What made you quit a video game?

What made you quit a video game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5hn7l0ZTCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i was playing resident evil 6 co op with a friend (chris campaign) and it was so tedious and frustrating for both of us that we have not played it again

also i had a hard drive failure a while ago and lost my rogue legacy save data, starting all over again in a grind heavy game like that is a no go for me

i made it fairly far into devil survivor 2 but one of the battles i went into where i had to save someone was so frustrating i rage quit

i played hearthstone on and off a while ago but after learning that the adventure i own and most of my cards (from the first expac) are now essentially worthless i will never play it again

everquest
spent year+ trading to and from like an obsession
then went to try to do some race specific quest for halflings and then I died because some bullshit mob train on me, and GM's did jack shit about my corpse, nobody helped me, I asked for hours, and literally nobody could be assed to take 5 minutes to help me locate my corpse

pretty much made me lose all interest in mmos and never get addicted to games ever again

my copy of kingdom hearts 1 froze right when they were gonna open the gate to kingdom hearts

youtube didn't exist back then

The most recent game I quit is Fallout 4. 99% of the gameplay consists in walking to a dungeon, killing everyone inside and acquiring better equipment. It was just too repetitive for me.

Valley of Defilement. More specifically, the swamps.

Too much bullshit for me.

chaos legion, have to be required to go back to every fucking level to find pieces to use a mandatory summon

People who call blight town bad have never played through valley of defilement

Almost everything i Hydrophobia: Prophecy. Fuck that game. I made it to, what I believe is the final boss, and quit it right then and there. The gameplay sucked so much ass

same happened to me with Final Fantasy X during the cutscene when they kissed. It just stopped a second before they go for it.

couldn't handle it and decided to steal another copy in a small 2nd hand store

Blizzard's hearthstone team is actually awful

>hurr hurr we literally gave up on balancing our game and just scrapped 50+% of the cards

the part in fable 2 where you get sent to that jail and lose all your stats/abilities

haven't played it since then

Final boss of Persona 3 charmed my healer when I'd been fighting for what felt like an hour. Never played it again.

Sup dsp.

You guys are retarded if you think having a rotational format is bad for the game

That's pretty sad I think I beat her when I was 15 or so

Fable 2 has got to be one of the easiest games I've ever played.

I never got knocked out/scarred once in my entire playthrough.

Pretty sure you get your skill back too iirc.

I was pretty young, didn't think to give my healer anti-charm stuff. Still retarded though, but it was a pretty retarded game. IIRC you can't even control your party member's actions and just had to hope they fought smart.

I was playing Shin Megami Tensei 4. It was the second game I had ever played on my 3DS after buying it super late. I got to the point where the White show up and had to stop for some reason. When I came back the game had turned off and I hadn't saved in 30 something hours. I got complacent with the sleep mode and forgot to.

The shock realisation that the 5% of times its fun aren't worth the 95% of the time it's shit.

See: dota2, Destiny, modern TF2 and all fighting games ever

Other people. I quit LoL/DotA at the start of this year and honestly it's one of the best choices I've ever made.

Red Steel.

One level crashed on me three times around the same spot.

That game, for at crummy as it was, had some hilarious enemies and stellar environment design.

But goddamn I couldn't put up with losing half an hour of progress several times over like that.

That was the part where I was most interested, I thought I was finally going to get to know what the tower was all about.

Ni No Kuni.
When Esther started attacking Shadar with her harp for 1hp.
Then fucking swine did the same.

I knew AI is retarded and I did my best to keep playing despite that but that was it, I couldnt deal with this anymore.

Black on PS2.
Technically I still finished it, years later but the last level was a such borefest I literally fell asleep every time when I tried to play it.
Bulletpsonge enemies is the ultimate evil that will kill any fps.

Gran turismo 5 and 6
The more I was playing, the more I was bored with it, at some point I realised I repeat in my mind, this is not fucking fun so, I decoded stop forcing myself.
Shame PD never evolved and stuck for decades in 90's gameplay mechanics.

Multi User Dungeon ragequit was because of a woman.

I ragequit Squad because I'm unusually terrible at it.

