Mei isn't used in high level competitive because she's shit!

>mei isn't used in high level competitive because she's shit!
MEI HATERS BTFO

People still play this shit?

She's the best at pushing payloads
>freeze genjis
>separate and trap healers and support
>keep opponents from getting back to objective
>freeze tanks
>split teams to pick them off one by one
>freeze yourself on top of objective or survive ultimates

>overwatch
>high level competition

>mei makes one good play in one situation on one map
>mei is viable guys i swear

You don't need her gay little bridge to all go at the same time.

>wow she made a bridge and then everyone crossed on that one stage that has a choke point
literally zero skilled is needed for this

This. I play OW when i'm super fucking bored because its atleast something to do. I can't imagine how people can pick this as their competitive game. Even COD is more thrilling to play because of potential individual skill.

Watching OW competitive for the most part is almost exactly like OW casual but with people not making big mistakes and save ults. Only a few characters in the game even have the potential to play past normal limitations. Otherwise its just a game of counters and using ults to make pushes/defenses.

>tfw playing Overwatch like fps Smash Bros but everyone else is OMG ESPORTSS MLG 420BLAZEIT

took me a while to realize this is not just pub play, christ

>CasualWatch
>competition

Fuck off to reddit, you delusional cunt

I hate Smash babies not Smash players mind you babies who spew shit about Melee being the best game and everything. But holy hell do i prefer those people to what OW made. There are people who legitimately believe high individual skill ceilings naturally mean you can't also have high team skill. In fact it means you need more team skill. Because if one person can beat your entire team it means you're shit and so is your team. So each individual can make a huge difference off skill alone.

In OW its all predetermined. Ults that server 1 use , skills that server one uses , gun play that lacks fluidity and half of showdowns with non Tracer/Genji characters are based off of dps races because of how crappy most characters mobility is.

that was kind of cool.

i would watch competitive overwatch if I could free-cam in-game

>Mountain Dew Cup

Dead game desu

How is them entering from on top of the Ice Wall any different from them entering on ground level in this situation? The only thing that did was counter the enemy Mei just sitting there waiting to put her own Ice Wall to block the way.

>haha it's a d-dead game b-because I said so!

defending mei walls off 3 people for easy picks. top path ensures attackers can enter with all 6

Yeah. The Mei countered the Mei. That's not a very compelling argument for Mei's strength in competitive play.

I thought I was the only one who saw it this way. Overwatch is literally FPS Smash Bros.

They bypassed the Reinhardt blocking their path

mei is a niche pick on hanamura because the map's shit design means there's literally one point to go through for 90% of the cast, which the wall covers

doesn't mean she's good or frequently picked anywhere else

I see where you're coming from but I disagree. Overwatch is too team- and objective-heavy to be the Smash Bros of shooters. It's also not nearly as chaotic most of the time.

>trap healers

Literally any group can take Hanamura point A with zero effort.
What is she going to do point B?

say it with me lads

>Competitive Overwatch

I love Overwatch, thing is, I don't even think of it as an fps, but more like an first person WoW dungeon that doesn't force your healers and tanks to do nobrain jobs. If I thought of it as an actual FPS i might be underwhelmed by the lack of game variety, but as just a guy who likes group based dynamics and teamwork based combat it's pretty great

Mei can't separate them as they push in if they all run across the wall. The only real way to counter Mei's chokepoint domination is to have your own Mei use her walls well.

So? It's not like you can't walk through it.

You can play anything competitive man, all you need is a level playing field.

Didn't you see the defending Mei waiting to wall off whoever went in first?

>competitive overwatch

completely seal off one doorway and cause rushing tank champs to respect the capture zone or risk getting frozen fucked

If Defense picking Mei necessitates Offense picking Mei, that means Mei has a strong value in competitive play.

>the only way to counter X hero on Y type of map is to also play X hero

that's like when Widow was picked all the time and the only counter to a good Widow in competitive games was to have a better one. Needless to say, this proved that Widow was completely broken. Mei isn't as universally strong as her, but she dominates certain maps, especially Assault types.

They can just wait for it to disappear.

Im sorry but whoever went first would instantly die and even then 2 hits of rein's hammer can fuck up anyone with 200hp which is most characters other than tanks and reaper