Is there a more obvious sign that a game is going to be complete ass when there are still virtually no gameplay videos...

Is there a more obvious sign that a game is going to be complete ass when there are still virtually no gameplay videos less than 2 months to release and no word from the devs on virtually anything about the game? This is starting to remind me a lot of no mans shit.

>only 2 "gameplay" videos exist, both involve people talking over the gameplay with various trailers and cinematics spread throughout the video
>no pure gameplay video exists for this
>devs revealed in a post on steam forums that most of what people know about the game isn't accurate or true in any way
>no PVP at all, literally none
>single player and coop are 2 seperate modes, not a "drop in-drop out" kind of game
>single player will have visual player customizatoin
>multiplayer will not for some unknown reason
>when game was announced there were 5 skill trees confirmed
>now been reduced to 3
>only 7 space hulks (ships) that you explore
>devs say it takes 45 minutes to an hour and a half to finish each ship
>more than likely its going to be 30 minutes or so
>single player consists of you and 2 AI
>multiplayer is you and 3 other players
>again, no visual customization in MP, all players of the same class look identical
>can have 4 of the same class in one game
>devs have never talked about any of this in interviews or mentioned it to the gaming press at large, this was only just recently revealed in a single post on steam forums that most people will never see

Anybody expecting this game to be anything other than broken garbage deserve to be shot

source on information: steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/0/343785574535807782/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

again and again the shitter will make his shitty thread

Holy shit, this really is shaping up to be no mans lie 2.0

Can't wait for this to come out and see the tears of all the warhammer neckbeards as they try and defend it

I agree that some actual gameplay footage would be nice to see but:
>muh pvp
>muh cosmetics
fug off

Its not the cosmetics that matters, its the fact that single player has them but MP doesn't. That makes no sense for a number of reasons. The fact that this is the case shows the devs don't even know what the fuck they're doing

Yes cyanide are horrible and negate any talent steum on has.

No one is forcing you to buy it on the first day retard

Players need to be able to quickly recognize who has what weapons and what capabilitys

>there are still virtually no gameplay videos
Nice try, eternal crusade shill. There are a couple of gameplay videos.
Sorry that your scam game is bombing horribly due to stupid business decisions. Also nice list of bullshit you just pulled out of your ass.

>list of bullshit
>literally posted source at the bottom of OP that has everything OP said
Not sure if shitposting or just a fucking retard

>Not sure if
Back to le memegag

But thats completely wrong? This isn't competitive, at all, you don't need to be able to recognize silhouettes with split second timing, beyond that, its not hard to give each class their own cosmetics, kind of like how every other class based RPG handles it. Also, everyone can use every weapon, class differences are purely based on skills and passives.

Peppered with a bit of assumptions to make it look worse than it is. What kind of retard even plays Eternal Crusade unironically or thinks Deathwing is competing with it in any way? You're a petty cunt who needs to stop posting.

I'm really hoping it won't be shit. But then again, video games are dead

Deader than the Emperor.

>join room
>pink terminator
>yellow blue terminator
>black pink terminator
session ruined, much better when everyone in the team is from the same chapter

Don't crush my hopes faggot, I'm still holding out hope that Eternal Crusade will be decent.

This. MP customization would ruin this game, all the underage faggots would make obnoxious technicolor characters instead of sticking with lore and at least making the terminators resemble canon chapters.

While that would be great and all, all signs point to "nope."

It was dead the moment they announced they failed their goal.
Now it's a shitty tps with f2p tier gameplay mechanics and for some reason no Tau even though they would be the best fit for their current game

>only 2 "gameplay" videos exist, both involve people talking over the gameplay with various trailers and cinematics spread throughout the video
>devs revealed in a post on steam forums that most of what people know about the game isn't accurate or true in any way
The marketing is being handled by another company and they have very little to no say on what they're allowed to say

Can you explain further? I only recently learned of the game (from Sup Forums no less since their marketing is so bad), from what I understand it was supposed to be a PvP and PvE MMO-type of game, with other factions being added in later. But from the gameplay I've seen it looks like a standard TPS. What happened? What did they mean they "failed"? Is the game we see in the early release all we're going to get or will it get better with updates?

>no EU servers
haha, no thanks

join gr8r gud?
gue'la
gue'la pls

Half of your "issues" aren't even issues like wtf

>No PVP
>single player and coop are 2 seperate modes, not a "drop in-drop out" kind of game

Sounds like half the issues are that you don't have any friends to play with desu

>cant fight in close combat

ayy lmaos go and stay go

>>cant fight in close combat
[source]?

board game

[source]?

The goal was to have premium players play space marines and f2p players play the orks.
That way even the poorfags get to join in on the fun and it would make for a good mass multiplayer experience
But they lack the ability to make such a game so now we are left with a tps with subpar gameplay and shitty generic maps.
Really, just look elsewhere for a good time

go fucking read the tau codex nigger

I own the Tau codex. On which page does it say they can't fight in close combat?