Fallout 4 because it wasn't an RPG to me.

A few others here and there, but those are the ones I remember most recently. I tend to get excited and play the shit out of a game for a month or so before falling into a fucking listless depression period where I don't sleep and try to spend as much time working as possible. Obviously I give up vidya during that time.

This post screencaped could be used in in Oxford dictionary as the explanation on the word "pain"

I ended up trading it in along with Link Between Worlds the next day. I've been saving after every major zone or before each boss in Apocalypse though.

Virtue's Last Reward, save corrupted after completing something like 80% of the routes and almost 30h in

You really only have yourself to blame for not saving after 30 hours of playtime.

Like I said, I had never owned a 3DS or played such a long game on it. I had grown complacent.

Witcher 2 when you fight your first enemies at the castle.

Combat was far too complicated and clunky, tutorial was shit

ehy? valley is EZ. not vertical, no deadly falls and poison that gently strokes your HP bar instead of draining it, if you bring a regen. ring.

Some timed mission in Jak 2 I couldn't do as a kid.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure I've only quit games out of boredom.

Over before it even started.

It's bad when you do it when you barely have a card pool relative to any other TCG.

i know at least 5 guys who had theat happen. i think it's on purpose

Just play wild

I was playing a Splinter Cell game when I was around 12 on the Xbox. Thinking back I wasn't that far in but IIRC you had to sneak into a ship or something on an ice level. I ended up saving a split second before encountering an enemy that gives me an instant game over screen when he spots me. Never played after that.

only game i can think of just straight up dropping, as opposed to one day not playing the game anymore (with the hope of returning), is broken age. first part had a bunch of puzzles that i felt insulted my intelligence. part 2 had a bunch of puzzles that dident make a bunch of sence.
anyway i do everything for the guys part (occasionaly checking a guid becouse some bitch needs to tell me how to undi a knot or else the puzzles unsolvable.) get to a part where i need to get to the end of the girls story to look at a picture to find out where to place the 3 wires. finnish the girls story find the picture follow the symbols on the picture so when i wire the robot its the same as the picture.
then nothing. guy reparing the ship wont accept the robot, theres no where yo put the robot other than a port somwhere. i go back and forth between people to see if i screwed up, i dident. i look up a video to see what success looks like. the first guy couldent figure it out, the seccond just guessed till he was correct. do slightly more research and find a ton of people have the same issue. i deleted the game shortly after reading that
tldr: after getting 3-4 hours into broken age, i wasted another hour trying to solve a puzzle the game wouldent let me solve.

Tactics Ogre LUCT is better anyway

Inexcusable

You should've known about multi-stage battles by that point and made an extra save so you can go back and grind if needed.

Gameplay, yes. Story, no.

I did have a backup save but I just didn't feel like bothering.

CCG*

Quit with Dark Souls, because of the extremely slow and tedious gameplay.

Somebody post the video.

Base management bullshit
>neverwinter nights 2
>having fun playing through the story
>THIS CASTLE IS NOW YOURS, MANAGE YOUR SHIT
>quit game
>fallout 4
>having fun playing through the first mission and the intro
>HERE'S YOUR SETTLEMENT NOW BUILD SHIT
>quit

I quit Planetside 2 because the air community was awful. I was one of the only outfits that knew how to fly, a bunch of outfits on other factions would always cry and bitch when we would dominate them. It was literally a case of git gud but they whined to the developers so much that the game actually was patched to make flying easier and give fighters a bunch of abilities by default instead of having to select which abilities you wanted at the expense of others. I genuinely think it was because of my outfit that they fucked the game up.

I quit playing LoL when they removed the Dominion gamemode. It was the only mode I was interested in.

Gym grind and evolution uncertainess in Digimon World 1

Having to mess with DNA Digivolution in Digimon World 2 (My pic)

Realizing that each form has its own level and you need to grind them up to get new ones in Digimon World 3

Species EXP in basically every DS Digimon game

The stock MMO combat in Digimon Masters Additionally I quit right after I promised someone i'd keep playing and that i'd mean them tommorow

I've quit a lot of Digimon games. Mechanically I still don't know how in the actual fuck they got greenlighted. They're just so blatantly grindy it's retarded they think anyone will stand for it.

