Is remasters a truly bad thing? For people that played them in past gen sure they feel pointless...

Is remasters a truly bad thing? For people that played them in past gen sure they feel pointless, but for some people it gives the chance to play some good past gen games they missed like Dead Rising 2

Do you enjoy remasters or wish they never existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGVNJCKyJ-M
youtube.com/watch?v=L1YwYD1YUvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine if there were a software platform where your games continue to work rather than becoming incompatible when you need to upgrade your hardware

>but for some people it gives the chance to play some good past gen games they missed
Yeah, it's a shame that as a society we collect every copy of old games and destroy them.

Yeah, because you can't buy a mint condition ps3 with games for cheap, right? Unless the remaster actually improves the game, like EDF 4.1, or at least is the original release is 10+ years old, remasters are fucking cashgrabs

I just have God of War 3 on PS3, does it has something different of the remaster?

Nah, if you already have it dont bother since it just changes the resolution and adds a photo mode

For me one of the best remasters is Gravity Rush, the graphics are actually improved and doesnt feel out of place and being able to play with a dualshock makes thing more comfortable, EDF 4.1 is also a good remaster since it almost fixes the FPS problems and adds new content.

in the age of sequels, reboots, spin offs, and remakes. the industry definitely doesnt need remasters, it is in dire need of original ips

They are not. They are still good games.

However, when the PS4 has more remasters than standalone games, it's a problem, because you'd rather get a PS3 for those games.

But then again, the PS3 was shit, so at the end the PS4 got the best of the PS3 while being a new generation console.

So overall, I think remasters aren't bad.

Remasters can be great, the Resident Evil REmake is probably one of the best examples.

The CoD 4 remaster is looking pretty good as well. Most remasters are just hi res versions but some like REmake and CoD4 are good examples of remasters done right.

INB4 autists trying to fit posting le CoD is shit memes.

What will the CoD Remaster have new? I never played any of the Modern Warfare games

How is COD 4 not just a higher resolution rerelease?

They have redone almost everything. I don't think they have added any new sections but they have reworked the entire game, graphics, lighting, animations, sound and added effects.

It is not just a higher res version, they have actually remastered the game.

Looks good, but as someone that never played a CoD game, how long/good are the single campaign? Not interested in the online part since i will be playing on a PS4.

The CoD 4 campaign is pretty good but is pretty short ~8hrs.

Not inherently. It's just another thing #GAMERS love to bitch about. The truth is a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Pack or Red Dead Redemption remaster would be much appreciated right now.

Konami hurt me with Silent Hill "remasters"

Arkham remasters looks like shit

Remasters just mean half assed release "hey buy the same game again only now it looks and or sounds worse!

Why? PS3s still exist. 360s haven't all spontaneously disappeared. If anything, it's the #GAMERS that want remasters because they're the ones who would care about MUH GRAFIX

>Remasters just mean half assed release "hey buy the same game again only now it looks and or sounds worse!

youtube.com/watch?v=L1YwYD1YUvY

whoa 2 WHOLE game..... really makes me think

>really makes me think
Go post your shitty forced memes on reddit

those aren't remasters, they are effectively remakes. big difference. a "remaster" uses the original engine, remake does not

(you)

great arguments faggot

I didn't play any games in the ps3 time on any system therefore remastered games from that time are a good thing for me. I do understand that most people did not skip that time and therefore have no need for remasters.

I like when remasters include more than 1 game like Bioshock Collection, Uncharted Collection, Gears of Wars, Halo, etc. makes the purchase more worth since youre getting more than 1 game with improved graphics even if its only a bit, better frame rate and if they have online its an opportunity to revive it

I think they are fine. As you said, they give people the chance of playing games they missed in previous generations without having to buya fucking console like this retards sugest:

Good for people who didn't play the originals.
Pointless for those who did.

That's it.