>Dark souls
Pros: Best level design for first half
Cons: Insta-backstab meta, unfinished areas, overpowered poise
>Dark souls 2
Pros: Best PVP, largest amount of viable gear, best QoL improvements
Cons: Th ugliest graphics, unfished everything in general
>Dark souls 3
Pros: It looks better than Das2
Cons: No QoL improvements, grey, quality build or go home, linear world, only latin chanting music, boring bosses, etc
>Bloodborne
Pros: Best atmosphere, most fun gameplay
Cons: Short, small amount of gear

>das3
>best dlc
I'm sorry, but this first DLC was fucking garbage.

>DaS3
>boring bosses

kys nigger, DaS3 has the best bosses and the dlc has the best boss in the entire series. The only thing DaS3 did good are the bosses.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEnCz6goaB0

Both the cons you listed for Bloodborne were fixed by the expansion. You did play ToH right?

I swear I'm the only person who didn't think Tower of Latria was anything special, I kind of hate that that's the case too, I feel like I missed out

at least try

DS3 is my favorite because the controls are the most responsive and the hitboxes are actually decent
I also like the magic bar and being able to hold R2

>Dark Souls 3: most originality + best DLCs

What on earth.

i enjoyed bloodborne's bosses more than the ds3. with that said i havent played the new dlc for ds3

Demon's Souls: Best Innovation
Dark Souls: Best Revision
Dark Souls 2: Nothing
Bloodborne: Best Everything
Dark Souls 3: Best Variety

>people will fall for this

Literally can't make it any more obvious.

>Best Variety
what do you mean by this? There is no build variety and every area is a rehash or a direct reference to the previous titles. If anything Dark Souls 3 has the least variety out of all the titles

This honestly

no it really didn't you dumb shitposter

DS2>all

This is the only hobbygrade, made for gamers, game that properly captured the difficult to create atmosphere inherent in time displacement based stories.

The almost dream-like flow of the environment drastically changing from one area to the next perfectly captures the spirit of what a souls-like game is supposed to be - a walk in one's dream like childhood.

To top it off, they released a free graphical upgrade for the game when they didn't have to, additional story content, and absolutely free new enemy placements.

DS2, simply put, is like going for a fish filet and then receiving an additional steak for no reason other than out of charity and gamer-centric attitudes.

>Dark Souls 3
>most originality
This is bait and I'm still mad

Wouldn't all include DS2?

I'm not a big fan of it either. For me its all about shrine of storms. There's still no other area like it in any of the other souls games.

kind of sucks they removed bonfire ascetic. Some bosses I would have actually liked to refight.

I didn't think it was anything special but the way I felt about the game was that everything outside Boletaria was just a distraction. Valley of Defilement had it's moments though.

I see people bring up the lack of weapons etc. in bloodborne (which as someone else mentioned was fixed with the DLC) but the fact is that all of the weapons in that game are far more interesting than just about any of the offerings in the souls games, most all of the weapons in souls games are just allocated by their class type, with some stat adjustments and maybe 1 attack that's different from the rest if you're lucky. Bloodborne nails the "less is more" concept correctly, Dark Souls is bloated as a result.

you forgot bloodborne: best lore

bb has shit pvp tho

user said DS2 had best pvp

Demon's Souls: The original, the rest of the games refer back to this/arguably the best lore
Dark Souls:Best world design, only exception being Izalath
Dark Souls II:Best online features
Dark Souls III:Best mechanics and gameplay refinements
Bloodborne: Best PvE and weapon design.

>BB best atmosphere
I don't get it. How does having every environment look the same make it the best in this regard? I got sick of it real fast.

>Dark Souls has the best level design

Why do people love this shitty metroidvaniaesque level design so much? Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 do level design way fucking better.

lol 1-upped OP , nice one!

>Dark souls 2
best weapon variety. best build variety. best pvp.

>Dark souls 3: most originality
pffffffttttt HAHAHAHAHA
Dark souls 3 is literally just a giant throwback to DS1.

I agree except for the fact BB being the one with best lore and world.

Dark souls 3 and Demon's are linear in their nature. There are many times where looking in the background in Dark Souls that you get a sense of the rest of the environment you'll be exploring throughout the game (backdrop of demon ruins in blighttown, anor londo in the distance while in firelink shrine). None of the other games capture this, and makes the levels feel segmented. Dark Souls does all of this while having shortcuts placed in areas that feel like milestones and tie each area together.

>user, what is your most favorite area of Dark Souls?
>t-the Duke's Archives and the Crystal cave
>HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A TRASH TASTE

BB excels at those as well, lore is hard to objectively grade and I guess it depends on if you prefer dark fantasy or lovecraftian themes in your fiction. I prefer for former.