>spess meren captain walks up to an xv107 with his shiny sword
>gets fucking stomped on
wew

How is BFG on Steam?

>2 months till Deathwing

Thanks for the reminder, almost forgot.

>or will it get better with updates?
there'll be not many updates if it crash and burn at launch

But...I want a good Warhammer game. That's the only reason I'm even remotely interested in EC since it looks so subpar. Why the fuck can GW never get a competent dev to make their games? Warhammer lore is wasted on shitty mobile "games" and below average PC/console games, not counting DoW/2 or Space Marine.

Seriously, how hard is it to get a competent dev to make a decent FPS/TPS set in the Warhammer universe?

What are you on about my dude, that's literally what Deathwing is

>Tau
>the race that balances itself towards negating half of the gameplay experience for the enemy
>would be the best fit for their current game

the spot for best next race is for necrons and you know it

>third person shooter
>the race that represents the natural evolution of tactical modern warfare doesn't fit in a team based shooter

Except a lot of OP's points are valid concerns for how good this game will be. Namely
>only 7 Space Hulks
That's a serious lack of content. A big enough lack of content to keep me from buying this.

How many space hulks do you want?

>Doesn't want to play as a squishy Tau boarding a Chaos fleet
>Doesn't want the feeling of absolutely overwhelming firepower suddenly negated by a corridor ambush, where Tau turn into absolute shit
>Doesn't want to live in fear that the Chaos forces are actively learning how to fight the Tau, as more and more of the AI gets picked off over the course of the missions, leaving you and your coop battle bros to fight the monstrosities
>Doesn't want to get consumed by the warp at the end, in a fuckheug twist

I disagree with you, essentially.

1. Quality over quantity
2. Replayable
3. Is everything you said you wanted
4. Currently 33 dollar dudes

fuck off you fucking troglodyte
I hate ALL of you who spout the "pvp is bad" meme

let's look at this from another perspective;
>pvp is implemented, ends up being shit: whatever I'll just play the base game
>pvp is implemented, ends up being good: wow, the game has newfound depth in that you can choose to play against other human beings instead of just AI

barring that, how about:
>oh man, I truly am burned out after doing all the space hulk missions 3 times over; if only there was some kind of fresh feature that would give this even more replayability value"

all this, paired along with the fact that probably the most popular multiplayer survival game of our generation added in a simple pvp mode that ended up being immensely enjoyable, leads me to believe you're only opposed to the implementation of pvp in this because you feel the incessant need to be contrarian

7 would be fine if each one took hours to complete solo.

An hour a piece (aka SEVEN HOURS of gameplay) is not worth my money.
>inb4 muh multiplayer replayability
How long do you think a game with only 7 different maps will stay interesting?

not when map design and balance of factions factor in roughly 50% of the experience to be close combat and the average infantryman to be a space marine
not that it wouldn't be possible to give tau effective breacher teams or kroots to fill the role without making tau completely antifun to play against, but necrons are easier to insert and fit better with the intentions of the game

>How long do you think a game with only 7 different maps will stay interesting?
You're forgetting DLC

There are 7 space hulks and a total of 9 levels that each take around an hour to complete. Literally the first thing in OP's source

Not that faggot, but I don't like PvP.

However, it means that I'm ambivalent towards it, if it's included then I don't really care. Its inclusion would probably mean more people playing coop though.

>over 60 hours of MANDATORY gameplay
FAGS OFFICIALLY

BTFO
T
F
O

And I just said that that's a serious lack of content. A game focusing on replayability should have more environments than that. Less than 10 environments will get boring very fast.

>m m muh pvp
For $33 you get a great game with great gameplay
It's made by a small studio so unless you donate a humble 500 000 you can buy it or shut up

Name a game that has 10 environments.
All shooters just have a bunch of samey levels with 2-3 different environments max

Close combat and melee are different things. Stuff like flamethrowers, airbursting fragmentation projectors, fusion blasters to an extent are all solid close combat weapons. A team of Crisis suits tooled for close combat can jump into the fray and make a short and bloody work of most targets.

Well, and there's that one Ethereal who stopped Orks from overrunning a city with a sharp knife on a pike.

>2 warhammer tps are made
>one even has other factions than marines
>but tyranids are always npc

Depends what the environments are senpai.

7 different corridors is absolute bullshit, 7 huge ships with multiple levels, environments, things to do is a bit different.

You are mistaken user. Theres not 9 levels in each space hulk. There are 7 separate Space Hulks or "Areas" and nine levels or "Story Chapters" that takes place over the course of these areas. Each Chapter takes around an hour.

