Terrible rhythm game

>Terrible rhythm game
>Split into sections for stupid gimmicks
>Worst soundtrack in a rhythm game
>Rehashed ideas from previous games
>Difficulty inconsistensy within the difficulty presets

Seriously, how can you say Senran Kagura Bon Appetit is a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Ad3z9O4ooo
polygon.com/2016/5/9/11646280/elite-beat-agents-2-keiichi-yano-interview-osu-tatakae-ouendan-rhythm-game
youtube.com/watch?v=tyGrXHtNiRg
youtu.be/o7KwJzPEY10
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

almost got me there buddy

Check my 4

almost baited

I was actually getting mad at a Sup Forums post for the first time until I finished reading that.
Nice job user. First time getting mad in 8 years on this shit hole.
I'm too drunk for this tongith

>there will never be a EBA 2

Bravo OP

>played this and both Ouendans today out of the blue
>tfw attempting to play them on my old, busted DS
>looking through all those replays

These games were not kind to my touch screen. At least I popped EBA in my 3DS and managed to perfect Born to Love You on Sweatin'.

I'll never get it
>Osu sells like hotcakes outside japan for a non localized game
>Decide to make a proper western version that sells bellow expectations

Where Nintendo's expectations too big, or people didn't dig the westernization of the cheering squad?

EBA is actually shit though

Do people actually think the songs are good? They are awful. If not for the gimmick theme nobody would have cared

The covers are good, but I'll give you Ouendan 1 having a better soundtrack overall.
But EBA is great, and I'm glad Ricky Martin didn't make it.

Best NDS game imo.

Well you’re walkin and a talkin
And a movin and a groovin
And a hippin and a hoppin
And a pickin and a boppin
Those bods are being bad
You better take a stand
You gonna wake up that thing in your hand
You’re looking all around
There is trouble to be found
Make sure when you find it you get to say it loud
Gotta code three
Need back up
Bring me
My bright red fluro jacket

>yfw

>Difficulty inconsistensy within the difficulty presets
Seriously? They can't manage the difficulty levels in their rhythm games either? That's almost a consistent theme with Senran Kagura games in general.

It's weird, but not as bullshit. There are hard songs that are easier that normal ones, and I'm not saying the easiest Hard v the the hardest Normal
Some sections in normal drive you crazy even knowing the patterns, but I breezed through some hard ones without much issue.

The difficulty in the mainline games is another can of worms that I'll never understand.

Here I was thinking this was going to be a bad bait thread.

Hats off, OP. I laughed.

7/10 good job op

HE'S FAT AND HE DON'T RUN TOO FAST

I'm not really sure when flashcarts on the DS really started being popular but I know there was a full year between Osu and EBA.

It's honestly really fucking sad how hard piracy fucked up the Wii and DS for everyone involved. It's a miracle that Xenoblade managed to sell 3 million copies somehow.

More so the DS really.

BUT HE'S FASTER THAN ME

He's not wrong about the worst soundtrack. I wanted to enjoy agent shenanigans, but jesus fuck, that music was just terrible.

I'd say Ghost trick takes that place for me but EBA was one of the most radical hames I ever player, taking both ouendans into account. Sad they never made a sequel for 3DS

Because I really like the voices of all the girls who sing.

>Walkie Talkie Man
Meh
>Makes no difference
Not a fan of rock songs but Okay
>Sk8er Boi
Nigga, this breddy gud for a normie song
>I was Born to Love You
Not my kind of groove, but you can't go wrong with Freddie
>Rock this Town
Breddy gud. Fits the theme, and it's a good alternate to the other songs in the list so far
>Highway Star
I liked this song
>YMCA
It's a good disco normie song. I'm actually surprised they got this song in
>September
It's a better disco normie song.
>Canned Heat
Jamiroquai isn't my kind of musician but this one has good groovy beat that you don't always hear from the radio during those times
>Material Girl
I liked Material Girl. It's a garbage pop song, but the lyrics are kinda cheeky
>La La
It's meh
>You're the Inspiration
It's a nice dadrock song when you actually sit down, which is what EBA managed to do
>Let's Dance
IT'S DAVID BOWIE, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS ONE
>The Anthem
It's a great song
>Without A Fight
It's a fun hype music
>Jumping Jack Flash
Even better
>ABC
You can't go wrong with this song
>Survivor
Destiny's Child songs are nice

I'm starting to smell an Sup Forums tier terrible taste here

Did anybody else have gotten thrown off by the sudden change in pace when they played Canned heat for the first time?

the songs are expensive as fuck. they got a god dang rolling stones song as their finale. thats not cheap. the riaa are greedy fucks

the commercial they used for the game was fucking ass to promote it
youtu.be/5Ad3z9O4ooo

Why did you think there would be agent shenanigans in senran kagura?

What songs would you want in an EBA2?

certain artstyles will completely kill any selling potential in games

You forgot Believe.