I got you fampai
youtube.com/watch?v=v5hn7l0ZTCs

Yaiba, ninja gaiden Z.

Quit because i couldnt beat the last boss on hard. That boss was bullshit and killed you in 2 seconds, he has huge life and you had to watch the intro every time you died

play duelyst instead :^)

I once had something like this with a game. It would crash when I'd enter a certain area that was mandatory. What's worse is it was an RPG I had already put something like 50 hours into. I even wrote a mail to the support, bit they weren't helpful.

The western most part of the map in Dragons Dogma, I just got fucking bored. The entire map had no variety and the only thing that kept me playing was the combat. But even that was lame in my opinion, I want to allocate stats in my RPGs.

Late into the lifespan of BF3 I dominated Euro TDM servers with mortar and not long after my week-long streak of good luck mortars were banned on 90% of said servers. Not because of me, but because people began to pick up my tactic and abuse it, to the point where spawning in the default locations resulted in an instant death. I quit the game shortly after.

I remember a certain Sven Co-op map that would crash if you entered a certain corridor while facing forwards, so the only way to pass it was to go backwards. At one point many servers were stuck on this map because people simply left, unable to continue.

I quit playing it too, but my brother loved it and got red steel 2. Which was by far a great improvement.

>Fallout: New Vegas
The enemies were disappearing in the ground.

>Batman: Arkham Asylum
It' too easy. Press Y to be invincible and counter.

>Trapt
It's shit.

Battlefield 1, when I realized I just wanted a more polished Red Orchestra. It was just not for me.

I stopped playing Minecraft cuz the be updates are forced and mostly useless (the community isn't great either)

Metro 2033, linear cinematic press/hold 'e' for the first 2hrs of the fucking game, this shit is nothing like Stalker and it made me very disappointed.

White monoblos in mhfu
endgame content in guild wars 2
wow with all the 10 millions of addons one needs to install
Isnt there just a game i can sink an inredible amount of time in with somewhat good combat system and massive content

I dropped Undertale as soon as I got to the gay knights. I hate degeneracy in my games.

I quit Layers of Fear because it had jump scares every 2 minutes and it was pissing me off

I quit one of the PS2 Castlevania games when I was up to Dracula because I needed to grind more and it wasn't worth it.

I've quit RE1,2 and CVX because I'd get completely stuck or die because of tank controls I'm actually going through REmake HD right now and so far so good

I've quit FFX after the Blitzball tournament numerous times because that game sucks shit but it's one of the few FF games I've never beaten.

The one I regret the most is quitting Morrowind after making a shitton of progress because life got in the way and I was completely lost when I tried to return to it.

Fuck this shit

What game?

I once quit a game because I didn't like the footstep noise.

There's actually a long story behind this but it does sound pretty crazy.

explain

I usually quit games that bring up globalist ideas. You can tell during the first few paragraphs of any given script.

IN A WORLD WHERE GLOBALISM IS THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER

Bravely Default, not the one who posted it but I just put it down after I killed what I thought was the big boss, only to be told it wasn't, and I had to do this shit like 8 more times.

I love parallel universe stories, but forcing me to do it over and over again so quickly reall ybored it out of me

what game tard?

Borderlands 2. Constantly grinding and having to replace my weapons every few missions to keep up got really frustrating, and the friends I was playing with had already played it to death and got burnt out on it and stopped playing. I also stopped playing as a result.

>Yaiba, ninja gaiden Z.

Take a suck.

This so much. Assasins Creed always found new ways to piss me off because of this.

>he stopped playing the best rpg of the last decade just because of a rare glitch

kys

Fable 2, about 80% or more in, theres a port city with a ghost banshee thing problem. You need to go there to advance the story, but I got a banshee that was invinsible & could not proceed because everyone was fleeing/inactive.

I reloaded a save from a few hours earlier, got to the city, same fucking glitch. Never played again

>grinding is necessary to progress

Rare? It's common. The game is shit too even on hard.

