Which is the best Dynasty Warriors Gundam game?

Which is the best Dynasty Warriors Gundam game?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/m1mrtjX.jpg
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/6703-importing-101/#comment-708577
youtube.com/watch?v=X5QaPe6YDFo
youtube.com/watch?v=z0sZipjmu4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My friend platinum'd all 3 and says 2 is the best

1 in terms of character interactions.
Reborn in terms of content. Yeah, it's chock full of SEED, but it still includes all the other timeline stuff from previous games too.

How do I get into /m/ stuff

1, the cast actually interacts with each other. Every other game basically has the characters placed in missions randomly and they just have one or two lines they all repeat when they appear. The impressive list of playable mechs in the later games isn't that impressive either once you realize almost everything that isn't a Gundam has a half assed move set.

What do you want?
If you want the Gundams watch 0079 and buy shittons of modelkits

>can't play as mashymre in any of them
why

been playing reborn and it doesnt grab me like 2 did
i think its the changes to unlocking gundams and the customization system
sure the gameplay is faster and prettier and on a greater scale but its also too easy and less satisfying
also lacks the relationship system
im a gundam irl

Your friend must be retarded because 2 was garbage.

3 has the best aesthetics and gameplay but the worst maps.

1 has the best story and characters but the worst gameplay. It has pretty good maps.

2 is shit all around.

4 is shit.

I played a bit of Super Robot Taisen OG for the GBA and I liked it
>What do you want?
I want huge robots fighting and hype. Just don't know where to start

G Gundam

I second this. Not just games, but anime and manga too. I've tried /m/, and well.. you know how that turned out

why cant i ever play as the best MP suit

3 with god gundam
TYPHOON
TYPHOON
TYPHOON
TYPHOON

god gundam is OP in every iteration

You came to a Gundam thread so I'm assuming you're interested in Gundam. Here's /m/'s viewing guide:
i.imgur.com/m1mrtjX.jpg

What are some good Gundam games outside of DW? Looking at Gundam Breaker 3 and Zeonic Front.

Reborn and 2.

I wish the God gundam was really named Burning, just because it's a better fitting name.
Shining (Sun) Gundam
Rising (Sun) Gundam
Burning (Sun) Gundam

God can't really be an adjective
Like it's not a big deal, but it just bugs me yknow?

As for best Dyn. gundam I've only been able to play 1. Heard 2 was pretty good, 3 had good game play but bad others, and didn't know there was a forth.

Can I ask /m/ for a good mecha game that it isn't in jap for pc? or at lest one I can emulate?

no

GB3 and Zeonic Front are great.
Some worthy of mention are
Gundam vs Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost
Gundam vs Gundam Next PLUS
Gundam Seed Destiny Rengou vs Zaft 2 PLUS
Gundam UC (PS3)
Gundam Lost War Chronicles
Those two 2D fighters on the PSX
and maybe Gundam 00 Meisters if you're into Zone of the Enders combined with a Musou

Also Another Century's Episodes are great and they still count since they mostly have Gundams.

Fuck you too I guess

Oh wow thanks. One last beggar question. Is there anime mecha series that is over 26/50 episodes? Obviously there's Gundam, but that's over various series. I mean more like a mecha version on one piece, where it just never ends

strike suit zero is alright(if you want fast mecha)
mobile suit gundam online is fun if you want gundam but (sort of) Battlefield.
Mech warrior games are old but still fun.
Otherwise you can emulate the PS1 & PS2 Front Mission and Armored core games

Isnt MSGO dead?

Should I bother with older stuff like Mazinger Z and things like that?

You're thinking of SD Gunam Next Evolution.(or maybe its precurser SD Gundam online)
SDGNE only really suffers from not improving enough upon sdgo and then of course reacquiring all the suits on top of that.

lol
I don't see Legend of the Blue Wolves in there though.

Why wouldn't you?

>G Savior and Cubix
>But no medabots
Okay hold the fucking phone nigger

Only one I played was 3 and I enjoyed it well enough. The story sucked ass, but it was some good simple fun.
I much prefer the Versus games.

It's a joke chart

Would I need a jap credit card if I wanted to download DLC for Extreme VS Full Boost?

Any of the Gihren games get translated yet?

I believe you just need a jap psn account and you can buy some jap psn cards online.

I don't know, I figure there might be cases where the originals are outdated or stuff like that. Also I assume I should watch subs right?

This
Take this thread too dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/6703-importing-101/#comment-708577

Pretty much just need jap psn and you can buy psn yen codes off of places like playasia.

>I figure there might be cases where the originals are outdated or stuff like that.
How?

Anyone? Google is just giving me regular anime series, and gook land shit I've never heard of before

>Anyone?
No

>How?
I don't know, animation quality and techniques or something? Dude, the only anime I've ever watched is what they used to air on open TV, I'm just trying to apply my vidya knowledge

Dunno about Japan, but Taiwan server is doing great.

