Was it really THAT bad?

Was it really THAT bad?

I think we're all just bored of this series at this point

It's pretty obvious that FromSoft are too and would rather be making more cool shit like Bloodborne

It's not that it's terrible, it's just stale. So far my playthrough feels like a giant grind that is exacerbated by shit poise and somehow-shittier camera.

I played all 3 with a trainer

No, it's pretty great. Almost makes up for DaS2.

It's not that bad, just a bit too much fanservice from FromSoft with Dark Souls 1 references. Bosses were ok for the most part, Nameless King primarily

Bloodborne was more interesting I think

no, I think people just found the formula stale at that point(because a soulsborne game was released 3 years in a row), so people found it kinda repetitive.

Personally I didn't play Bloodborne(No PS4) or finish DS2 (save was deleted 2/3 of the way through) when I played it so I still found it fucking amazing

>bloodborne
>better than Souls 3

hahaha no

More or less this.

It is though. Hopefully that will change with the DLC.

It wasn't very good. Has From nerfed straight swords yet? Before I quit they were outranging greatswords.

There are no bad Souls games, all of them are great fun.

100% objective empirical factual fact:

Modded full HD texture 1080p 60 fps Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition > Bloodborne: The Old Hunters > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin.

That said, I like all souls games and this ranking might change depending on:

1. Dark Souls 3 future 2 DLC packs.
2. Bloodborne Remastered for PS4 Pro or PS5 running at stable 60 fps.
3. Demon's Souls Remastered for PS4 Pro or PS5 running at stable 60 fps at 1080p.

>just a bit too much fanservice from FromSoft with Dark Souls 1

Yeah, I definitely agree. I hate the heavy-handed references that get put into sequels to popular games. I think it's also why I hate that hack J J Abrams's shit so much.

I would probably have been ok with just one campy Star Trek action movie not meant to be taken seriously, though.

>People didn't like it.

What?

No, SS are still top tier with insta-kill Twinswords combos, insta-kill spells, and nothing else.
Also, there is actually a very remote form of powestancing as it turns out.
>Equipping some Twinswords in your offhand gives you an altered moveset

People fucking loved it. It's just shitposting.

no it just wasn't as good as bloodborne. also franchise fatigue.

No, it's not that good. It's ok but it shows all the love went to BB instead of here.

Those last 2 will literally never happen.
Sadly.
I also disagree with your list overall, Scholar is better than 3 and Demon's.

My man!

Slightly better than DaS2, felt kinda boring

It's okay.

Not as good as 1 but it's better than 2

Not at all, the only issue is that there's only really one way through the game, not too much room for tackling zones in different orders (about the only major one is going to lothric castle early) which means that you can't really do shit like rush to specific weapons or tackle certain bosses that might be easier for your specific character to the same extent that you could in the other games.

>>Has From nerfed straight swords yet?
Ha ha no. Stunlock/poise still favors straight swords. Using a greatsword is pointlessly difficult by comparison. It feels like they've increased the windup on the GS and UGS, because even if I'm swinging first I'll still get hurt, so now I have to accept that I'm going to take some damage regardless if I have the advantage.

>Was it really THAT bad?
What's up with all these people making up some false history where DSIII was bad
It's a good game, though still second to DaS1,

DS3 was good. Could have used more forked pathways and spells that weren't horrible. Looking forward to the DLC.

I got nostalgic for DS2 after DS3.

DS2 had not only more content, but the lore was more interesting, as it was the NPCs and everything else.

I've only seen Sup Forums trying to bash DS2, and when this one came out, it shows how they just said "fuck it" and moved on to BB.

>Literally 0 good PvP zones
>Not Fight Clubs, cause there's three or four good spots for that
>Actual PvP invasions and defenses, Anor Londo is meh at best and all the areas are long or wide, not tall or winding excluding Irithyll, which is more of a straight path that just bends around itself with no two-way shortcuts
>Only Catacombs is passable, and even then, it feels fucking awful in comparison to 1 or 2

the lore was not even there for DS2

I like DaS2:SOTFS, but it lacks presentation, it honestly has some great addition to the Souls franchise, but the presentation of the entire experience is lacking, I believe it is because of the absence of Miyazaki.

