Why don't conservatives make videogames?

Why don't conservatives make videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sNVDyqiCIo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Verdi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Wagner
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because most conservatives are old and those that aren't didn't go into programming with the goal of making video games

They have no imagination.
Their lives revolve around always conforming to the status quo.
To never believe and step out of line.
They exist out of instinct.
They exist as ordinary humans.
They exist in a realm where they must always have normal ideas and normal stories.
None become immortal after death.

Conversativeness is apathy.
Apathy is death.

Conservatives have more important shit to do than play and make vidya games.

because conservatives are a strange lot. They have to be the most anti-fun political ideology in history

youtube.com/watch?v=7sNVDyqiCIo

This is Alex jones telling you why you should be afraid of pokemon Go.

like what?

I snorted to cover a laugh, that was pretty good.

Everything else?

When you honestly can't think of anything that is more important that vidya, you seriously should just kill yourself.

If Congress Republicans are at all representative of the conservative mindset, no they don't

They probably prefer more reliable sources of income

>Alex Jones
>Conservative

You know the guys a comedian right?

I just don't believe that conservatives do something more interesting than creating something like Deus Ex, art if you will

work a good job and spend time with their family.

they do, it's called Jap games, Russian games, pretty much anything outside of Western Europe and the US

True, true.

>There are people that really believe this
How ignorant can you be?

Alex Jones is a weird animal. He's been a laughing stock for conservatives and then kind of got re adopted because of how important it is to get Trump elected, we can't afford to alienate anyone

Sucking dick is now more important than playing video games. You heard it here first folks.

They do. They're in charge of most of the big publishers.

Or at least economic conservatives. It makes more money to be socially liberal.

They do.

you see I used to believe this as well as believing Sup Forums was a group of people pretending to be retarded. but, no they are in fact just that retarded.

because they hate video games
also what even is that question why do you think no developers have conservative views

Earthworm Jim

that's nothing, listen to a capitalist talk about video games

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3WDgBUteOg

They do. But Conservatism isn't really about principles or values, it's about making money so they try to appeal to mass market liberals.

>t. Conservative
WAGESLAVE

Conservatives are looking to contribute to society.

It's the same reason why you don't see many conservative comedians, actors, etc.

A McDonald's employee contributes more to society then those lot.

I believed that until I watched some of his documentaries.

Because video games are the devil. Don't you remember Sunday School?
Or are you one of those commie nu-male cuck liberal islam facist cuck niggerlover cuck cuck nu-cucks?

Surely this thread was a good idea.

Salty.

Isn't Japan conservative?
They make a lot of vidya

>work a good job
and writing code and animating shit is not one?

also family is a meme

u what m8, the left-right paradigm is pretty much all principles and values

fiscal reasoning is another matter entirely

You can't really compare Japanesse conservatism to Western conservatism since they're completely different cultures in a fuck ton of ways.

I'm not even conservative, politics are fucking retarded. But to claim that conservatives have no imagination is fucking stupid. Not a wageslave either

Because Conservatives are anti-fun and puritan, all due to cognitive dissonance and their blind devotion to Yahweh.

They are opposed to sex, drugs, partying, music, games, and other human pleasures. There is nothing wrong in experiencing them.

God did not create us to simply obey his commands and restrict ourselves. Conservatives need to break free from their mental trap

>Isn't Japan conservative?
Not at all.
Becoming an animator or someone who works mostly in entertainment is considered shameful.
They get paid poorly as well.

What is The Witcher?

So you would rather play video games than get your dick sucked?

Not in the West. It's been the opposite as of like, 5 years ago

>Conservative imagination:
>I wonder what I'll do at work today...

>Everyone else:
>I wonder if I could create an amazing story and write it down...

a fucking dishwasher is more important than an Actor/comedian

Not really. That dishwasher would kill himself if he didn't have actors/comedians to watch online when he got home.

Quite true

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Verdi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Wagner

Uncultured swine

It's hard to imagine how humanity grew to 7 Billion when so many people killed themselves because we hadn't invented the internet.

>how important it is to get Trump elected
Will you die in a nuclear fire otherwise?

writing code and animation is autistic, sedentary, shit. Inferior people can't into families and so they give up, or fail and then give up.

Making video games falls under being creative and being creative makes you a faggot in their eyes.

All the conservatives I know refuse to take a risk on anything creative. They're the first ones to snort when you tell them you work in the creative industry. "Where's the money in that?"

>Not at all.

You've never been there have you? Their elected government on federal and local levels has been staunchly conservative since the 50s. The fact that they're so insanely traditionalist is proof of how conservative they are idealogically.

I mean aside from the communist party.

>Richard Wagner
Opinion completely and totally disregarded.
Fucking garbage music taste, m8.
Drowns out like a dying whale.

Conservatives are entirely about preserving muh childhood. Most of them are joyless cunts.

There's barely any conservative artists in any medium so its not much of a surprise there's few conservative creatives.

You know taking metaphors literally is a sign of autism, right? People have been engaging in escapism since the beginning of time.

that dishwasher could spend his time doing better things for leisure.

