Hoo boy

Hoo boy.

>now open world busywork is a problem
yet Far Cry, Ass Creed and its ilk get free passes

Will Comcept ever be able to recover from this and Mighty No 9?

I'm very proud of myself for not falling for the comcept meme and actually knowing how little involvement Kenji Inafuane had with Mega Man being a game.

Because those games are competently developed and genres serve the design.

They were scared of retards like Sup Forums who fucking screamed for years about "MUH LINEAR GAMES" and now reap the world they sought to create. A world of "open world" platformers and metal gears are what you fucking cry baby faggots deserve.

THANK YOU CON MAN

When will this open world meme end?

It's literally the most 7/10 game I've played in forever. I know you guys meme on every AAA as 7/10 because paid reviews and shit but this one fits the bill to a t.

i never complained about linearity you fucking mongoloid piece of shit
Sup Forums isn't one person

THANK YOU CON MAN

OPEN WORLD IS OFFICIALLY A MEME

It's a solid game
why everyone hates it?

THANK YOU CON MAN

Most reviews bitch about dying too easily and thinking it's too old school

But if they die a lot the load times can be excruciating, plus it's just unpolished. Could've been better with maybe another 6 months to tidy everything up, but it was already delayed from original release of spring this year

It's Wonderful 101 for the Xbox all over again.

"Wow it's too hard"
"It's too old school"
"I don't want to collect things"
"The graphics are not that great"
"This game has loading times that last like 15-20 seconds to load zones and dungeons."

And here I am having a fucking blast. If you ever enjoyed Spyro, Jak, Sly, or Jet Force Gemini with a bit of Zelda do yourself a favor and get Recore. Recore isn't for meme youtubers and failed journalist who can't even play Mario. Yeah, it's a SOLID 7/10 game, but it's a good game. It's not winning GoTY, but if they build on it I could see it being one of my most looked forward to releases. Also top tier soundtrack.

W101 was better assembled desu. The mechanics are good and the plot is simple, yet enjoyable, but it suffers from lack of testing.

Some of the complaints are legit though, when you do die you have retarded load times for a game that really isn't all that graphical heavy and the open world feels more aimless than the ones Ubi usually vomits in each of their games

This game is dead in the water thanks to the retarded decision of releasing it only on Xbox and on the fucking MS store for windows, too bad for hackfune though his chance to salvage his career failed, the game isn't all that bad

Steamfags are literally cancer.

Bad loading times are genuinely an awful thing, but it sounds a lot better than many reviewers are scoring it.

I bought it on my Xbone you jackass, I'm simply stating that its going to fucking die because I know for a fact that this kind of game won't appeal to many people and that the MS Store is goddamn retarded

>Conman ruins Not-Megaman
>Conman ruins Ninja Gaiden
>Conman ruins this game

Is there anything that Conman WONT taint?

Wait, how is Inafune related to ReCore?

Mega Man

He's the producer, which means he's responsible for the funding of the game as well as oversees the development.

Of course the kind of game Sup Forums would like and be OK with.

Is this game really bad?
All I read is "This game is great BUT..."

From what most people are saying is that the game can get pretty repetitive at times and has many technical issues

Fair point, they really need to fix the retardedness that is the Windows Store.

My main problem with that is how its tied to W10 and I'm not willing to update it just so I can play a few games on my pc or stream something from my console to it

most reviews I've seen say that the gameplay is actually pretty good, it's just the technical performance, the tons of bugs, the level design, the story pacing, and the length of the game makes it wasted potential.

Good game held back by technical shortcoming from lack of testing, such as enemies clipping and long-ass load times.

So like the sonic adventure games?

Got it. I'll wait for an eventual patch. If it gets patched, I'll get it.

>Recore you get a robot dog companion
>TitF2 you get a robot Titan companion

This shit is my jam. I miss HL2.

Anyone talking about the PC version? Seems everyone is focused on the X1 version

PC has slightly faster load times and 60fps but everything still holds true

>7/10
You realize 7/10 should, theoretically, make it a 'good' game right? Let's not rate games on the 7-10 scale like most reviewers do.

A 7/10 is equal to a C, which is average.

Eh.

A 6/10 should be average, imo.

The game came out? I forgot it even existed

I hope you are baiting, because, if anything, Sup Forums costantly hates on open world games.

This is why I stopped reading reviews.

That's still somewhat applicable to recore

6-7.5 is the spectrum of reviews I'd agree with after having played 8 hours of it

Reviewers are not REAL gamers if they suck at a game, they blame the game and not their shitty skills. Just look at Polygon's impression of Doom, tells you a huge story about journalist.