Demon's Souls has terrible resolution, fps and overall graphics quality, a lot inferior to DaS2:SOFTS, the entire setup and presentation and introduction is far more immersive.

Some times I do want to put DaS2:SOFTS higher, but sometimes I don't, it is hard.

Garbage, almost as shit as DS1. DS2 is the only good one and the only one worth playing multiple times due to having proper NG+ content. PVP is also decent.

the reversal ring is fun

Not at all. It was a solid 9/10. The game was pretty good overall. Theres a saying that this game is much more like "Dark Souls: Greatest hits" instead of "Dark souls III" but personally, that works for me. I wanted a new game with the same dark souls feeling and it delivered just that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly then.
Also, hard mode time: Rate the 3 King's Fields with the Soulsbourne games.

Did they ever fix the PVP issues? Things like the area defender covenants, and auto summon covenants being broken on launch, you not being able to be invaded once you cleared an area, and the balance of power in invasions being skewed heavily in the host's favor?

If they fixed all that it would be great. If not I'll stick to SotFS for the time being.

PvP-oriented consolebros are the worst

Blue Covenants still broken if your account is too old, they used a system that mechanically doesn't work with Sony/MS/Steam systems properly and thus the blame is on those 3 and not them, so they don't care.
Cleared areas still block invasions.
Balance of power will always be in host's favor in DS3.

Yes, it was linear as fuck with stupid NPC quest lines & crappy levels and it made retarded changes like invalidating poise and adding attribute requirements to pyromancy which goes against the whole point of pyromancy originally and it completely ignored everything good that Dark Souls 2 accomplished and put in a bunch of stupid shit instead.

Weapon arts weren't even good and they were supposed to be cool but they weren't.

It was disappointing and it only reinforced that Dark Souls 2 was a good game, despite some flaws like soul memory, and the vast majority of people say it's bad because of meme hate.

I feel like the change-ups that happened from dark souls, dark souls 2, to bloodborne is what kept the series alive. Then once dark souls 3 came out, the combat felt too familiar to bloodborne. Rolls are so much more spammable in this game I almost never see shields being used.

I am sorry user, but I've never played them. I've became From Software enthusiast because of their Souls series, I've thought about trying out their older games, but haven't gotten to it yet. I will though, once I have some more time.

Worse than 2

The correct answer was 3>1>2 if you were wondering.
Which for America translates to 2>(never released)>1
I'd highly recommend them if you can handle old combat, which is wildly different from the Souls games.
It's also lore related to the Souls series.

>Worse than 2

True.

Wait, do normies seriously think that 2 is the best Souls game?

Do autists really think it isn't?

>Want to do a miracle paladin build
>Realize that the damage is way too awful, and miracles have too long a cast time to be useful in PvP
>Want to do a classic soul-sorcery build with the moonlight greatsword
>Realize that INT is only decent if you build yourself as a one-trick glass cannon

I hope they patch the balance when they put in the DLC. Quality and luck builds are boring.

Obviously, you fucktard.

It's got potential. I think the base game might be better than Bloodborne without the DLC, so we'll see how it is after both of the expansions are finished.

No. the majority of people loved this game- don't judge a game based on Sup Forums.

DaS2's DLCs > Das1 & DaS3

Dark Souls 1 is overrated by the Souls community as fuck. Dark Souls III was better than the first, but it felt more like DaS1.5 and had too much fan service, was the most linear removed all the good things that 2 brought into the franchise.

Yes and no. The bosses are great, the level design is pretty damn good and a whole lot more consistent than previous entries(not ariamis tier, but nothing as bad as post-vessel or DS2). The levels get a little cluttered with enemies later on, the game is very linear, and many neat weapons are found a little late into the game. But these aren't a huge deal. Even the gankfests aren't a huge problem.

If only estus was punishable, and the roll not quite as ridiculous, I could see myself easily playing the game 3-4 times as long as I did just for the PvP. But as it stands that aspect of the game simply isn't fun. I finished it, did some dueling and invading here and there and will come back for the DLC but I don't see myself putting in as many hours as I did in 1, or even 2 after I started using cheat engine for red eye orbs.

no, it's a straight upgrade from 1. got rid of a lot of bad players that relied on poisetanking. turtle-fags are next.

You are the cancer killing Souls games.