Sequel to Gitaroo Man when

Never
Now take more Karaoke games fag

SOME BOYS KISS ME SOME BOYS HUG ME

My friend had a code on his action replay for EBA that on the cheat selector menu thing, the name was just "Agent Spin dies" , and the code was really long and looked real.
He never showed me what it was.

Anyone have any idea?

Stupid OP, not even senranfags like Dekamori.

Ouendan 2 > EBA > Ouendan

i still need to scan this doujin

Had me going there, good show OP.

This, I'm a fucking idiot and I pirated plenty of shit for my Wii, shit must've been rampant. The hacking also ended up fucking it up in some way so it's hard to boot up.

Uncontrollable Urge - DEVO
Hey Ya - Outkast
The Distance - Cake
Here Comes Your Man - Pixies

Garbage pop song with a catchy beat.

You DO have to lower your standards to appreciate the track list, but it's not O2Jam-tier terrible

Unironically All Star.

YOU BET KID

RIP Codename STEAM

Hooked on a Feeling

>polygon.com/2016/5/9/11646280/elite-beat-agents-2-keiichi-yano-interview-osu-tatakae-ouendan-rhythm-game

>It's been nearly ten years since Nintendo and iNiS released Elite Beat Agents on Nintendo DS. The game, an English-language sequel to the Japan-only Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, was well-received by critics and quickly ascended to cult classic status among fans of rhythm games. While its predecessor got a sequel in 2007 in the form of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2, EBA wasn't as lucky, and to date, it remains the first and only game in the series to release stateside.

>Recently, we caught up with Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents creator Keiichi Yano — also responsible for the equally quirky, obscure and well-loved PlayStation 2 rhythm game Gitaroo Man — to ask him when, if ever, we'll see another game in the series.

>"I have a great relationship with Nintendo," Yano said, hinting that that the decision would lie more in Nintendo's hands than in his own. "I think, as with many of these types of games that have this following and at some point they come back, I think there will be a right time when it feels like [the series] should come back. A lot of times, the platform will dictate those kind of things."

>He continued, "You know, I think people have an idea of: "Well, y'know, if this game was on this platform it would be so perfect, and it could be like this!" I think those are the times when it's right to have that kind of a comeback.

>Yano ended his answer with a glimmer of hope for fans of Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan: "I'd certainly love to make another version of it, and hopefully it's on the next platform," he said.

links when

AGENTS ARE...
GOOOO

A lot of DS ads were subpar
youtube.com/watch?v=tyGrXHtNiRg

Now I actually want the Switch screen to be multi-touch
Although that wouldn't roll on TV mode

>tfw you played it after your dad died.

But a few were top tier
youtu.be/o7KwJzPEY10

Got any more of their models animated?

This game was way more hype than i expected it to be

>mfw ouendan 2 did it even better

Oh you fucking asshole.

>Only bought EBA because it was set up in a promo display
Glad I didn't miss out on it, still sucks we'll never get another.

I just finished ouendan 2 yesterday and I honestly still think EBA's major stories still easily top it

The ghost ballerina and re-lighting the sun somehow didn't feel as touching or unique because their execution was pulled directly from EBA, unlike how EBA itself innovated on what ouendan 1 set, the seccond game follows everything way too strictly and you already know exactly what happens

blues are still faggots

Which game? Because I don't know how you can say that to a game that has Let's Dance, I Was Born to Love You, Jumpin' Jack Flash, and Canned Heat in its setlist.

Please tell me there's one about EBA.

Fuck that second to last song in Ouden 2
Goddamn thing was fast enough where if you trip up once it's over.
Can we all agree OSU is shit thought? The game isn't right when it isn't on a touch screen.
Also fuck those user made beatmaps

Osu is fine, but it's somehow mechanically different from EBA and Ouendan in the sense that the circle approach and effective click / tap areas are far different from the DS games

I'd say the only real flaw Osu has is the overabundance of weebshit in the user made beatmaps and how hard it is to create quality maps. No one ever uses the storyboard function either so a lot of its potential charm is simply lost

first time definitely, didn't help that I'd never heard the song before
but it grew to become one of my favorites in the game because of the wacky offbeats

>when they show the person playing the game it is on easiest difficulty easiest song and only shows him waiting for 3 seconds to tap one button

Jesus Christ who approved this?

Insta-buy for me desu

Fire - Jimi Hendrix
Blue Monday - New Order
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
Billie Jean - MJ

Paint it Black, Fortunate Son and Watchtower for a three part finale.

Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
Squeeze - Up the Junction
Twenty One Pilots - Tear In My Heart
Huey Lewis & the News - The Power of Love
ABBA - Mamma Mia
Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild

And then for the big finale
Soundgarden - Live to Rise
Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky

>ELO
Twilight would work pretty good in EBA I think

>mr blue sky

Good taste. It's a great song with a final stretch that could really help the pacing and storyboard bits but I can't for the life of me think up a scenario that would fit the actual song

I'm not saying jumping jack flash vs ayyliuns makes sense but it's a song that gets you pumped and it just fits. If anything All Over the World would be more thematically fitting

>creator of ouendan and eba is the same man behind gitaroo man
how based can you get?