You promised us future, Eggman. Where is it?

That's right Sup Forums just let it all out.

That's not.. a conservative.

Anyways judging by the business model of so many modern games, plenty of fiscally conservative minded people are making games lol.

Of course socially conservative people aren't going to make games, those people are anti-fun.

>autistic
opinion discarded

There are plenty of conservative game devs. It's just that most of them (just like most liberal game devs, apart from the vocal SJW minority on twitter) realize that devs do not need to put their political affiliations out there, and not every game needs to be a fucking political statement.

>Old Farts indicate their nature

Wow, familia. I guess the U.S. is still conservative because most of our elected seats are dumb bastards gapping out the rest of society by 100 years.

Japan has a young libtard base and it's growing.

Conservatives are fucking morons, you need an IQ above 90 to code

And he would still need artists and craftsmen to create that leisure. Or he could just become one himself.

John Carmack is legit autistic so he has a point.

I remember being 15.

This. You only think about it if the devs shoehorn their opinions into the game and pretty much only libs do this.

How strange it must be to live in america, where everything is the secret plot of a political party.

>Fucking garbage music taste, m8.
This is irrelevant to your point. He wrote more than 24 hours of music and was the pioneer on extensive use of leitmotifs , that's pretty creative.

The right hasn't been about values and morality since Ronald Reagan and the neo-cons took it over.

>Conservatives are looking to contribute to society.
Liberals don't? Generally, most people in the healthcare, education, and STEM fields are liberal as fuck, while people in the more entrepreneurial and self-serving fields tend to be more conservative.

Though it's not all cut and dry. Certain occupations within those fields can be more liberal or conservative overall, like pediatricians being mostly liberal and urologists being mostly conservative.

verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/index.html

This has an interesting breakdown of political leanings by occupation and job sector, (assuming Republican = Conservative and Democrat = Liberal). What surprised me the most is that most people in religious-based occupations tend to be more liberal.

Fucking pledging alliance to a sports team is better than identifying with your political stance

You guys do know that you're the second most liberal board on the site, behind Sup Forums, right? The rest of this site laughs at you.

Ever heard of grand strategy games?

do you always assume that the entire world is America?

>Japan has a young libtard base and it's growing.

Which just confirms you've never lived there. Most of Japan doesn't want anything to change, because they knew how everything currently is and how it works, which they prefer over the possibility of something different. The student protests of the 60s failed, they lost.

Understand that Japan doesn't function in left-wing versus right-wing like the US, they function in Authoritarian vs Libertarian, and they're an extremely pro-Authoritarian society because Confucian values are taught to them their whole lives.

And we're laughing at them.

Welp I'm learning, it's kind of hard when you aren't rich or have a furfandom.
At least I already have a couple connections and by that i mean I know fellow artists and coders not anyone in the industry but dammit I have heart and I would rather spend my life trying to catch up to the people I respect than to make any money

It must've been the cat piss fumesmmm

I went to America on a business trip and their media wouldn't shut the fuck up about how evil conservatives are, so naturally some of the Americans actually believe it.

get the fuck outta here I don't want to acknowledge that the world isn't diametrically black and white

I agree with craftsmen, but Artists have very low importance in maintaining society they are only the decoration of society.

This, Sup Forums is certainly one of the most cuck boards in the whole site.

>liberal-conservative black and white politics
You are all literal highschoolers

everything this guy says is right and im not even conservative

is Sup Forums laughing at us?

its black

Why is Sup Forums now full of self hating failed normalfags that pretend no one should like video games, despite them being incredibly popular shit for normalfags? Did everyone become Quentin while I wasn't paying attention?

They do, they just don't feel like announcing it to everyone in interviews or via a narcissism feeder (twitter).

No shit. Every religious person I ever met has been hardcore liberal because they think it's nice.
I don't know where this "religious = conservative" meme comes from.

>everything this guy says is right and im not even conservative
that's because you're retarded

It was a joke. Did you know that not being able to understand sarcasm is a sign of autism?

Although, that wasn't an actual metaphor, it was an example.

Anyways, escapism doesn't necessarily have to take the form of an entertainer (ie a non-productive human being). Which was the point of this entire thing. You can be entertained via sports, games, spending time with family, going for a hike.

Japan is an ancestor-worshipping society that deems you are more valuable of a person simply by virtue of being old, so them being old farts is kinda relevant.

LIKE MY HEART
xxx

Conservatives are too smart and logical to invest their time and money into an industry that will almost certainly not turn them a profit. That's why you never see conservative artists in general.

Because we all know that vidya is useless shit for useless shits like ourselves, and we all would stop spending time with it if we had literally anything better to do. Don't even try to delude yourself, vidya is for failures at life.

Is that a joke? Sup Forums laughs at Sup Forums more than any other board laughs at any other board.

I wish only high schoolers bought into this bullshit. It's just as prevalent in adults.

We are talking about entertainers, the majority of which are liberal.

Anyways, you also have to consider the fact that a person who enters university is more likely to turn out liberal as they are more or less liberal indoctrination centers.

They're not very smart. These are the same people that like trump.