A consistent visual aesthetic leads to a better atmosphere overall than constantly changing areas. Anor Londo and the Crystal Caves for example could be from totally different games. If you're not in to that particular aesthetic it can get boring real fast though.

>DARK SOULS 3
>MOST ORIGINALITY

Do we live in two different realities? I mean I love DaS3, but c'mon these are straight up lies.

>every enviroment look the same
Not at all. Even the different areas in just Yharnam feel unique and interesting (ex. Old Yharnam with all the charred and smoldering ruins was still interesting and varied from Central Yharnam)

That linearity prevents us from having shit like Lost Izalith. The amount of polish that went into the level design for DeS, DaS3, and BB is incredible compared to the second half of DaS.

Yeah, you might get a sense of exploration and grand adventure, but at the end of the day that connectivity loses meaning when it's done sloppily and you run into 18 taurus demons and 27 dragon asses roaming around for some reason. Maybe I'm just not an immersion kind of guy, but I genuinely enjoy the "level to level" feel of the other games compared to DaS.

The dlc boss is the best in the series.

better than ludwig?

>Best DLC
>Not Dark Souls 2
Each DLC was worth the $10 and all had more content than the fucking $15 DaS 3 DLC with only 2 bosses. They even let you sample the DLC through summons.

If I hadn't gotten the season pass edition for $65 on gamesplanet I would've regretted it

Fact is that Dark Souls only has Izalath to fall back on as a bad area, but its heights (painted world, anor londo, sens, new londo ruins) have the ultimate blend of high fantasy and dark fantasy elements. DeS is instanced and segmented from the rest of its environments, DS3 by itself doesn't innovate and just takes (or simply reuses) the best parts of the previous games, Bloodborne comes the closest to recapturing what Dark Souls did correctly, I found the experience much shorter however, and chalice dungeons didn't offset for the reduced length of the game.

>when half the items are copypasted from previous games and only one dlc has released
I love DaS3 but come on, DeS takes the cake on originality since it literally is the original Souls
also DeS had atmosphere on par with or better than BB

Did you mistakenly switch Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3?

>Demon's Souls: Best Innovation
>Dark Souls: Best Revision
>Dark Souls 2: Best PVP if you ignore soul memory
>Bloodborne: High speed combat
>Dark Souls 3: Nothing

Bloodborne captures this cohesive world feeling well imo. You can see the windmills of forbidden forest and the upper cathedral ward building from cathedral ward, you can see the broken church where you fight Blood-starved beast from the second bridge in Central Yharnam, looking down from upper cathedral ward bridge you can see the church where you fight vicar amelia, and so many other cool little details. I know the nightmare realms seem disconnected but even then you can see the fishing hamlet ship masts in nightmare frontier and even the castle from the nightmare of mensis.

People like to hate on 2 but I had the most fun in pvp with that game.

no, he's full of it. It's a good boss but the second phase is shit and it doesn't compare to Ludwig (or even Orphan for that matter, imo)..

>filled with crystals assholes
>arrows spiking you from every turn
>dancing and buffing jerks teleporting around
>requires you to die/use a ring to prevent it
>fucking backtracking to free an npc after you find the key
>that freaking avelyn chest
>dead ends with nothing in them when you explore the upper parts of the library
>the annoying noise that the alarm makes
>seath is an easy fight, but there should have been a bonfire in the middle of crystal cave
>cutting the tail alone is a real bitch unless you manage it on the first stun

I guess the area looks nice and maybe I liked it at first, but I've kinda grown to dislike it. I even enjoy Tomb of the Giants more these days.

And yeah its possible to nitpick every area like this sure.

>The amount of polish that went into the level design of DaS3
I.. What.
No.
Let's break this down a bit.
>Tutorial area
Linear and fine, great layout honestly.
>Firelink
Also fine.
>High Wall
Also pretty good, a touch too horizontal, not vertical enough.
>Undead Settlement
Also good, but suffering from the same horizontal problem as High Wall in that it's sprawling, but has no verticality to it, which adds a layer of depth and consideration. (And the fact you can't do any fucking Plunging Attacks anywhere except like 3 ledges in the entire game)
>Road of Sacrifices
Sucks dick, including the Swamp, only benefit is the Watchdogs Summon area for a touch of PvP variety.
>Cathedral of the Deep
Has that verticality I was looking for, but then rips it away from you by having walls and too-tall falls gating more or less everything into a straight line, alright overall.
>Farron Keep
Swamps always suck.
>Catacombs
Just a hint of that third dimension in the room across the bridge and the hall of rats and wheels, bridge is a fun trick.
>Smouldering Lake
Really shit.
>Irithyll
Linear corridor of nothing.
>Anor Londo
Despite being a huge throwback to 1, this is still one of the best areas in the base game.
>Irithyll Dungeon
Only one room has any vertical space to it, being the Giant's Room, area overall is bland.
>Profaned Capital
I quite enjoyed this extra-short area, the Tower with the Bonfire was quite nice for dealing with Invaders and vice-versa, despite the utter devoid amount of it besides.
>Archdragon Peak
Bleh.
>Consumed King's Garden
Really short, but really pleasant for invasions.
>Untended Graves
Starter Area/10
>Lothric Castle
Now we're talking. This is a pretty good area all in all.
>Grand Archives
Suffers from the same problem as Cathedral sans a few bookcases you can jump onto.
>Railings and linearity, there's very little in the way of up or down except shortcuts
>Kiln
Justabossroomwithnothingelseunlikethefirstgame/10

