Where are my fellow Warlocks?

Ready for Rise of Iron?

>warlock
>gun

Destiny is gay.

No u

I've never played Destiny, but it looks interesting.

What would be a good price to pay for it? I'm pretty thrifty.

Also wtf is a Warlock?

I am
what console?

pshh child get outter of her please you're stinking up the thread with you fumes

A Warlock is the Mage class in Destiny.

But seriously you should play it's great.

>ready to be cucked again after TTK

Bungie got my money last year, and the product was shit even though it was 140 worth of content just for 60. Not spending another 30.

PS4

An Eldar Seer who walked the path of the warrior.

>I've never played Destiny, but it looks interesting.
It's fun but you need to be able to stand grindfests

>What would be a good price to pay for it? I'm pretty thrifty.
Well with Rise of Iron coming next week you can get everything for $60 this includes the base game the first two DLC's and the Forat major Expansion and realistically you need everything to have fun because after every DLC all of the old content becomes useless aside from doing them for fun
>Also wtf is a Warlock?
A space wizard who can either shoot off bombs of void energy, super charging him; become a Phoenix, and enhancing all of his abilities; or become empor Sheev Palpatine and shoot off a storm of lightning.

just replayed destiny and the dlc on a new warlock(have all 3 classes)

Im enjoying WL alot

i main a hunter

Damn that sounds bad ass. What kinda spells do you get to cast?

Also, about how much play time do you have in game? Do you think it'd be wor th $15?

I miss the head flames

Damn, I'm from /dg/ and an xboner. Lately the xboner community has been more lively than the PS4 community there though

see

i'm ready and waiting
classes should make the time till launch/prelaunch event fly by too

It depends on which subclass you choose; examples include spirit bombs, force lightning, and even resurrection after death.

Same. :(

>It's fun but you need to be able to stand grindfests

What is the grinding like? Do you do something akin to an instance and shoot a bunch of shit and then do another instance?

It seems similar to Warframe, but maybe a bit more linear. How similar are they if you've played Warframe?

Also thanks anons for spoon-feeding my curiosity

Is Destiny fun to play solo?

Hell yeah! Space wizards are best wizards.

the grinding used to be really bad but after TTK the loot system is much better

be ready to replay strikes(which are more fun now that they added different variations for some of them)

will Xur ever sell TLW again ?

the grind is nowhere near as bad as warframe
it's just like any regular MMO
you run dungeons/raids over and over till you get the gear you want

yes but it is more fun with other people

no, and it's pretty much impossible
this game is made for cooperation

why wouldn't he?

The most endgame grinding you had to do is the Prison of Elders "firefight" mode where you have to fight waves of enemies and bosses for loot tailored to your current gear level. New endgame activities will be revealed after the DLC is released (in a week).

He sold it like a week ago.

wait really ? i quit the game like a year ago but still want that gun.

Thanks, anons!

I'll probably try to get it when I can find a good price and the Warlock sounds right up my alley.

Good luck with your thread

He sold it like last week, were you too retarded to buy it?

Yep, you missed out. Don't worry -it will return soon enough.

day 1 warlock here, some of the armor they have is just the best. rip titan skating ;-;

>I got TLW from my first Prison of elders chest
house of wolves fixed the loot TTK made it better :^)

>rip titan skating ;-;
What? I was only gone for 4 days, did they fuck up Titan skating?

It will be missed.

the last patch altered increased control so it gives more upward lift, which makes it a bit harder to skate.
feels bad man. Titan skating made playing titan so much more fun.

they put a longer cooldown on shoulder charge so now all of the babbys that ABSOLUTELY needed and relied on shoulder charge to skate can't skate anymore

if you actually know how to skate, and are good at it, then skating is just fine and still works

I miss seeing all my defense it made me feel like my character was stronger

The new update increased vertical Titan jump higher while screwing over horizontal movement.

>cooldown on shoulder charge

sheeet
those reddit warcucks finally done it

I used to play this with my cousin. The only fun parts are the raids, and the only truly good raid was the vault when the game first came out. Crota sucked ass except for the first part, and oryx just felt like a chore. I stopped playing shortly after the oryx dlc because I realized they werent ever going to stop making the gear you earned irrelevant once the new dlc drops and all the grinding is for nothing. Plus none of the exotics since the base game really felt exotic, and were so bad they had to nerf all the old ones to force people to use the new ones.

The pvp was alright but the community whines their asses off so they nerfed everything, the last time I played the only thing everyone did was hang back sniping people down choke points because everything else was nerfed to the ground.

My cousin still plays it religiously and every time I see him he begs me to play with him again and carry him to flawless in trials like the old days. I dont know how this shit isnt boring to him yet.

Titan master race reporting in

YOU SHOULDER-CHARGING LUNKS DID IT TO YOURSELVES.

It's the same reason why people continue to play MMOs of any kind. Some enjoy the grind for the grind's sake.

>gear
>becoming irrelevant
only VoG shit hasn't been made infusable for whatever reason.
Everything else you can infuse up.

>tfw no trials carry

Acquiring more powerful and better-looking gear is addictive.

Year one stuff and House of Wolves gear is stuck at ~160 level, so it's all useless. Everything else, yeah, you can infuse.

>another expansion
>more hunter suffering unless you play cheap ass PvP build like blink shotgun

I might as well make a warlock and be gay with the rest of them

some people are also retarded

I'm almost entirely sure that Bungie is making VoG gear infusable soon, but I may be mistaken.

