youtube.com/watch?v=CkkWOf70W50
my.mixtape.moe/fxmmse.mp4
theguardian.com/world/2004/jun/17/usa.oliverburkeman1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what was his name again?

Nortin Portent.

Whatime gunnado

KEK

I don't think nuclear launch sites have codes that are 3 digits long but fair enough game

Naughtin Portaint.

Wait a minut that card...
youtube.com/watch?v=CkkWOf70W50

So you can remember then easily

Kino

All nuclear codes in the US from 1962 to the mid 80's were 0000. Some were protected by a mere padlock

Why would that be how it's set up? If Naught Imp Portent lived in that time period the US would be a crater.

I prefer this version
my.mixtape.moe/fxmmse.mp4

Post proof or gtfo.

Wow

How the fuck did we avoid getting nuked by Russian spies again?

From Bruce G. Blair, nuclear security expert
>The Strategic Air Command (SAC) in Omaha quietly decided to set the “locks” to all zeros in order to circumvent this safeguard. During the early to mid-1970s, during my stint as a Minuteman launch officer, they still had not been changed. Our launch checklist in fact instructed us, the firing crew, to double-check the locking panel in our underground launch bunker to ensure that no digits other than zero had been inadvertently dialed into the panel. SAC remained far less concerned about unauthorized launches than about the potential of these safeguards to interfere with the implementation of wartime launch orders. And so the “secret unlock code” during the height of the nuclear crises of the Cold War remained constant at 00000000.

theguardian.com/world/2004/jun/17/usa.oliverburkeman1

Also daily reminder that the world came THIS close to ending in the early 1980's from faulty Russian sensors detecting a nonexistant launch from the USA. Look up Stanislav Petrov

bump
i wanna talk more about nukes

Jackie

It's amazing we're still around. Other countries probably have similar or worse precautions on their warheads

The most common password is the easily-circumvented "123456". Imagine how far up the chain that applies...

Useless piece of shit.

why do not just shoot the computer ?

>mfw India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons
>earth still somehow exists

Tim Portant

*ba-dum tssh*