So what name do you use in fantasy games Sup Forums? And how did you get it?

So what name do you use in fantasy games Sup Forums? And how did you get it?

I got curious after spending 12 hours deciding on a name for my latest DaS1 character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/73TpqZPPMAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

'Arricon' or variations thereof. It was the name of the first D&D character I made. I was obsessed with Conan at the time and it sounded pretty Conan-ish. So yeah, I stuck with it.

I usually just use behindthename.com and pick something that fits the setting and sounds nice.

Suil Blanorath

first name is my name kind of spelled backwards and I came up with last name when I was crazy about Lord of the Rings, I tried to create my own language, so it's one of the words I invented... Altough I don't quite remember what it means I still use it because I like how it sounds

I use Kelp because it's a cheap and satisfactory imitation of elemental/object names I've always liked in RPGS, ala Cloud or Kite.

Leon, as Leon Belmont.

I like to use biblical names.
Abel or Cain usually.

I use the meme of the week

Something self deprecating for damage control.

Variations on "John Marston" because RDR made me want to play as JM all the time. Usually with a different language. Juan Marstone, Johannes Marstonn, Jonny Marson etc.

Eh, I generally use a formula of (INSERT TITLE) (INSERT NAME).

Like Wanderer Faglord or something. You get the deal.

Lately I've been using the name Kaladin a lot, a name from a book series. I've also used Peter Flint, Alkestes, Acaelus and Kagora lots.

fuck! I do the same

I remember having a blast playing as "Luigi Lione" in the Godfather game

My last characters name was Grumbo Shallot the III (DaSIII)

DaS
TANK
SLAVSQUART
PainbowDash
WanderDonkey
CrotchBoobGen

DaSII
Slaartibartfast

Bloodborne
FOOTBALL, Godfat(her of Souls)

Jian Ma-Ston on skyrim. Genius.

I often use names from Fire Emblem characters or items.

My two DaS1 characters are names Gravdivus and Hauteclere.

Used to be Hunter or Dante because i loved DMC so much some years ago.

Afterwards, i don't exactly remember, then Solidus because i liked him somewhat.

Nowadays i use Altwar on everything, after half-mishearing Rhapsody's lyrics, and it seems to fit in everything. I think i'll keep it for a while.

DiggerNick

Teliot.
It's toilet backwards.

Choose one of these from chart + any name

>Alfred the Strider
>Magnus the Technomancer
>Xystus the Acolyte
>Dragon Knight Dionysius

pls don't roll

Rath
I like rats
Also Rath from FE 7 was cool

I made my character an imperial
"Ludovicus Leo"

hmm I could have gone with "Ludvig Sea-Lion" if I would have played as a nordic character

>spending 12 hours deciding on a name for my latest DaS1 character

They can't even see your character name in DS1

You wasted 12 hours for nothing

I use my name or shorten it for self inserting

I name them like my waifus for female characters

Dickbutt.

Makes me laugh I dunno.

I follow this simple chart:

1. Default name.
if there is no default name...
2. Lore appropriate name for character
if there's no established naming convention...
3. Combine a fantasy location and real world name into one
Markarth + Victor = Vicarth
Khazad-dûm + Richard = Rhazard
Harrenhal + Donovan = Darroval
etc. etc.

They're not all winners, but you'll find something you end up liking sooner rather than later.

That's only if the game doesn't have a retarded character limit or censor

Looking at you, DaS2 and 3

I'd like to know which names you used for TES games

Vaughn Conlech if I'm self-inserting
no significance behind it I just like the sound of it

Xilxen. I'm just a faggot who likes Xs

Rolling for: Valenz

FUCK THIS

>look around the room
>see shit
>use that word
>if it doesnt work use it in an other tongue, germen, french, spanish, greek, finish

Stelios Kontos.

When I make a serious roleplaying name I usually use Diego Velázquez, after the great Spanish painter. I like Spanish and French names.

When I just need a simple username I just use Pepesilvia; a reference from Always Sunny in Philly.
I enjoy using the name because fan boys always compliment on the name.

First I look at what the game wants me to create. I'll go through presets and options to see what is and isn't well done. A face and body should be full and expression, you'll know it when you see it. You can't just force the features that you want.