Join us.

>hunter
>suffering
Hunters literally have every tool in the game

Maybe some months before Destiny 2, upgraded VoG weapons would break the meta hard

Hunters have had it too good for too long.

>not liking things that I like
Retard!

I'm thinking when we run out of shit to do they'll bring the old raids up to the higher light

The can also reload during jumping

Can't deny that this shit looks sick, though.

This. Don't fall for rise of iron. They have fucked me over on overpriced garbage content for the last time.

fun game, played ttk. but i sold my ps4 to build a PC lul

And two of their subclasses have instant invincibility buttons.

>I've never played Destiny, but it looks interesting.
It isnt, got bored of playing after an hour.

You must have the attention span of a goldfish.

Being Hunter is suffering.

Can't jump, even though it's a scout/support class. Golden gun plus Celestial Nighthawk does make us good Midboss killers tho.

And we do have cool ass armor.

Did they add any weapons that feel like the vex mythoclast?

Nope, everyone wants it back. I think they teased it for RoI.

feels bad man

fusion rifles are my favourite

Queenbreaker's Bow is cool.

>365

>Tfw I loved to play blade master in pve content because I could invisible revive
>Bungie needs invisibility and still doesn't fix the issue that arcblade is useless outside of pvp
Feels bad man.

>i think they teased it
no they didn't.

they buffed its damage in PvE by 50% and made encore do increasing amounts of damage when you get a kill.

Nerfs*

all these people are full of shit. all you cast are grenades that glow.

So can I run up to an enemy on nightfall or a high level dungeon, smack them, and not get two shot by their melee?

I'm looking for opinions from people who play Destiny. I enjoyed Vanilla Destiny, I loved TTK, but I haven't played it in a while. I know next to nothing about Rise of Iron. I feel like Taken King marketing was all over the place. They got out there, made it known all the changes that they were making and how they were improving upon destiny. I haven't seen anything like that for RoI.

Can somebody give me a TLDR of what's there to be excited about? Is the Destiny Community generally hyped for the expansion?

did i say they buffed your health or buffed your damage?

ha, this

fuck off destiny, the no mans sky of video games.

absolutely not.
it is also not fun to play in a group.

So it's still useless then.

I'm pretty sure No Mans Sky is the No Mans Sky of video games

New social area, new abilities armor weapons. New content. So basic xpac stuff. Seems like TTK had a bit more to offer (best story quests so far) but it ultimately ended up being suffering

Hey, I use that as my profile pic

they're keeping the infusion changes they made in the april update (infusion is now 1:1, it no longer works on a percentage scale), y2 weapons and gear will carry over into y3 so you don't have to start completely fresh. they're adding more visual customization in the form of weapon and armor skins. they're adding private matches, a new PvP game mode, a new raid, 4 new MP maps (3 if you're on xbox), new exotics and weapons and armor like always.

most people are excited because its the only real amount of content the game has gotten since Taken King.

Go to the subreddit. People are fucking ecstatic.

>not playing defender Titan master race
get in my bubble and see what happens lil bitch

You get blink shotted like a bitch is what happens.

-new artifacts that act like exotics but arent exotics, 8 of them
-new raid
-new area on earth
-new enemy type(s)
-new exotic weapons
-more lore to discover
-new crucible maps
-new armor sets
-light level cap up from 335 to 385 (i think?(
that's all we know so far

new light cap is 385 to start, will be 400 when hard mode raid drops sometime later.

You must have a shitty group.

>walk into bubble
>fire shotgun
>walk into bubble
>hit with sword
defender titans are fuckboys unless there's three of them, or unless they're doing PvE content

I didn't pay a single cent on the game so far. I guess I'm lucky to have a brother who REALLY wanted an actual Strange Coin. I'm going to get Rise of Iron, but I don't think I'll pre-order Destiny 2 whenever that comes out. Not until it's 100% confirmed that the game will have an actual campaign and story, and even then probably not. Bungie took the time to create an interesting world and lore but never bothered to show it in game.

>but never bothered to show it in game.
That's because Activision fucking sucks ass

>never bothered to show it in game

We get ever so brief glimpses. Putting most of your lore on your website/companion app is truly the worst decision they ever made.

>walk into bubble
>fire shotgun
>nothing happens
>defender teleports behind you
>slits throat
>nothingpersonalkid.jpg

95% of the lore is inconsequential historical shit that has very little bearing on anything other than world building.

its no different than flavor text in other games except here i don't have to read a trillion emails about the fallen or a strike.

Yeah I guess the thrill of the hunt will always entice some people.

But when this dlc drops they will probably have some bullshit new mechanic and wont let you bring old gear up to date until they change it in a patch. VoG shit probably isnt infusable because bungie blew their load early on that raid and it had the best raid gear hands down.

Its not that hard to go flawless, its all about team communication and knowing when to use ults.
Speaking of ults does warlocks sheev shock transcendence ability still last forever and a day? I could kill people and go across the entire map to their spawn and kill them again before it ran out. I loved it.

Too bad all the best gear came with the base game, they didnt even bring gally back because they knew everyone would just use that and not touch the new shit.

This guy is right, I love warlock but the only thing that makes the class feel magey are the ults, other than that it has flashy grenades and a slap melee.