>DaS3
>No QoL improvements
some user said this the other day and I still don't know what either of you mean by that
>grey
the boreal valley would like to have a word with you
>quality build or go home
my dex build worked out just fine, and seen plenty of variety through pvp
>linear world
definitely not nearly as connected as DaS3 due to warping being available at the start, but the individual levels have plenty of shortcuts and side paths to explore between bonfires
>only latin chanting music
that's basically the entire series
>boring bosses
a matter of opinion, but if Gwyn's firstborn riding in on a dragon didn't pique your interest something is wrong with you

repalying DaS3 for the dlc and there is a few areas that give that feeling, like the bit of bridge after vordt from which you can see the sunken cathedral, the wooded area with the flaming towers, and the church notgarlvinland is sitting in front of
plus from the top of the elevator where the stone demon is you can see the entirey of the forest and the flaming towers a bit closer, plus what I believe is lothric towering above everything else

How do you beat basilisks Sup Forums?

Im doing the new dlc on NG+5 and finding it tough

Someone pick a weapon for me to use through this, got one slab.

Also just got onyx blade after partying the fuck outta this npc, any good?

don't get hit

>Cons: Th ugliest graphics, unfished everything in general
I respect that you didn't do the whole "DS2 is shit in all aspects" thing. But I wouldn't say it's more obviously unfinished than DS1.

Where the fuck is that?

Your list is fucked beyond hell
>DeS
Best level design
Least amount of content
>DaS
Best World design
Wretched second half
>DaSII
Best PvP (counting the combat only and not the dogshit covenants, and also after numerous balance patches, but come on I have to try and give the game something)
All the bad things of DaSII of which there are many, I'll just say worst level design and worst bosses
>BB
Best DLC
Chalice Dungeons
>DaSIII
Most well rounded, which is a positive and negative in itself

Dark Souls 3: most originality + best DLCs

What are your top 3 hardest bosses?
3: Orphan of Kos
2: Pontiff Sulyvahn without a shield
1: Kalameet+Tail cutoff

Nice bait

Orphan of Kos
lmao2cat
I honestly can't think of a third thing

>>DeS
>Best level design
I'd put it on par with DaS3 in this regard, DaS3 map layouts are better, but the atmosphere feels flat on some areas (carthus, the jail and the profaned capital)

The room you first meet Seath in and you fight this naked dude. I just noticed only this year that you can actually walk up the stairs there. I think I sort of always expected the crystals to block the pathway or something.

Think there is a soul of a hero up there too.

>DaS3
>best Boss Fights

>Dark Souls 3
>most originality
>literally just DaS references and callbacks
>best DLCs
>Artorias of the Abyss and The Old Hunters are somehow worse than a 3 hour bland DLC

Finish the pattern

DaS
>muh world
Das2
>muh PVP
BB
>muh lore
DaS 3
>muh ____

>only latin chanting music

What about Dancer's theme?

Oh snap, I don't think I ever went back there in all my playthroughs.

Gameplay.

DS3 plays the best and people like to get salty and disagree with me for some reason.

If I had to pick one glaring thing,
>muh throwback
Honorable mention to
>muh host advantage

Dark Souls 2 had by far the most content, and for the most part excellent weapon and spell variety, as well as tons of good armor sets with auxiliary effects

>dark souls 3
>original
>most reused shit in the series
>every weapon is the exact same
>no build variety
>shortest DLC with the least content and practically no story elements

dark souls 2 would be regarded as one of the best games in existence if it wasn't clunkier than the rest, but that's on Bamco mostly

The things that piss me off the most in each game.

