Is this game proof that vidya devs have stopped giving a shit...

Is this game proof that vidya devs have stopped giving a shit? Why can't modern games have half as much TECHNOLOGY and attention to detail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4r0QKwY18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm phone posting atm but I agree with you.

I miss the way these older fps games handled multiplayer. Red faction time splitters goldeneye and whatnot. So many options.

I wish the online for Perfect Dark HD wasn't piss.

Muh tech

>tfw throwing poison knives at bodies so their owners would spawn and lose half their hp

>tfw suffocating someone in a room full of proximity N-bombs

>tfw throwing N-bombs at a black president

i ashume

>higher difficulties have added scenarios and objectives

the dragon (the weapon he's using) was always wildly inaccurate, if he'd been using the k7 (which spawns in that mission) or something he would've been fine

This looks terrible. FEAR does the same better. Nostalgiafags are always shameful.

>comparing a game released in 2000 on the N64 to a PC game released in 2005 for PC

Fucking underage shit. Fuck Off.

You had multiple chances to take the shot and the one you chose was above his head.

Nice, but you can't blame the console for that.

actually, I really hated that the lower difficulties didn't have the same missions

You don't think it was filled with poor decisions
It ran at like 12 frames
It was virtually unplayable
People say Goldeneye is bad, but it was hard to stomach the fps

Perfect dark could be played like an action game instead of an fps. It was more focused on movement. I wish fps games would bring that back.

even goldeneye supported analog stick aiming and it was widly superior. Used to get knife headshots on my friend like a madman.

Why? I think it's nice. Mission: Impossible also had that. Great game back then, too.

Sure all the tech was cool but it also ran like shit. I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate actually went into the single digits at times.

splitscreen explosion in a crowd.

there's your single digits.

>implying N64 is in any way oldschool

Also, read the OP, retard.

multiplayer grenades/n-bombs only

I'm surprised the n64 didn't catch fire desu

by choosing an easier difficulty I want to survive better, meaning less damage taken and more given

why would anyone want to have less objectives, have less to do?

when I was a kid and wanted to try the objectives I never completed, I died because the difficulty was too high for me

content shouldn't be sacrificed for difficulty

Haha, get good, you born loser.

fear came out over 11 years ago numbnuts.

>erfect dark could be played like an action game instead of an fps. It was more focused on movement. I wish fps games would bring that back.

I don't understand what you mean, are you talking about the controls?

N-No, you are lying.

I think he means when you get in close quarters and everyone starts throwing punches and your vision gets blurry and guns are useless so you beat eachother to death.

At least that's what my matches looked like.

>focused on movement
Pretty sure Perfect Dark focused none on this. If you mean using walls passively as cover then I could play Call of Duty the same way.

>starts thread "ugh guiz this old game has more TECHNOLOGY than new game"
>gets proven wrong
>WELL WHY ARE YOU COMPARING A NEW GAME TO A OLD GAME HUH

Heh, jokes on you, I have it on PC

By far my favorite N64.
I think the only flaw in this game is the framerate, which is horrendous, specially in the multiplayer.

there was a sim level higher than dark sim

What is an angry vengesim.

>game released in 2005
>"a new game"

Next you're going to go "stop being nostalgiafags, Super Mario World is just as good as Super Mario Bros 3, Nintendo will be fine"

dark speedsims with the rcp
literal ghosts with global presence

The point is that FEAR is not a "le retro game far superior"

>content shouldn't be sacrificed for difficulty
Then get good. Games have always rewarded you for playing better and overcoming harder challenges. Completing more objectives is part of the challenge and part of the fun.

Developers stopped caring about AI when they realized they could just pre-bake everything ahead of time and the majority of players would be fine with it. Which then lead to developers realizing they could throw away singleplayer entirely so they could focus on much more simple, quicker, and cheaper modes such as multiplayer.

>diversity for the sake of diversity female protagonist who don't need no man
>president of the USA is black for some reason
>evil aliens disguise as blue-eyed blonde guys
>all male characters are either evil or useless and need to be rescued

Sup Forums would hate perfect dark if it were released today

they didn't just stop giving a shit.
they have stricter deadlines, they are made by commities and the budgets are too big to gamble on new ip etc.

You mean use scripted nodes. You don't pre bake AI.

Joanna being a woman has nothing to do with her character.

President being black doesn't matter

It makes sense for Aliens to pose as handsome blonde men.

Who are Elvis and Jonathan?

All your points are wrong and you are stupid.

>other guy runs up and just throws his gun on the ground
lmao

So instead of taking the opportunity and better yourself, you just gave up? Are you a neet right now? Or have you changed?
When I was a kid, I didn't finish most of my games and also I used cheats whenever I could.
Ten years later I tried those games again and they weren't as hard as I remembered them and I think I took away a lot from myself by going that route. I was a dumb kid and you still sound like a dumb kid.

>you can inflate your headshots stat by knocking a guy out and then shooting him in the face over and over with the tranq gun
>he's still counted as alive and well even though he's got 800 doses of sedatives and the "lethal injection" function only uses four

Yes it should. More content is rewarded for getting better. That makes about as much sense as saying you'd prefer the game didn't ramp up the difficulty as you progress.

>president is black

that's an n-bombs joke, I think

>all male characters are useless

jonathan and elvis were cool, most of the missions relied on their support

>You mean use scripted nodes.

No, because that's wrong. Modern games script everything ahead of time without the use of nodes, expecting the AI to literally stand where it is placed and fire until the player kills them, and then afterwards, using simplistic AI with one or two nodes to direct them to either use that tree as cover until they die, or to just bumrush the player.

