ITT viday tech that failed horribly

ITT viday tech that failed horribly

What are you trying to prove, OP?

That you're too poor for VR and therefore you dont like it??

Go be a talentless hack with Todd Howard, Carmack. MY board is not for shilling, beeyotch

>if i keep posting it it's true

Great thread family. You do your thing while I'm enjoying my VR headset every day.

You started the subject, dumbass.

I'm not OP, beeyotch. Go back to """work""" Carmack.

History repeats itself.

>technology is stagnant and never advances at all
(You)

>finally try oculus
>you can see the pixels everywhere
The density is just not there, what a disappointment.

Considering that neither is VR, yeah the comparison holds.

You can see them, but while your moving or focusing on something else they become very easy to ignore, so you don't even notice.

What games do you play on it?

>I-it's not that bad if you don't focus on it.

To be fair, it really wasn't much to speak of. The whole point was to show that Android could be used for set-top box entertainment and the Ouya didn't do anything different from most devices of the time.

Virtual Boy was gimped by the cost of full color displays of the times. Modern VR gives no fucks about displays higher than 720p in both your eyes and while they require a lot of horsepower, it's potential is a little better than most give it credit for.

It's only useless if you have one eye, impossible depth perception or some other debilitation that makes the tech impossible to perceive.

Nowadays mostly DiRT Rally, some Duke Nukem 3D, and some EVE Valkyrie from time to time.
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to focus on the pixels rather than the game.

The main reason that VR lost most of its momentum is because they ran into a huge wall in terms of implementation because of motion sickness.
They apparently could not fix that issue which means they can't easily just apply VR to regular games and instead have to come up with new ways to approach games.
This, as far as I see, is the main obstacle that VR is having right now. They have to remake game formulas around this problem now.

I play rec room mostly

Im banging youre waifu in vr right now

Post vids.

So in the end it will die out when it becomes clear the costs will be higher than the monetary gains.

Gone but not forgotten.

feeling buyers remorse yet cuck?

Nope, I'm glad I bought it actually. Can't wait for Touch to come out.
Why don't you try it out if you haven't already. There should be some BestBuys who demo them.

rec room paintball
h3vr

in the process of making wooden guns that holster the controllers for better feedback and immersion

I will admit that I was impressed by the tech initially.

Playing Arkham Asylum in full quality on a shitty old netbook had a certain wow factor.

post yfw you didn't fall for the VR meme

People weren't too fond of paying for games they never owned. I guess if they had an all-you-can-play subscription model it could've succeeded.

>mfw I fell for the VR meme

Does Dirt Rally have proper Vive support yet? Depending on this answer will decide whether I get one. Last I heard it only worked janky with Revive or something.

I play it on Rift which works seamlessly. Not sure about Vive, you might have to use Revive after all. Maybe someone else who has a Vive can tell you.

I had completly forgotten about it. I hear it is actually decent though if you mod it and put emulators like n64 on it.

All my vids are from the little girls pov

>tfw the only reason i want VR is to play euro truck simulator 2 and american truck simulator, maybe elite dangerous when i get it
i'd probably play minecraft a couple of times too because i'm really interested to see how much the experience would change with vr.

Aw damn, well okay.

I didn't have a problem with motion sickness on the Vive, and I've played for hours at a time
The Rift though, I had to stop after 15 minutes

Why are their so many shills for VR? Everyone knows it failed horribly, check the most recent steam hardware survey.

*there

>Why are their so many shills for VR?
Why are you so afraid that some people are enjoying their devices?

Wrong

I'm not, but every time there is a thread about VR on Sup Forums, which will be a negative one. You shills come out of the wood work and start shouting "poorfag poorfag!" and start rigorously defending it. Everytime, it happens too much to just be a simple coincidence. Either you are paid valve/oculus shills trying to get Anons away from their money. Or you people are the new Applecult.

I don't know which is worse.

>ctrl f poorfag
>you're the only post

obligatory
>anyone who supports this must be a shill

Of the posters with negative comments, how many of them have tried a Rift or Vive? Or do they base their opinions from what they read online?
>le "strap screen to your face and call is VR" argument
Whether you want to get one or not is up to you.