So around 8 1/2-10 hours of solo gameplay

I don't know OP. Seemed pretty good when I played it at Gamescon.

Hey user what's your favourite space marine chapter?

I really like the black templars

Me too brother.

Imperial Fists. I have a hard on for defensive structures and siege weapons.

That's 3 more levels then Left4Dead2 at launch though.

I only now realized that bfg got another trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY

Thousand Sons.

>b-but they're a small studio
fuck off you muppet
doesn't matter how small of a studio they are, they still need to make a game that's good in proportion to the price they're charging

and not implementing pvp when it's been a prevalent in a multitude of popular MP survival games fails to convince me that they're making a game as great as you make it out to be

I'm a Tau weeaboo fgt, but I've always like the blood angels, second favourite army to fight on SoulStorm

I know better than to get my hopes up by now and yet I still look forward to Deathwing

I just want to believe Streum On can make another game as great as E.Y.E and we'll finally get another good 40k game so long after Space Marine. If they just made Left 4 Dead with Terminators, had custom map support and kept the game updated fairly regularly they'd have an instant classic.

I'm glad I didn't get too invested in EC after how it turned out at least

Iron Warriors

Come at me niggers, I'm behind seven Eternal Fortresses

Oh just shut up you raging retard, you've been sperging at anyone that gives you a pity reply
You are absolutely wrong about this and the game will be worth every penny

Any answer that isn't Salamanders is a beta answer

First founding, Salamanders
Overall probably Exorcists even though there's next to no fluff on them other than 'Better Grey Knights with less mary sue and worse gear' but they have a rad colour scheme and insignia

the only way it can survive is if they manage to keep on balancing, updating and adding stuff after the game launches at a steady pace.
terminators, wraithguards and meganobz are a start but I doubt they will see enough incomes to justify too much additional work.

Why do you build fortresses to guard nothing and why do the astartes try to attack them despite their lack of strategic value?

Emperor's Children

All of the sons of Dorn honor the Emperor with their service

Fuck yeah Daemonculaba!

>8-10 hours of solo gameplay
FUCKING DROPPED KEK HOLY SHIT

You wouldn't understand, you are not astrartes.

2complex4u

beat me to it my Nocturnean-American

Fists are also a patrician choice minus the self-harm, and Wolves were great before 5e made them full-on furries

>still not addressing any of my points and immediately going straight for an ad hominem approach
i don't know what I expected from arguing someone who shills so blatantly and shamelessly, but (You) got me, pal

take solace in the fact that not everyone is gullible enough to gobble up another warhammer survival game after the abortion that was Vermintide

It's made by Streum On so I can trust them completely to make an interesting game.

Don't care, doesn't say anything about the quality of the game.
Don't care.
Ok?
>no PVP at all, literally none
Fuck PvP. Not every game needs forced PvP.
Ok?
>single player will have visual player customizatoin
Cool I guess.
>multiplayer will not for some unknown reason
Don't need to be a special snowflake to purge some xenos.
>when game was announced there were 5 skill trees confirmed
>now been reduced to 3
Pretty lame if true.
>only 7 space hulks (ships) that you explore
"Only"? Jesus, how many do you want at launch?
>devs say it takes 45 minutes to an hour and a half to finish each ship
>more than likely its going to be 30 minutes or so
Complete speculation on your part.
Ok.
>multiplayer is you and 3 other players
Ok.
>again, no visual customization in MP, all players of the same class look identical
Don't care, again.
So?
>devs have never talked about any of this in interviews or mentioned it to the gaming press at large, this was only just recently revealed in a single post on steam forums that most people will never see
They fucked up.

hol up

Minotaurs

Salamanders aren't niggers.

Their skin is black like coal not brown like shit.

You don't have points retard, you just drone on about wanting pvp

>Is there a more obvious sign that a game is going to be complete ass when there are still virtually no gameplay videos less than 2 months to release and no word from the devs on virtually anything about the game?

It might or it might not be. Just wait until it's out and watch some videos. Don't preorder games like an idiot.

>it's a Salamanders are nogs because they have jet black skin but caucasian features episode

ay yo fuck you white boi we wuz princez n shiet befo da dark eldah came n shiet we built da muthafuckin mount deathfire

>Nocturnians are the same as Earth niggers
Purge yourself

You said Iron Warriors

Why do you keep posting Black Legion?

Is there a better rivalry?

>jealous butthurt autists
>rivals of the sons of Dorn.

they're in my initial post but you're, again, too busy shilling to take any dissenting post into consideration

Because there is barely any good iron warriors artwork.

1. your stupid ass is not important enough for paid adverts on this god forsaken site
2. If you mean the "points" in the OP then pack up and go home, because it sounds like a child's rambling

WE

Shit Chapter
Shit Artwork

they aren't black, their skin is a very dark grey.