>I'm just trying to apply my vidya knowledge
If you're the kind of person that avoids playing older games because of graphics then you might as well avoid watching older anime.

Mazinger has 92 episodes. And LoGH has over 100, though that's more sci-fi than pure mecha.

No, I avoid playing older games when there are superior versions already. And before you put words I'm my mouth, I'm not saying newer = better

Define "superior versions."

Bugfixing, balancing, redesigning outdated mechanics, newer graphics that preserve the original artistic direction. See Final Fantasy on NES and the GBA/PSP remakes

Hold on, I'm going to give you some guidelines on how to get into something you're interested in that you'll be able to apply for your entire life.

Step 1: Acquire thing you are interested in (in this case, go find a torrent or stream of what you want to watch).
Step 2: Take a little time to experience this thing.
Step 3: If you like it, continue with it. If not, proceed to step 4.
Step 4: If you don't like it, stop.

You'll find that this is a lot easier than playing twenty questions on an imageboard.

I wish I had that much time to waste

If you have enough time to ask a bunch of stupid questions then you have enough time to watch a few 22-minute episodes of an anime to see if you like it.

The way you're posting sounds like you just want us to tell you what to watch instead of figuring it out for yourself.

>If you have enough time to ask a bunch of stupid questions then you have enough time to watch a few 22-minute episodes of an anime to see if you like it.
So taking 10 minutes to write some questions and read the answers is faster than downloading and watching 5+ 22 minute episodes for each series, when there's like 20 of those? You really suck at math

Personally I'd recommend GaoGaiGar, Shin Mazinger, Getter Robo Armageddon, and then the usual entry level stuff everyone recommends like TTGL and EVA and whatever, I'm more of a super robot kind of guy and the only Gundam series I like is G so I don't have any recommendations for you there

Also if you're the guy that said you liked SRW, play through both GBA OG games, or maybe MD if you have a PS4, and then you should be familiar enough with the menus that you can fumble your way through one of the moonrunes mainline games (that or just play the translation patches for J or @G)

SRW is a great way to get introduced to new series, I probably wouldn't have gotten into Dai-Guard or Godannar if not for it, among others

Personally I really like OG too though, even more than the main games at this point, OG 1 and 2 aren't as exciting but starting with OGG shit keeps getting more and more interesting and there are a ton of cool units in it now, so if you play the GBA games and enjoy them you should try to play the rest of the OG games, MD just got an official translation and there's a complete line-by-line one for 2nd, not sure if OGG or DP have anything like that yet

Why are gundam games so shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=X5QaPe6YDFo

What does it take to get another rise from the ashes?

youtube.com/watch?v=z0sZipjmu4Q

Considering Breaker 3 and Full Boost, I'd say we've been having it pretty good with Gundam games lately.

Because most Gundam games that are not the VS, Musou or Breaker series run at 15fps. Makes the combat unbearable.

Here's your post with the Mazinger Z question:
Post time: 21:23:04
And your current post: 21:58:10
That's 25 minutes you could have used to watch an episode of Mazinger Z. You don't even have to download it, you can easily find it on plenty of streaming sites. Even if it actually took you three minutes to do that, you'd still have time to watch the episode.

You could watch three episodes in less than two hours. Are you actually going to try to bullshit me and tell me you don't have a little over an hour out of the day for free time?

There aren't really many mecha shows with over 60 episodes, there was Mazinger Z with 92 but it was sort of a prototype so it wasn't anywhere near as good as subsequent 70's Toei masterworks like Getter Robo / Great Mazinger / Kotetsu Jeeg / etc. Grendizer had 74 episodes, Dougram had 75 episodes, Gordian had 73, Godmars 63, 60's Tetsujin 97 and if you go on technicalities Yatterman had 108 and Gatchaman 105. The only one I can think of with significantly more than a hundred is some show called Hikarian with 156 about bullet trains that I can't imagine being any good if you could even find raws for it.

Reborn

>He thinks I stared at this thread for 25 minutes straight
>Watching a single episode of a 92 ep long series will give me an accurate representation of its quality
Whatever man, I already got most of the answers I wanted anyway so I'll stop shitting up the thread. Hope you do the same

>arcade only
:(

>all these gundam series
>no gundam wing

>Watching a single episode of a 92 ep long series will give me an accurate representation of its quality
Pretty sure I said three, but it should, in terms of animation quality.

>Hope you do the same
I'm not shitting up anything. Don't ask stupid questions and you won't be treated like a stupid person.

/m/ doesn't like Wing for the most part. I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but it's definitely one of the more flawed Gundam series.

Isn't that the one with the really awful main character?

