What are some of the worst redesigns in vidya?

What are some of the worst redesigns in vidya?
All I can think of is Spyro

how many years have passed in the anime so far? is ash aging in reverse or what

He got beat so badly in Kalos that he broke, got drugged up, and moved to an island to go back to school.

BROKEN MAN

Just end his fucking life already.

What the fuck is happening to the Pokemon anime?

As someone who watched the first episode air on television over 15 years ago, this shit is just surreal to watch from the sidelines. Ash lost and is now becoming some kind of deadbeat who's given up on becoming a Pokemon master? What the fuck is going on?

This is some greek tragedy shit.

How is this any fucking different than every other season?

He's in a new region
He's got a new starter
New pokedex
In the screenshots he's battling
Team rocket is there
He even has a damn Z-ring

Do you really think its going to be about him in a classroom all day? Christ dude.

Reeeeeeeeeee

What are the lightning bolt thingies on his cheeks supposed to be?

>not even a redesign
>just a goofy anime character making a goofy anime face

Why is Sup Forums so retarded.

apparently its a reboot and now hes at school
i shit you not

>Replaceing Pikachu with Rotom
Holy shit

He always loses though. He has not once won a League in one of the mainstream game regions (He won in the Orange League but that doesn't really count).

This is actually the furthest he's ever gone. In most seasons he loses in the Quarterfinals or Semifinals or so. Kalos League he made it all the way to the Final Match, and then lost.

And also keep in mind that from what we know about Sun/Moon so far, they don't HAVE gyms and tournaments. They have Trials. The Trials and shit are probably going to be part of Ash's "School".

He's a double wizard

If you looked for the full image, Pikachu is in there, at his feet, doing the same stupid pose Ash is. Rotom is his Pokedex.

How the fuck does he not age?

>We want the Youkai Watch audience

Didn't he almost win one time, but his opponent had nothing but Legendaries and beat him?
Ash should have fucking been catching all those legendary pokemon he meets not befriending them and letting them go.

He lost so bad that hes going back to school. Its a metaphor for pokemon pro gamers.

To be specific, here's his record so far in the End of Gen Tournaments:
Kanto/Gen1 - Top 16 (lost in whatever you call the round before the Quarterfinals)
Johto/Gen2 - Top 8 (lost in the Quarterfinals)
Hoenn/Gen3 - Top 8 (lost in the Quarterfinals)
Sinnoh/Gen4 - Top 4 (lost in the Semifinals)
Unova/Gen5 - Top 8 (lost in the Quarterfinals)
Kalos/Gen6 - Runner-Up (lost in the Final)

So this most recent season was the furthest Ash had ever gone, when beforehand the furthest was the Semis in Unova. Most tournaments he's entered he's lost in the Quarterfinals.

So wait, what exactly happened there? Haven't watched this shit in ages, he's just now learning how pokemon shit works, years after using them?

He lost all the fucking time, what made this time different?

Was it Sinnoh where Ash had a really good team in the league so they put him against some dude who had fucking Darkrai and Latios?

>Hard reboot
>don't even send the Ash we have now off with a win

>Ash lost
As usual.

This shit looks like Yokai Watch
Gamefreak is probably shitting itself trying to get ahead of them in Japan

Sad.

Ashes design and execution can't really get much worse, he's always looked like shit

You are listening to shitters in their 20s lying about pokemon and you believe in them

Time to reevaluate your life

He had the most overpowered pokemon he ever possessed and he had type advantage and still got destroyed.
He was basically expected to win, unlike all the other tournaments where everyone already knew hed lose.

We want the Yokai Watch audience

Also Pajama X.

Yeah, that's the one where he lost to the guy with fucking Legendaries, who was mentioend as having beaten all the Gym Leaders with just his Darkrai. And of course he went on to win his Final match with just Darkrai and became Sinnoh Champion because the League is too retarded to ban Legendaries.

Yea, first thing I'll do is not listen to the contrarian faggot trying to flounder some bullshit.

>shit anime is starting to look like YW
>games are starting to look more like Yugioh monster artwork

I like where this is going.

Ash didn't call his mother and he went back home and saw this.

Please post the /vp/ screencap.

i grew up playing the X games but this is better in every way. fuck green crystal tits zero

No years have passed in the anime. They stopped referencing time.

Ash is ten again. He'll always be ten.

I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND.

Sure you did.

Understatement

they just copy pasta'd the male protagonists default clothing over ash and made his hat red

jesus

>fucking drops out of school cause all he knew was pokemon and he was still shit at working around typing and stats

i'm 24, bitch

Why didn't they just make him grow older as the show went on like Digimon or some shit?

I mean, he'd be 18 by now at the very least, based only off of distance traveled and time between leagues.

Which I guess might be bad for the audience of the show who need a relatable kiddy protagonist. But it just seems like they'd be better off starting fresh with a new protagonist every region.

I mean I'm pretty sure no one is supposed to watch this show for an extended period of time, you'd never be able to get over the 'How is Ash STILL this retarded? How have team rocket STILL not moved on with their lives?' etc.

They do it in case kiddies don't know about it.

