XSEED and PC ports

PC ports:

>"We were probably one of the first publishers focusing on Japanese games to start publishing regularly on Steam, but now pretty much every single Japanese publisher is onboard, and it's fantastic for gamers because they are no longer limited by the console or country they're living in to be able to play the game they want," Berry said.

>Bandai Namco, NIS America, Spike Chunsoft, Aksys Games, Idea Factory, and other companies specializing in JRPGs and other traditionally console-bound offerings have been bringing more and more niche content to Western audiences on Steam. Berry said that most of the titles XSEED winds up publishing are being developed now with a PC release in mind, even if they aren't (yet) planned for simultaneous launches with their console counterparts.

>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2015/10/23/vanillaware-is-exploring-a-solution-to-bring-their-games-to-pc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Console retail risks:

>"It's hugely risky, and much less profitable than digital, which makes it very difficult to do physical - especially on older formats where the cost of goods to us can be really high, and the retail sales price is pretty low," Holmwood acknowledged. "That said, it seems that our fans, in particular, really do want physical copies - they're often into really into collecting the games and merchandise as well as playing the game - it's a key part of the hobby for them. So we've tried to do it prudently by keeping quantities low - shipping out just as many as we know will sell to our fanbase, then maybe placing more orders once they've sold through. It's a different approach from the high profile 'sell everything in one weekend' strategy you see with the huge titles, and we don't benefit from the high profile that a huge launch can get you. The great thing for us, though, is that we often keep selling titles much longer than a traditional publisher would - we're still placing orders for new stock of titles we launched several years ago."

>"Today's gamers are well-educated and know of the issues that small publishers like us face with getting shelf space when retailers want to only focus on AAA titles that have advertising budgets in the tens of millions of dollars, so they do a great job pre-ordering the titles they want to ensure that we build enough for them."

What a time to be a weeb and a PCfat!

Fcking traitors

Meanwhile at Atlus HQ: "What is a PC?"

I really cant hate x seed considering they give reversible covers and full colored hefty manuals in their games in this day and age

Shit yeah! I'm enjoying the SHIT outta EDF 4.1

Now let's see more Falcom. Falcom backlog, that is.

Funny enough one of the plotlines of DeSu2 involved a gaming PC, at least in the english translation

They screw over the U.S.

Shit company.

I'm never giving them my money after the SK: Estival Versus shit.

DELETE THIS

sweet, cant wait to play more shitty games just because they have anime tits

AT LEAST WE STILL HAVE PERSONA 5

And Vanillaware.

>I'm never giving them my money after the SK: Estival Versus shit.
What happened there. All the games i bought from them hasnt have any problem

nichegamer.com/2015/10/23/vanillaware-is-exploring-a-solution-to-bring-their-games-to-pc/

Soon.

Sony weebs get cucked again

>Gust
They could make millions if they released Atelier on Steam.

I think you overestimate the popularity of your weeb grinding game

It's a weeb grinding game with cute girls. He's probably right.

I'm happy, I honestly don't care anymore about having physical copies of anything, there really isn't a point to it. All I care about is being able to actually play a game, we don't live in an era where technology is a limiting factor to who and what can run a game.

Now if we could get rid of some of these huge delays in releases, like tales of berseria being 8+ months after it's JP release.