Board games have been successfully doing Lovecraft since the 80s

>board games have been successfully doing Lovecraft since the 80s
>there has yet to be a good Lovecraft videogame

Why? And don't give me that Eternal Darkness or Bloodborne bullshit: inspired by Lovecraft doesn't mean anything.

>inspired by lovecraft doesn't mean anything
What? Eternal Darkness is pretty literally Lovecraftian. Just because you dont see Yogg or the Elder Things, does not mean it's not a good Lovecraftian game.

You want a "This game is liscenced by H.P Lovecraft successors" stamp? You want the direct universe?

Cthulhu saves the world is more your tea?
Or Call of Cthulhu?

Lovecraft universe is good, sure, but what he really did, was to create a genre, or more refine it. He's the Tolkien of Horror.

I will take inspired video games like Eternal Darkness, The Thing, Alan Wake, Amnesia, Eldritch, Darkess Dungeon or even Dead Space anyday.

I dont really care about the copyright symbol if the world is good.

I enjoy Shadows of Evil within Black Ops 3 very much.

>there are no good Lovecraftian games
>don't you dare mention the two obvious good Lovecraftian games!

I remember when people took pride in their bait threads.

Can we talk about how The Secret World has some of the best quests in the video game world? It's a shame the combat is not good.

>game has the word "eldritch" somewhere in its script
>"it's lovecraft guise!!"

He meant, Lovecraft universe games. Like in the world he created. Kinda like how Dungeon and Dragon is Tolkenesque, but not literally in the world of Tolken.

He said that he want games with the whole mythos, and not home crafted mythos with elements from the lore.

Eldritch is literally lovecraft. You go around killing stuff while trying to collect stuff. Avoid the shoggoths.

What is your favorite Lovecraftian game Sup Forums?

My problem with the Secret World is it isn't very secret. Everyone in that damned game knows what's going on including the NPCs. Newsflash, if everyone knows what's going on it's not a fucking secret.

Except the whole world does not know. People in Innsmouth know there is a problem, but they are cut off from the world. Who will believe that underwater zombies are raiding your town?

Every game of Elder Sign ends up with "how the hell did we win?" Great game.

Well Elder Sign is Yahtzee 2.0 pretty much. Cool game, but not a ton of strategy. A little more with the later expansions, but they add a lot of difficulty.

Eldritch horror is the same. You can roll 10 dices if you want, you still have 4/6 chance on each dice to fail.

Man up and play Arkham Horror + expansions.

Casuals.

I actually quite like Elder Sign for something quick and easy.

Arkham horror is not hard, it's just complicated because the rules sucks. You just fight the rules and not the game itself.

It's the board game equivalent of a badly programmed game.

Is Elder Sign that bad? Of the three (Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign), what's the best fix for Lovecraft board games?

>it's just complicated because the rules sucks

fucking this.

i hate the "arkham horror is hard and isnt for casuals" meme.
its just convoluted and a fucking mess of a game.
and of course there are those idiots that defend it and say "you just think its complicated because you're a casual!"

its not bad. pretty much what said. its just a lovecraft yahtzee game.

eldritch horror will be your best bet. you can also try mansions of madness.

ES is only $30 at my FLGS, I can get it and two expansions for the same price of either EH or AH. Is EH good without expansions? They all look good to me but it's a matter of cost.

It always ignored in these threads, but I'll keep recommending The Last Door series.
Despite low budget graphics and form of release, it's some of the best darn horror adventure gaming I've done in a while. Very moody and atmospheric. Very Chambers/Lovecraft/Ligotti, with a dash of Lynch.

EH is pretty good without any expansions, but the first expansion "Forsaken Lore" add a lot to every gods.

>Is EH good without expansions?
yes. the big expansion sets arent needed to fully enjoy the game.

if anything, Forsaken Lore is all you need but good luck finding that at a fair price.

>that flavour text
What the fuck is that saying?

>mfw I realized I somehow was missing Forsaken Lore and Under the Pyramids
I still have so many more ways to die

Forsaken Lore is great because it add a ton of cards to the existing gods. Also, Poisoned is a bitch.

I'm still unsure how I managed to miss getting those two when I was collecting all the expansions over the summer, considering everyone says Forsaken Lore is pretty much what made the base game complete.