>>Cleared areas still block invasions.
When did this become a thing? I didn't know about this.

>got rid of entirely different builds because hurr i cant play against them
let me guess you're a katana memer

DaS2 DLC wasn't even better than the DaS1 main game let alone the DLC

nope. PC players who came along and decided that Greatshield + polearm or greatsword was a legitimate way to beat the game that took skill are. if you want slow, brainless combat, there's monster hunter.

good players manage their stamina, roll well, and could do the game naked if they wanted. poisetankers simply cannot. they beat the game with slowness and patience instead of skill.

>Wait, do normies seriously think that 2 is the best Souls game?

yes, trolls think 2 is the best game when it's the worst

I don't use shields because I like to use greatswords and the weight imbalance prohibits blocking. It's made the game a right bitch to deal with, though. I will agree that the combat feels like Bloodborne most because enemies move at BB's level of speed and responsiveness, which is kind of bullshit since YOU move entirely similar to that of the previous two games and so the timing of combat is all fucked. And DS2's terrible mob tactics are still a thing, too.

nigger the fuck you talking about you cant wear heavy armor and expect to dodge shit by rolling in the game especially in the first 2 where the iframes in rolling was basically null in heavy armor

It wasn't bad at all. Could have used a bit more content, though.

Did you even play ds2, sure ds1 lore was not really present. Ds2 introduced a ton of new lore and characters and was great game that got a lot of shit for not being dark souls 1 reskin

I think they did some really cool things with the plot. Namely aldrich eating gwyndolin and the secret betrayal with the fire keeper, along with the untended graves area and I really do think the area design is top notch. The game is objectively linear though, which is a weakness, and the overall plot doesn't carry the weight of the ending part of a trilogy. Also not much weapons or armor compared to ds2, and it feels less fun to play through with new weapons for some reason. I think maybe because it borrows a lot from bloodbornes 'mash r1' with every enemy staggering all the time.

what?
no
it was good.
though I have to say Dark Souls > Dark souls 3 > Dark souls 2

YEAH I DONT HAVE A PS TO PLAY DEMONS/BB FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT I HOPE YOUR FAMILY DIES IN A HORRIBLE WAY
jk

>Did you even play ds2

yes and it sucked compared to the first game due to:
lazy enemy placement
The lack of I-Frames when dodging
Lazy re-using of bosses (Dragon Slayer, the Ruin Sentinels being 3 of the same boss, ORNSTEIN FOR NO REASON)
Useless stats (like Adaptability)
Shitty level design

>ORNSTEIN FOR NO REASON
I see someone isn't a lore buff.
>Useless stats (like Adaptability)
>The lack of I-Frames when dodging
You mean you never upped Adaptability to give yourself a DS1-tier I-frame gap during rolls?

>No poise
>Moving, unpunishable healing (something bb had fixed amazingly)
>PvP automatic stunlock

Yeah, I'd say as far as polish and fun it goes BB>Ds>DS3>DS2

Yes, "SwampLand3: Bloodborne Asset Swap" was pretty mediocre.
couldn't figure out how to fit "Also, two of its levels are literal chalice dungeons" in the title, sorry

Good thing that DaS3 didn't live a sour taste in my mouth for too long, the NioH's alpha and beta demos. It'll also be really easy to avoid DaS3's DLC with NioH coming out around the same time.

I wish I'd hate it as much as DaS2, at least it would leave a single lasting memory.
I'm glad FromSoft is moving on.

wew lad, that's some sad tastes right there.

It removed too much, reused too much, and added too little for me to rate it above DS2.

It is the perfect game for one and done players who aren't interested in replay value or PVP.

Nioh fags that post in Souls threads hould be perma banned.

Fuck off, we don't care about Nioh, it is a shit tier uninspired copy of Dark Souls and literally copy pasted Gerald as the main protag.

The game has no proper lore, story or presentation or atmosphere or music. All it has is "better combat", which in reality is overloaded overpowered combo based cancer. There is no challenge to Nioh once you unlock your combos and can shit on everything in no time, including bosses.

It is funny that Souls anons never post in Nioh threads, yet Nioh fags constantly shitpost in Souls threads.

not even that guy but maybe if you rolled into new game plus where everyone was a god, master of all with stats in everything so high you could do literally anything if you pumped enough into adapt in one playthrough you gimped yourself in other far more important stats

No, it wasn't Dark Souls 2.

