Being AWOL since 2014

What's up with that?

>Start to make game after Tropical Freeze
>Wii U isn't doing well
>Game's almost finished
>Get told to port it to NX
>Start porting it to NX
>Can't reveal the damn game because the NX would have to be revealed first

It better be a new fucking Metroid game, it doesn't have to be a Prime game, they've proven they can do 2.5D well.

Their dev cycle is roughly 3-4 years. Be patient, young one. Let them do what they do best.

I'm in Austin, want me to go check on em?

>and tonight on the news, local Austin video game studio "Retro" headquarters assaulted by autistic man armed with spaghetti.
>Bystanders claimed that the man "was screaming about someone named Aaron and a gorilla"
>Upon arrest, the man requested a stop at the local burger king for "chicken nuggies"
>more at 11

Ask them to make a new DK pls

Pikmin 3ds is taking them a while

Why doesn't Nintendo invest more in western studios anyway?

fuck you BK chicken nuggets are a steal

The best Samus has ever looked

I like the Prime 2 design more

Mind the Jaggis

Because it's basically gizzards and fat. Step yo chicken game up, son! That shit is terribad.

Donkey Kong games take time to make.

prime 2 is criminally underrated.

The team that made MP left to make ReCore.

Retro aren't making MP4.

They don't gotta make Metroid Prime 4, just Metroid VI.

you meant V right

It's a really good game but it's also a lot more frustrating than either Prime 1 or Prime 3. I know people who exclusively skip it when they run through the series.

Currently giving it a replay. Each area feels a lot smaller than I remember, though Prime 1 had a fair bit of backtracking in the same areas too. Only thing that threw me off was the Torvus key in the underwater area

Was ReCore actually any good at all?

He means 3.6 MOM's sequel.

Unfortunately Other M is V, pretending that game doesn't exist doesn't actually make it un-exist unless Nintendo themselves retcon it.

>Was ReCore actually any good at all?
It's as good as any Metroid Prime is.

They're missing out. Prime 1 is great as well but the bosses leave something to be desired IMO.

actually it was just the director and a couple artists. Most of the prime team is still at retro.

Well luckily besides Smash there is zero recognition of Other M outside of the sole release on the Wii.

>zero recognition
Wasn't it critically acclaimed?

Yeah reviewers got paid to give it a good score, big surprise there. You can find it in the bargain bin at any gamestop for like 5 dollars, and that a fucking first party Nintendo license, shit like that never drops that fast, so you can imagine how most people view it.

Nintendo destroyed them because Other M's failure damaged their fragile egos. They don't like being outdone by piggu white burgercans.

hardly. Only a 79 on Metacritic and sold half-a-million less than Prime 3. Not to mention that even Nintendo heard about the fan distaste for the character assassination in Other M.

So it's worth playing then?

word on the street is that it was rushed, like most microsoft-published stuff.

Well Prime 2 was pretty much rushed in a sense and that was still nice. Is it an even worse case of being rushed?

Two minute load times are inexcusable.

>got paid
Citation fucking needed

>only 8/10
Huh.

also developed by Might No. 9 devs.

Been patched.

It's the closest to a Metroid Prime successor we'll ever get.

ReCore:
>Waah the game has an autolock, like Metroid it's shit!
>Waah the game has too much 'change' weapon for the right enemy, like Metroid, it's shit!
>Waah the game has too much traversal environmental platforming, like Metroid, it's shit!

Be glad Retro can still do their own thing instead of other 2nd party slaves like Camelot.

>Camelot - "Can we finish this Golden Sun story? We left the last game on a cliffhanger 6 years ago."
>Nintendo - "You will spew out Mario sports games and you'll LIKE IT!"

you can't seriously be accusing me of being a sonypony in a fucking Nintendo vs Microsoft thread, can you?

They didn't have to make dark dawn as bad as they did. They knew they were niche, they should have just wrapped up the loose ends and kept the difficulty at lost age levels or maybe a little higher. Instead they bet it all on trying to get a new audience for the series with a game that plays itself and has the main plot of a fetch quest. It oozed charm but that just makes it more painful. Then they went and stuck a cliffhanger on the end, implying enough people would ever buy it to see a resolution.

Yes I mad.

uh...alright. But regardless, it's p clear at this point that recore was in the beta stages by looking at the E3 gameplay trailers and listening to the reviews.

or maybe that's just the Comcept polish talking.

so, you're gonna keep posting these, eh? I guess the thread's dead anyhow and I finished writing smut for the night.

It is a mystery

Kys

Duck Hunt 3D Platformer

this is clearly it

They basically implied they're done with Metroid at this point. Rumor has it, they're working on an original IP.

Just saw 15 minutes of gameplay.
Are you high right now?

and beer is rotting yeast, your point?

Miyamoto has them locked up working on some crap that they don't want to be working on.

You seriously don't think some reviewers got paid to give that pile 8s and 9s only to have the same sites shit on it later as they always do with major releases? You're as naive as they come.