Once you find the game's style you're usually only left with 1-3 real options that'll just radiate personality and character; that makes finding a name that looks and sounds right easy. Moreover you also take into account the games lore and gameplay flavors, which narrows it down even more.

I don't try to use the same name in fantasy games. I want them to speak for themselves. In online games without an RP like mindset it's kinda the same, as you would allow that game's online 'culture' to influence your choice. A name is like a voice, you just gotta find the one that allows you to speak clearly to yourself and others what you and your character want to say/express.

A name is just a name on it's own, but together you become an idea and that can be powerful. Like some names are already too powerful and you'd feel foolish to use them, their ideas are too strong for you to have any presence.

google, behind the name, wiki, game databases/wiki, lore, read names until you see patterns and follow those up, etc.

Or just name it an archetype that you have in your head like Sylvanas for cold/corrupt/tragic elven huntresses, Conan for barbarian types with black hair and eyes like blue burning coals, Alice for chicks like look like her from the resident evil movies, just start fantasizing and applying personalities of characters that you know well and enjoy.

More or less that's what I think. I don't want to say the name that kinda stuck with me since I got kinda famous at one point and wouldn't want to tarnish my name's idea. It's silly but, it's how I feel... My name's idea surpassed who I am in the minds of others, so I stay silent around those who are inspired by it, because it's my goal too.

Zaros as a magic user. Octavius for a melee character.

My name because I like to self insert

Octavius sounds vampire-ish for me

Sometimes I like to blend multiple normal names to make something retarded like "Leonardio Smithregas Bobsen".
My Dark Souls I character that, thanks to some glitches, had a rather emotional journey was merely named "Bob".
Sometimes I roleplay as a retardedly brazen adventurer named "Scooberto Lafo(!)" who no one is sure of in terms of ethnicity. It's either French or Spanish, but no one truly knows.

Heh I often do the same.

Ruthers if a male, after my favorite pompanour wielding necrobarian from a dnd campaign.

Anya if female after another dnd campaign where the dm let me play a marilith.

So yeah, mostly dnd characters that I've already characterized

Theon. I got it from Theon Greyjoy in my favorite show, Game of Thrones.

I typically use names from other games that I like. For Dark Souls I always use names of characters from prev dark souls games. I usually end up with a female strength build named Tarkette at some point.

and if I ever decide to use a last name for my character, I use the name Wright. So it would be Theon Wright

Sargon. Not because of the fat guy, but because my dad was going to name me that.

Google names and words with meanings related to the build/character idea and build something from there, sometimes I use gods or other mythologiocal and/or historic names. I do the same with Pokemon. It always takes me ten years to pick one, but I don't like doing it any other way.

Always lore-appropriate if I'm serious. If I'm making meme characters for things like Dark Souls then it's always some variation of Assfucker, Fagmunch, Dicklick, etc.

Not that guy but for TES games you can look through the list of known NPC names for each race on the UESP wiki and mix-n-match to get something good.

I name most of my characters and usernames after wipeout 2 racing tracks.
"Spilskinanke"
"Vostok"
"Phenitia"
"Sagarmatha"
"Odessa"
"Valparaiso"
Also good ones from 1 and 3 as well.
"Karbonis"
"Korodera"
"Arridos"
A lot of these words are taken from different sources from real life, but its just what i use as a database for names. F-zero and Xtreme G also have some decent track names that I use occasionally.

Randumb shit, usually MST3K inspired
>Bonedirt Meatfist (Persona 3)
>Crag Slamfist (Dark Souls)
>Sir Fistpunch (FFXIV)
Lots of fists I guess. Other than that names that sound funny to me for five seconds. Here are some more Dark Souls names.
>Kujo
>Hot Pocket
>Half Chub
>AsunaGlop
>GrandmaTarkin
all girls btw

Guru, always.

either Git Gud or Get Rekt Scrub

I use my real name, since it's European and fantasy-enough.

I point down whenever I kill people with this name or some variation on the word "meme"

I use Dahk, the name comes from a book i read on kindle that was pretty good, no one else read it though

STELIOS! STELIOS KANTOOOOOS

> What's that? Invaded b-
> youtu.be/73TpqZPPMAA

I'll most likely use star names.
Seginus, Fomalhaut, Alcor, etc.