Biggest issues i remember being the reused animations and overall plot a little odd.
Mixed bag is definitely how'd I'd describe it. It's a lot of fun, but it also has a lot of flaws.
It's still leaps ahead of SEED Destiny.

You just described almost every Gundam series

Well I disagree but I heard he in particular was a huge mary sue or some shit.

Yeah, Heero's a pretty bad MC. He stays the same stoic robot the entire series with a tiny hint of romance with Relena at some points. Pretty much a cardboard cutout. But he has his fun moments, like ripping up the birthday invitation and YOUR SIGHT, MY DELIGHT WILL YOU MARRY ME
Its pace is fucking glacial, the stock animation is used without remorse, and the characters can get really silly. It does have its charms though, like the soundtrack and the mech designs.

Uh quick description from memory
>Fucked up super soldier kid
>snarky
>hilariously suicidal
>I'll kill you

And don't forget the recap episodes.

The only good Gundam mc is Domon.

Yeah I forgot about these in So yeah, those too.
ESPECIALLY THE RECAP EPISODES WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME.

Amuro, Kamille, and Domon are great MCs.
Flit and Asemu were also at least decent.
At least it isn't as bad as SEED. Holy shit they had to have a recap every 5 episodes in SEED.

Evangelion isn't a mecha show

Nothing wrong with being a sue, rather, after so many shows watching the MC struggle over and over to be the underdoggiest underdog there ever was just to barely scrape by on the skin of his teeth for maximum tension gets old and you just want to see him killfuck everything with ease. Heero was one of the only tolerable parts of Gundam Wing and he was still pretty shit, just not because he was a sue.

Daily reminder that biomechs are still mechs.
The evas are basically cyborgs.

Bernard is solid too.
Too bad he exists for only 5.7 episodes.

>10 years old watching Wing before bed
>aw hell yes time for some fucking giant robot action let's go
>recap episode

Although that's a valid point that's not what I meant

Eva has so much psychological mindfuckery and character development that the mech battles are the least important parts in the series

The mech battles often take up at least half the episode time. And they're in most of the series. What are you going on about?

>tfw your biomecha didn't kill the entire genre

Anyone here import GB3 like me?

Getting back on track on this thread - I personally enjoyed 2 the most.

My least favorite part of 2 was the relationship requirements. Sometimes I would sit there reloading over and over just to get fucked in the end. Otherwise I liked the customization the most - again you are grinding to an extent.

I agree with everyone else that 1 was pretty good but the gameplay was shit. Same could be said about 2 with the same gimmicks (if I have to see another "boss' on the map again).

Then again, DW Gundam games aren't about a lot of thought. My greatest complaint is some observers don't realize it's a fan game made for fans. When you first buy this shit you're paying attention and eventually play it to pass the time. After logging in so many hours my buddy (who also owned the game) would come over and we'd just chat while pre gaming taking turns or do 2 player.

Also, V2 is so tiny in all the games I love it.

no PS4

I'm planning on it. Playing GB2 until then.

How much of these are in English?

I just recently purchased Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force on Vita. I've read that this is a poor title to bring over state side - it's my first one so it's fun enough.

Anyone mind explaining which titles are out there I could import without too much headache?

>Jushin Lyger will never appear in another SRW

Damn. I loved the OP and ED.

Yeah. It's pretty cool but I have a hard time deciding on what to actually make my mech into. I wish so many sub weapons were not tied to specific pieces or at least you had the choice of equipping more builder parts if you use ones without them, I feel like I need to use certain pieces as is; head vulcans and funnels are too strong.

Breaker 3 and SRW OG2 are available on playasia in english (albeit, seriously broken english in SRW's case).
SRW V and that new SD Gundam game are getting english releases as well.

GB3 is fully translated.

>nostalgia

If it's your favorite I won't tell you that you shouldn't like it. My point of view is that it was one of the first Gundam we received over in the West.

The nostalgia wore off for me once I saw 79 and realized I had missed out on the UC growing up. I can still watch it though.

Is it passable to watch just the OVA for GaoGaiGar or does it take a different path from the TV series?

I'm a pretty big fan of Gunbuster, Getter Robo, and 0079/Zeta

Can I transfer my Vita save from GB2 to a PS4 GB3? That's the only thing that's been holding me back from getting this game

I wasn't specific enough but I appreciate the info. What I had meant was how much English do GB and Gundam VS titles contain. Is it almost entirely in Japanese where I'm going to have to pull up Gamefaqs to read transcriptions for every screen? There is also that From Software title for Unicorn.

I know it's unpopular but Victory is one of my favorite UC shows. Not sure what it is that connects with me but I enjoy Tomino's vision of the late UC prior to Unicorn.

Gaia Gear would have been interesting.

What did everyone think of thunderbolt?

This was supposed to be posted.