Rolling always felt like easymode in the earlier Souls games, now it's a damn joke with how easy it is to avoid everything with i-frames, and other styles of play that were more challenging are now almost impossible.

Blocking has been rendered useless. A single shield block from anything stronger than the weakest enemies anything takes off half your stamina and most enemies in DS3 throw out flurries of attacks. Said attacks coincidentally are timed just right for you to mash roll to evade all of them in sequence. Only reason to carry a shield is for parrying which has also been made stupidly more easy for most attacks.

Magic, miracles, Pyromancy, all useless too unless you specialize in them and nothing else. Dark Souls 3 is the most narrow, limited game in the series in every way, especially in viable builds.

Even the PvP shit has been crippled with a few stupid systems, namely the stunlock limit. You'll always be caught unable to escape from the first two attacks but then can freely roll out or parry after the second hit of most weapons.

Wew lad, seems like NioH is a trigger word for you.

Pretty sad to see people like you hating on a similar game just because it doesn't have the Souls name. I was mostly shitting on DaS3 by praising Bloodborne but I guess that whole deal went over your head once your eyes got red with that other game.

Now that there is Nioh I've lost all desire in playing DaS3, but even if it didn't exist DaS3 is pretty mediocre compared to other Souls anyway.

>I see someone isn't a lore buff.
I read the soul description. it's bullshit.

>You mean you never upped Adaptability to give yourself a DS1-tier I-frame gap during rolls?
game gave me no reason to. Agility does not mention it affecting your I Frames

Exactly this. I started a second play-through recently, tried out some new weapons, but the lack of poise and faster enemies really drain my enthusiasm.

If you play any "Souls" game or "souls inspired game" that isn't made by From Software, then you are a subhuman piece of shit. They will make inferior products, Nioh is inferior to Das3 and DaS2. Why would I play Nioh, when I can play Bloodborne.

Nioh devs are thieves and scammers, if we lived in a serious and just world, they would be executed for intellectual theft. Fuck Nioh and everyone who worked on that game and plays that game, hope they all die from cancer/disease/accident.

Lords of the Fallen wasn't that bad.

Liked it more than DaS2, even if LotF ran like ass on my PC but I gave it a second chance when it came out on PS+ this month

pfffffhaAHAHAHAHA

what the fuck?
Is this guy alright? Can anybody help me here?

Oh, you are not only a Nioh fag, but also think LotF is better than DaS2, you are either trolling or legit retad, don't care, would gladly bash your skull in irl. Die from cancer.

Different people. I never touched Nioh

and if I had to rank LotF it would be between DaS3 and DaS2 on this list

>last game in the series
>shortest game
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>awful scaling balance
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one LOCKED BEHIND THE FINAL BOSS
>awful covenants
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for quirky weapons. In the end less weapon variety than BB
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frames
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>b-but the DLC will save it!
lmfao

Am I the only one that wants a completely rebuilt Demon's Souls from the ground up with Bloodborne's engine and graphical quality/gameplay changes?

This. Obnoxious Nioh fags have been shilling their shitty souls-clone all over Sup Forums

>being this retarded

holy bait

I liked it better than 2. Then again, I really WANTED to like it better than 2.

Drink bleach ma mayn. Seriously.

How can someone write this and expect not to be treated like a retard?

>this game is not better than this other game because i say so

seriously man

No the only people who loved it were normies who've never played DS before and could enjoy it because of how dumbed down it was.

Everything posted is true though

It's the same thing as saying BB is better than DS3.

You shouldn't get triggered just because his opinion doesn't align with yours

Where did Havel touch you user?

Can we please stop talking about Nioh? It has nothing to do with Souls games.

Why? because I think DaS2 is shit?

>It is funny that Souls anons never post in Nioh threads, yet Nioh fags constantly shitpost in Souls threads.

So you've never opened a Nioh thread. I mean that's fine, just don't spew shit pike you have.

No memes, never played BB since im pc, can tell its better than DS3 though

Here's another (You)

Yea.... no. Post proof Nioh shill or be exposed for the deceitful scum you are.