It's lazy and I use the term "prebaked" because it's fitting. The AI isn't actually doing anything most of the time.

Holy shit I forgot about the tranq gun. Perfect Dark had so many great weapons in general.
>Air Force One double wielding Cyclones with that slomo drug

Perfect dark is the best FPS of all time, period

the ammount of shit you could do in that game

i would literally give my arm for a HD port to steam with multiplayer

>they actually put a wallhack one-hit-kills weapon in the game, the absolute madmen

Hello WatchMojo.

fuck you if you disagree nigga

i think i spent like 10k hours in that game, jesus all the option you had

Who /flybywire/ here?

Holy shit, I missed this gun. I remember watching myself on my friend's screen when he had the farsight and having to juke his shots while making my way towards him. Such stressful bullshit/fun.

that exists on 360 and xb1

Video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

>game has great attention to detail
>follow up game has removed half the details

why

The trick when you get a Dragon is to not even use it

You just arm the self-destruct on it and put it right back down where you found it

I loved that gun. At that time I also watched Eraser for the first and loved rail guns.

Now I have to replay PD

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

It might be your favorite game then but that doesn't make it superior on the eyes of others, you should understand that.
A console FPS can't be best.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE GIRL

GET HAWR

the dragon was legit tho, it had decent dps and reloaded in almost half the time of the other assault rifles

PLUS IT'S GOT NO STYLE, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING?

Stop buying any Sony related shit. That's the reason the video game industry is cancer and why developers get away with making unfinished broken games with no detail.

Why does Joanna go from ginger to Japanese in the HD remake?

She looks British there.

Lots of games still does, like the Batman: Arkham series by Rocksteady.

Seems like is a british thing.

>used to think Cassandra was hot

Let's be honest here

It's hot what a cunt she is

Seriously. What did he mean by this?

Who was that guy? Was he referring to Joanna or the girl Joanna was disguised as?

>tfw she is 6'4

>cassandra death scream

>Skedar portrayed as dangerous
>you defeat an army of them

Cassandra's sacrifice was meaningless. She could have stayed behind Joanna or run with Joanna. The prison cell you two were in was huge enough for you two to juke them.

I think I liked the later missions less than the opening ones. They became more abstract and labrynthine as the game went on - the spaceship, the skedar planet, the deepsea vessel, the snowy tundra.

I loved the Datadyne 1 & 3, the Villa, the Pelagic, Air Force One, the Airport, Chicago and the Carrington Institute.

>that friend that charges at you with a Reaper set to secondary mode

Somebody mention technology?

>that music

fucking rare is always on point

Same here. The Skedar themselves were such garbage enemies compared to the regular guards earlier, there was no "fun" like the surrenders or the crotch shooting or the unnecessary tactical rolls

>still no mediafire/mega link to soundtrack

>youtube

>only thing fun about Skedar is that shooting the tail behind their head is a one hit kill

>low quality rips that sound horrible when played loudly or listened to with headphones on

we nicknamed him "the dentist"

he's also the one that found out you can abuse secondary mode to keep the reaper spooled and fire it at full speed instantly

This.

>Airport mission

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4r0QKwY18

How come security doesn't stop the plane from taking flight when there's clearly an intruder trying to board the plane?

Considering the plane already has the President on board their priority is probably just to GTFO as soon as possible when they hear the airport is compromised

More likely he meant that you strafe faster than you run. Learning the most efficient way to abuse strafe to cover distance was a skill on i's own

I was just thinking about the cheats, and iirc to get the invincibility cheat you had to beat Area 51 in less than 1:50 or something. I think my best was 2:01 and I couldn't think of a way to go faster. Anybody got the good cheats?

Let Jonathan volunteer to open the doors, then run up the steps while he's still talking to Elvis and hit the two consoles yourself. You can just tap B and turn them on while he would spend 10 seconds fucking around before they activate.

You're strafing through Perfect Dark you're probably a speedrunner. It's like playing a Metal Gear game without a single alert or kill. Sure you can beat the game in under 2 hours by ghosting, but it's not how the game is meant to be played casually. :)

I recall finishing all the achievements in the 360 version of the game. It wasn't quite as bastard-hard as I was expecting it to be. I actually enjoyed speed-running the game on Perfect Agent.

It was good that I could remember a great deal of the objectives from my childhood. When I started playing on Perfect Agent I had to figure out how to do some of the new objectives because I only ever played on Special or lower as a kid, and I could see why some people who were newcomers to the series would just be like 'fuck this arcane bullshit' when trying to complete objectives that don't give you an enormous deal of guidance.

user, I got all the cheats, and the invisibility one was given for completing the G5 mission in agent difficult in that time. You need to leave the camspy near the vent were the meeting room is, but without triggering the cutscene. Instead, travel to the vault and start the decryption of the door, and inmediatly turn on the camspy and trigger now the cutscene. The door timer will finish as you see the cinematic, soat the end of it you will find the vault door opened without wasting any precious mission time.

It's easy to add TECHNOLOGY to a game that doesn't render everything in HD.

Adding technology to modern games cost too much time and money. :C

Thanks for reminding me, they were the stuff of nightmares.

>kill all of them at once
>they all gang up on me, hunting me down like Terminators.

>shoot her hair
>she dies

>n-bombs

By far the greatest weapon in the game, just set those fuckers on pinball mode and watch the carnage.

She is British.

>dem boobs.

Retards would flip out about her design if she were created today.