The fuck are you babbling about? Sup Forums constantly shits on open world and calls it a meme.

I'm glad I got it day one, 40 bucks and it's not a piece of shit. Really fun just to dash through the desert. Fuck the critics.

In case you didn't notice, there's no Assassin's Creed game this year. Even Ubisoft knows their formula is getting stale.

if only activison would learn this concerning call of duty

Never, and it's all your fault. You idiots bitches about "Final Hallway XIII" and other games being too linear for years, and now look what happened.

I expected nothing from this game. Like nothing at all. Very obviously an indie game just meant to fill in for the big releases.

What's wrong with Call of Duty?

the games come out at too rapid of a pace and it's been feeling like each of the devs are trying not to step on each others toes now, i dont see why activison just cant combine all 3 groups and have them make one game every 2 years

This game doesn't appeal to streamers. So critics rated it bad.

Yes, devs clearly are making open world games because of some complaining on Sup Forums. They are totally not doing it because it sells. Fucking moron.

Also, this may come as a surprise to you, but there is middle ground between corridor and bland open world.

>open world busywork
Another incompetent reviewer, who do not have time to finish and play the game.

So, there can be only extremes then? We can only have hallway simulators or wasteland simulators like TPP? What happened to every other game that does not fit your extremist views?

THANK YOU CON MAN

Even if they continue doing it yearly they could at least force the devs to stay with a setting instead of them all following each other

>Treyarch doing WWII games
>Infinity Ward doing MW games
>Sledgehammer doing future games

Now COD is suddenly a bit less boring

i think if that happened the IW games would end up selling the most out of all of them,either way the series is ruined for me,it's kind of like having a certain kind of food every week you love it at first but as time goes on it makes you sick even just thinking about it and no amount of change will ever make you like it again

Please, they fucking noticed how the last few games being broken dogshit caused sales to plummet hard, they just are taking a release break to make sure the next one is stable

It's better than nothing.

If you were around 5 years ago, you'd know that one of the biggest buzzwords at the time was "too linear". It's why people shat on final fantasy 13 so hard.

I don't want to pay 60 dollarydoos for a 7/10 game.

>game reviews

this must be banned from Sup Forums

Because Final Fantasy XIII was too linear. This isn't binary you know, there is a decent in-between.

>Because those games are competently developed

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

B-but metacritic!

Mmmm

Thanks for the nuanced response.

I think it depends on the genre. I also believe that it's easier to ruin a game by making it too linear, than it is to ruin a game by making it too open-world. Because if it's too open world, you can always ignore that shit and just do story missions.

Sonic was never good.

CoD
>9/10 despite having 1 hour single player and same gameplay/memes

Asassins Creed beta build with 8gb patch
>silky 22fps
>8.5/10

Anybody who says "Waiting for reviewers to decide" must be banned and their MAC put on blacklist

ah, there you are!

>3D sonic
>potential

It's 40 though

>those games are competently developed and genres serve the design.
what the fuck are you talking about? No they are not. This is the free pass

What's so wrong with the Windows Store?

Genuinely curious, since I work doing tech support for the backend and have never actually used it.

Reminds me of this jackass on Reddit arguing with the TechRaptor reviewer that basically said that if a game starts up and doesn't crash it's at least a 5/10.

My issue with it doesn't come down to functionality, but the fact that there are 5 or 6 actual games on it and the rest is typical app store trash. I have no incentive to open it ever and see what new games there are like I do with Steam or GOG, because I know it's just going to be some more freemium mobile trash. I really don't understand why Microsoft is fucking over their exclusive games by making them exclusive to a store that no pc gamer ever visits.

Far Cry Primal copy/pasted the map from the previous game. I wouldn't call such laziness a form of competence

The cancer that single handedly keeps pc gaming alive.

>62 on Metacritic
It's the Xbox's Federation Force

Which I doubt anyone knows. Seeing as only 13's tutorial was linear.

Because it is too linear. And the actual gameplay aspect of these open world games has nothing to do with their openess at all. You get to a mission area and it just becomes linear again. The reason I fucking hated Far Cry 4 is because when it wasn't a checklist for chores the actual missions would sometimes literally teleport you to an isolated and completely linear COD like shooter detached from anything "open"

Who didn't see that coming?

Soul Sacrifice

but that's not chris roberts

Glad we are getting past the copypaste quest and busywork bullshit. Hope more games get docked for trying to stretch their game out with tedious fetch quests. Retriactively lower scores oof every MMO and shit like XCX.

FFXIV apologists said the same thing on Sup Forums and still do.