the commotion

A lot of people are always looking to get a job at a video game store. You have to stand out and somehow get in when there's an opening. Vidya knowledge doesn't mean shit if you're weird, not known and can't obviously talk to people. Being a semi-regular gets you recognized and being just a normal, chill person is a must. Trust me when I say it's not going to be easy since there's always an overflow of apps.

Who is the most autistic regular customer you have?

>Tell it to me straight, worth it to try to earn a quick buck or better to look for other options? I honestly don't know how stores here work internally so I wouldn't know if it's super loose politics like your case or stupid uptight.

Not him but it's a retail job so realize you'll be dealing with all kinds of people: crazies, weirdly nice decent people, etc. Just take that how you will. The bigger the chain the more strict they're gonna be. Go shop at the place or just browse before you apply. You want to have a good idea of the workplace and environment, right? See if they're being pushed to do sign-ups, preorders, etc.

GXC, or at least when I was there, was super loose about everything to a ridiculous degree but this was a while back. I worked shortly after for another game store and everything was monitored, pre-orders pushed, etc. It wasn't worth the money since I was treated like a dog and management never thought anything was good enough.

How many dicks has your girlfriend sucked?

I imagine these sorts of jobs are the thing of teenagers, the same way Mickey D's is, but "cooler" because dude videogames lmao.
Thing is I still don't know how they work internally, at least the chains we have here. I could probably go in with excuses of looking around - cause I don't even have money which is the problem in the first place - to scan the environment.
I'm a really spaghetti sort of dude when talking to strangers so in the end it could not be my thing anyway. I'm not like a major fucking sperg or anything, and I know how to behave socially, but I usually stutter a lot or flat out forget words, and talking to strangers make that x10. Uni presentations are one of my worst nightmares, and I always get sweaty as shit whenever I have to make one.

>Jobs for teenagers
>Hours 9-5 Monday - Friday

Will will the jobs for Teenagers meme end? Teenagers are only able to work a small percentage of a businesses''s working hours. Mcdonalds is fucking 24/7. They arn't getting at 15 year old to work a 10pm-6:30am shift. Or a 5:00am-1:30pm shift. If the job was for teens the store would never be fucking open.

>what are school breaks

He sucked 37 dicks

Ur right. Mcdonalds is only open for 2-3 months during the summer, and for 1-2 week periods during fall, spring, and summer. :^]

>it's a mcjob

Yeah, that's it. It's retail as I said. Not glamorous but not that hard if you can deal with it. It's a job though despite what you may think and dealing with people with different demands in different states of mind day in and out takes a certain type of crazy person or one well-versed in meditation or breathing techniques.

And I was an absolute spaghetti lord when I started but you'll bust out of that soon enough with some time in 'the pit'. I just worked hard so nobody gave a shit but once I broke out of my shell and started chatting people up I was met with "Yeah, you were quiet. Cool that you started talking to us. Want to go get a beer, man?"

Just be confident. You sound like a cool dude, don't sweat the small stuff.