I am done. fuck everything

Who cuck Ash this time? Malva Alain Clemont

Nice loss

>it's an alternate dimension
>shortly we'll have all the versions of the Main Character running around in the same show because of UB shenanigans

his teacher when he gets an F on a test

because japs are the biggest jews in the world and are 100% against any changes that might, even in the slightest, hurt the sales of their products

They could showcase that without Ash being a literal potato tier retard who never fucking learns from his mistakes, just have him present the shit the kids need to know while his waifu of the month asks the dumb questions.

I only watch the Pokemon anime when the league starts then look up who the characters are because I don't care about the other shit. He didn't come nearly as close to winning Sinnoh as he did in the Kalos finals.
In Sinnoh he beat every relevant rival so they made a side character trounce him. At the very least in Kalos he had some sort of previous history with this guy and supposedly was never able to beat him. While letting him have a fair match against the one rival who grew with him as the season progressed.

because pokemon is always for children and they expect people to stop watching or caring pokemon after a certain age.

Digimon is so shitty they had to make a sequel to a cartoon from the 90s and tailor it to manchldren by making them high school students.

>Ash
>vidya
Pick one

what would even be the point in banning them. Not everyone who joined the League has a legendary, and the fact that capturing a legendary will usual take a lot of skill, which is something the league is about.

Besides, Ash has met plenty of legendaries in his journey (Not counting the movies) and hasn't made an attempts to capture one. If he's not attempting to capture them all, what's the point of aiming towards Master, which apparently the League is only a step.

>flashy animation with big words on the screen
>dances that kids love it doing
>talking rotom
>going to school

Remember when it was the other series which used to copy from Pokemon?

How far the mighty has fallen.

user your pic is showing nothing.

>No Serena
HAHAHAHAHA

I dunno, Spyro looks all right.

He didn't look that great before, to be honest.

The show is aimed directly at young children, there's a live action show that comes on every sunday to discuss pokemon they rename it every few years. Going by how the japanese do their anime timeslots, that live action show and merchandise it should be apparent that Pokemon's target audience is young children.

I agree I don't think they expect people to still be watching it more than 10 years later. Which is why it's weird to me when people still complain.

It's a cycle that's not going to end until Pokemon is good and dead.

>pokemon is always for children
You say that while the manga has different protagonist for every region and even they grow old and meet each other.
It's not about pandering to manchildren it's about making something good.

No white professors here
Now what are your pronouns

Does it mean that Ash will drop out of school at the end of the season instead of losing the League?

Manga that isn't endorsed in any noticeable way. Hardly any merch or promotions for PokeSpe, which is just one of several Pokemon manga.

Honestly what baffles me is just the fact that the writers and production must be bored out of their minds just repeating the same shit over and over.

>Gen 7 anime is going to be a junior school SoL

It's like one of those tumblr "redesign a sexy character to be LESS TRIGGERING" redesigns, right down to missing the entire point of the character.

would still fug

What did he mean by this?

>It's not about pandering to manchildren it's about making something good.
This

Pixar and even most Disney movies end up being enjoyable by adults and children alike despite being intended for children.

But that requires some actual effort. Why bother when idiots still buy your games 20 years later with barely any changes compared to the original?

One on the left looks stupid

Right looks better, much more sexually attractive, left looks like she'd need help getting dressed.

The right looks pretty good desu user. I don't see the problem.

I thought for a moment that left was holding some sort akward cane of sorts.

They change staff every few years. It's why people were praising XY because the season before it looked like absolute ass and was responsible for making Ash seem so retarded. There was supposedly no increase in budget, they just really abuse 3dcg backgrounds and have solid storyboarding and some really good animators working on it from time to time.

OP said worst, not best.

I played this game and she looked so fucking out of place, those clothes didn't feel like she was being sexy or evil, more like she was tricked onto using them

If every single episode was one day in Ash's life, he would only have aged 2.5 years at most. Many episodes can conceivably occur within the same day, though. This cuts it done to 1.5 years.

Pokemon actually has the most realistically aging protagonist of all anime.

I'd fuck both of those. There is no winners or losers on this one.

Yea makes sense, still, I imagine they have a bunch of senior staff that must be bored out of their minds with this shit by now.

One can dream user. I may not be an avid fan of Pokemon as I was kid but I still hope they would be able to make something great in terms of adaptation again. I know Pokemon Origins is a thing but it's too less.

They should have used crystal tits zero on the final battle in Zero 3 tho.

Except that ignores all the traveling he does and the frequency of leagues

The Ys MoC designs. The original Carna was perfect.

His hair got rounder

that would be actually a huge improvement over the same "arrive in a new region, build team, defeat gyms, lose league" format they've been recycling for the last 20 years

too bad they're going for a blatant YW rip off instead of thinking of something original

But don't you have episodes that span two or three days?

Ash needs to take a lead pill.

>Pajama X

I see it

I watched pokemon cartoon up until just before the actual league fight that sounds like everyone got pissed off about
should i bother watching the rest

>Ash didn't win the league
>Amour will die
>Memefrog will get Oak'd
What even was the point of XY?
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

orgin animatiin