Metroid Prime.
Right after killing the wasp boss in the beginning the textures all turned black - I could still see some, there were reflections still working so I knew I was moving around the space, I just couldn't spot the save point. And that wasp kicked my shit in when I was younger, couldn't be arsed to fight it again.

I've quitted Pillars of Eternity and i was really close to quit DA:O many times because i just can't stand the combat.

Anything that interrupts the flow of what i'm doing is a big turn off for me, and those RPGs that revolve around real-time combat but have you pause a lot to set up abilities have to be one of the easiest things to screw up

And the funny thing is that this doesn't happen to me in turn-based combat games, i really get a kick out of turns going fast, checking up what i should do for my next move and execute, but i can't do that in most recent RPGs (And old ones)

Is why i can't play shit like Planescape, PoE, other DA games, Might and Magic series, etc.

yeah pretty much, I don't touch that shit.

I'll try to keep it short.

There was a demo of this game called "imscared", which was a pixelated FPS horror game. The entire game was made extremely well for what it was, and everything was appropriate for the situation, low res, low quality sounds with static in them, it all worked perfectly together.

One of my favourite things about the game was the footstep noise. It has a very distinct CRUNCH to it, which made even the act of walking around feel good, and suspenseful,.

Then the full game came out and was released on steam. Everything was the same, EXCEPT the dev changed the footstep noise because "some people found it annoying".

Now it was a generic HIGH QUALITY footstep noise, the sort you'd hear in any sort of modern day FPS.

To hear this in a game where everything else is appropriately low quality is quite jarring after experiencing the original demo, and walking around is just boring now.

I don't know why the dev couldn't just make a toggle. It really upset me and I dropped the entire game because of it.

It was such a simple change but it ruined what was supposed to be a great experience for me.

Castlevania 64 on Hard difficulty, at the clocktower part. On top of the crappy platforming, hard mode adds Medusa Heads and skeletons that throw bones. 95% of the time, you cannot see these projectiles coming until it's too late. You have to either hope they all miss (or at least hit you in a way that doesn't knock you off) or find some sort of sweet spot where they will never hit you. I could get past this part if I tried, but fuck that. I have too many games on my to-do list to put up with crap like projectiles that you can't see.

you might like divinity then user, it's a mix between the two but it's still a turn based game

The Cybil gun glitch made me stop playing SH1 last year. I should really just get over it and try and kill melee or something.
Shame because it's still the only SH I haven't finished after all these years.

New vegas is overrated it had just as many game breaking bugs as bethesda made fallouts

That game actually put me in a game ending bug. Right after finishing the portals, you have a room where you need to manipulate time and throw your boomerang thing to activate switches.
The switches got unresponsive and permanently stuck on off.
Could never being myself to play it to that point again.

Borderlands 2
There's this quest where you have to kill boss, return head a bit into the game (forget which exactly).
Once killer, his head clipped into some mountains and was just out of range of picking up. Couldn't find any noclips.

Quit playing after that.

I just had 4 more bosses before I'd be completely done with the game (Sir Alonne, Cool Ranch Smelter Demon, Ivory King's 2 cats, and Darklurker), but I was sick of the game at this point and just stopped playing because the god damned gauntlet you have to fight through to get back to each boss was just too much for me and I lack the patience needed to deal with bullshit like that

you missed nothing

Fuck. I died prob ten times to the dragons flame tho.

When I reached the ending "twist" of MGSV. Too bad I didn't quit earlier because the rest was a pretty boring and shitty experience.

what gun glitch?

Yeah, it looked better, played better, and was a much more finished package.

Too bad there won't ever be another sequel.

Maybe 2 will at least get a digital re-release.

As someone who's never played Ass Creed, what does it even mean that a game has globalist ideas?

A glitch where if I fired my gun, the sound would repeat indefinitely and if I fired again that sound would also loop forever until there was nothing but a deafening, white BKORAAHHHHHHHHHH coming from my TV that persisted even over cut scenes. shit sucked and I dropped it.
It's funny though because literally in sewer tunnel leading up to that fight I thinking that the sound design of the game was really sophisticated for it's time.

It means that the posters you quoted are mentally ill.