>Demon Souls
The awful PvP which atleast is dead
>Dark Souls
The broken matchmaking
>Dark Souls 2
Soul Memory making characterbuilding harder than it needs to be
>Dark Souls 3
Covenants being broken and that making me farm shit
>Bloodborne
Heal spam and Bullet spam PvP

>Covenants
I agree, I don't get how they could have fucked this up so hard.
>Dude, let's add a different matchmaking system to several covenants!
>Okay, and?
>It's based on the age of a person's Steam/PSN/Microsoft account, the newer it is, the faster they pop!
>That sounds terrible
>But then all the new people trying out the series for the first time will get the full experience instead of getting stuck in line waiting to invade!
>Okay.. And the effect on the older accounts who may want to enjoy it?
>Who cares? They'll eat our shit no matter what, so we just need to appeal to the lowest common denominator!
>If you say so.

>play 3's dlc after hearing all the bitching
>its exactly the same as every other dlc

really fella's?

DS3s gameplay is extremely restrictive and PvE is unbalanced as fuck.
There's much more annoying enemies that like to throw temper tantrums and nonstop combos than ever before and you have to sit back and wait while they scream their lungs out. And let's not forget having enemies literally teleport into you.
Weapon balance is also fucked, I played through the DLC today for the first time on three different characters and I had a significantly easier time on my first run with a straight sword compared to a halberd/spear run later or, god forbid, using magic on my other runs because it became really hard to track wolves or stunlock knights with heavier weapons
Movement and hitboxes are mostly on point though, I'll give you that.

>excellent weapon variety
Not with weapon movesets all being homogenized from DaSI so most weapons of the same type are basically skins with different damage numbers and the exact same moveset. Shit sucked. On top of that the movesets they did change from dasI were almost always for the worse. Looking at you, murakumo.
Also, the game being a clunky piece is certainly not bamcos fault. They are responsible for fucking over the entire DaSII world design and had them basically remake the entire game using already existing assets within 8 months, but the actual gameplay was completely on B-team.

>2 bosses

It's definitely not exactly the same.
In addition, the law of expectations.
>Is the last Souls game
>People thus expect it to be the best
>It isn't
>They expect the DLC to save it
>First one is comparable (with less bosses) to a Dark Souls 2 DLC
>For 50% more money
>And comprising half instead of one third of all DLC on offer

if there was 2 blue smelter demons to pad it out would you really be content with that?

Would be better than nothing, desu.

is amount of bosses how you justify a purchase? i guess 2 is by far the best game then.

In all honesty, they could have easily added an extra Boss or 2.
>There's only 2 of those snow-pit traps in the DLC
>Didn't have one drop you into a boss arena with a giant Corvian similar to Father Ariandel in size
>Did nothing with the fly monsters beyond literally 4 or 5 of them eating maggots on the Rot piles

>Dark Souls has 1 DLC with 4 bosses
>Dark Souls 2 has 3 DLCs with 3 bosses each but every third boss is either incredibly lazy or a rehash (Smelter 2.0, Cat 2.0 and Ganksquad)
>Dark Souls 3 will have 2 DLCs and the first one had two bosses

There is no issue,
The main problem for many people is that the DLC was just short with the levels being pretty open.
If you run through the wolves, soldiers and the crows the DLC is over in no time. And the bosses while being decently designed aren't all that hard for everyones SL120 character.
Maybe people expected another Fume Knight with 93% fail rate (Still the hardest boss according to Fromsoft stats) who keeps people busy for +15 tries.

>2 bosses

Yeah but all of them have multiple enemies at once and several phases. the final boss has THREE (3) fucking phases son.

If you think about it it really is:
>4 bosses
>5 different fights

>mfw i unironically liked 2
explain why 2 was bad

>Best DLC

lol

>Dark Souls 3: most originality
u wot m8

>Maybe people expected another Fume Knight with 93% fail rate (Still the hardest boss according to Fromsoft stats) who keeps people busy for +15 tries.

Yeah, we wanted just that. Maybe The Old Hunters only has 3 actual good bosses, but each of them is challenging enough to add more time to the experience.

Number of bosses generally indicates length, which varies, but the less bosses, the shorter it is, the lower the expectations.
2 bosses is far easier to quantify than the time spent, since some could rush through in under 20 minutes and others could spend 3 hours or more bumbling around first run.

>DaS2 is the most original in content and themes
>4chinks insist the other way around

Enjoy Ashes of A Dead Franchise

DS2 has much more unique novelty weapons that are also viable for PvE/PvP than the other games combined and aside from maybe 2 or 3 straightsword variants the common weapons behave differently enough.
I mean DS1 also has many weapons that share the same moveset
Even worse for DS3, because although they scrapped power stance in favor of weapon arts, many weapons actually still have the same moveset and there's only very few unique WAs