"the art style is based on anime"

"the art style is based on anime"

I don't think Aonuma Eiji has ever seen an anime before.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=breath of the wild androgynous
zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-created-link-in-breath-of-the-wild-to-look-like-hes-gender-neutral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good, anime is the only form of medium entertainment that the jews don't touch
Praise Japan

I don't think you have.

That's not a good example of anything and you know it.

Good example to make you mad.

10/10 have a (you)

Savage

>Link has been turned into a twink, limp-wristed, androgynous fruity faggot
He clearly has.

I think the artstyle is based on the wii u's power
;^)

He literally always was.

I don't think OP has seen an anime before.

Those facial features are extremely anime.

Then why did anime need Angel Cop to red pill the industry then?

Dumb shitposter. Aonuma cited the inspiration for the artstyle as the gouache painting used in traditional japanese animation.

In other words, Ghibli.

Nintendo is like someones dad trying to be cool. "Uh, the kids like the animes right? Say it's like the animes".

All I ever do is watch anime, I think I know what it looks like. Maybe it's based on dudebro shit anime like cowboy bebop.

>people don't know aonuma is referring to anime from when he was kid

it had a good aesthetic, but the 15 fps cgi really brought it down.
>tfw BLAME! movie is going to have the same shitty framerate

>Cowboy Bebop
>Bad
How does it feel to be this delusional?

it's based on Mononoke Hime, not your seasonal moeshit. We've been saying this since the first trailer.

Nobody cares about the old ass anime he grew up with. If he says anime-inspired Zelda, then I expect shota Link.

>from when he was a kid
>no moomin as inspiration
i feel attacked

Nice. I'm kind of sick of modern animation styles since the similarities in a lot of them are glaring.

The design is actually appealing to the eye so it can't possibly be based on anime

nobody cares what you expect, user

You're just gay.

/thread

he literally said he was inspired by Ghibli's artstyle

So why respond to the post when you could instead continue to not care and ignore it?

this

you know, i've wondered...
i've heard that it's actually poster paint which is used, not gouache. i've also heard that japan has a standard brand of much higher quality poster paint than most places.
and i also heard that poster paint is basically cheaper, worse gouache, not fit for professional use.
but putting all that information together, could that just mean that it IS gouache that the japanese *call* poster paint...? or just that east asia is the only place with *real* poster paint (stuff that isn't shit)
what a mystery

to make you feel a little bit better about your garbage post and not to feel so lonely in the ocean of anonimity

mononoke him ? don't tell me they butchered my favorite anime movie with a shitty gender appropriate sequel

Whatever it is they used, it's always been incredibly beautiful.

Anime cel shaded.

Even the best anime doesn't look very good.

I think he was just noting that it was cell shaded like anime

What the fuck are you talking about

>literally this withouth the chibi and with updated graphics

"hime" = princess, dudebrofag.

quality bants

It's in the same timeline. Those koraks things showed up.

Game looks like the Nes Zelda but in the windwaker timeline.

Oh, so you're a faggot who spends his day watching moeblob schoolgirl anime then.

When someone says they take inspiration from anime, they usually don't mean those, user. They mean anime that is actually good and influential.

Did they just loop everything!? I need to lie down a bit...

Wind Waker's artstyle borrows heavily from the 1960s Toei animated movies Aonuma watched when he was a kid. Zelda has a history of anime inspiration.

Fuck off Dobson.

>tfw you will never see a full length BLAME! series with the same art style and animation as the promo shorts

It hurts to live.

Have you actually watched anime at all?

This game will be so fucking amazing.

Wish it would just come out and fuck my ass good.

being inspired by and directly getting a guy from toei for consultation are not the same thing, user

>mfw Zelda has been anime all along and you hate Fire Emblem for becoming more anime

Goddamn, kiddo, end yourself. Anime didn't start in the 00s, it went to shit in the 00s. It used to be great back in the day.

Considering Link is supposed to look more masculine it would've been better to use TP Link.

When did he ever say consulted with Toei? It's inspired by it is all that was ever said.

Maybe you should brush up on your literacy skills

Oh yeah.

or maybe you should get your sources straight

Anime as fuck with tiny arms

>It's not anime because I say so

Well I totally fucked that sentence up.

lmfao get that fukken shit out of here

I went to highschool with that guy so it's weird seeing him posted by people.

Remember when the game was revealed and everybody thought it was a girl Link?
There's no denying it, if a male character can be confused with a girl.
Link is Bridgett tier now.

Those people wanted to see a female Link

They deluded themselves and this Link didn't look like one at all

What sources? What are you even talking about at this point?

Nothing of what you're saying has any bearing on what other people are saying

And when did I ever say that?

Zelda has always been anime inspired, this isn't anything new to the series.

I just hope NX version has 60fps, 1080p or at least less pop up. Game artstyle is fucking beautiful as it is tough; except Link's eyes, they bother me for some reason, they look so dead.
Even the amiibo looks more lively.

>videogames are serious business

Where the fuck are you coming from, you pathetic retard? Get the fuck over yourself.

How can we bring back the 80s?

>351514908
cool bants, bro. here's your (you)

No he's right, they consulted with a retired Toei animator that worked on their films from the '60s.
I don't see how that contradicts the claim of inspiration though. It was clearly, heavily, and directly inspired.

Well this Link is supposed to be androgynous and the fact that people thought we were getting a female Link means that it worked. So success?

Only Westernfags mistook him for a girl, because they cannot comprehend the fact that there's male characters that don't have big muscles and a beard.

I actually have no idea, I've heard it referred to as cel paint before, but I dunno if they just called it that because they used it to paint animation cels.

at no point did they say this about BotW. They said it was based around a specific art style used in paintings.

Why?

>this Link is supposed to be androgynous
I don't know where you got this info, but what's clear
is that you're also seeing things that aren't there.

Like with Roswell

Moe is way better than that gritty shit.

Nice try but you still need to work on your literacy skills. Nothing that you said changes the fact that it's inspired by Toei films.

Maybe don't be so fucking retarded next time

please get off of Sup Forums, Digibro. No one likes you

>351515414
and another (you) for (you)

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=breath of the wild androgynous

You're welcome.

was he as insane as he seems like he is?

zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-created-link-in-breath-of-the-wild-to-look-like-hes-gender-neutral

You're welcome.

>first link from TIME

Thanks bro, I'm enjoying your delicious butthurt. You can keep acting like a baby about this

Honestly the more you do this the better it gets

Loz oot has Anime in game.

Not quite

>he's a male
gg no re

>351515721
>being that delusional

He was a class clown and pretty funny so yes. He made fun of me because of my clothes and hairline but I never really had a issue with him.

Then why weren't previous iterations of Link confused for a girl also?
This link looks androgynous as hell, he has no masculine features on him, for someone to think he was a girl is completely understandable.

Easy. We stop cherry picking.