Best TV for PS4

About to buy this tv for new PS4. Is there a better alternative for under $200? It's going to be hooked up to 3 consoles.

walmart.com/ip/SCEPTRE-X325BV-F-32-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-Ultra-Slim-Metal-Brush-Bezel-MHL/25059349

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/samsungs-warning-our-smart-tvs-record-your-living-room-chatter/
amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478035518&sr=8-1&keywords=asus 144hz monitor
walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U435CV-U-43-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-60Hz-LED-HDTV-4K-x-2K/46867816
google.com/search?q=stopwatch&oq=stopwatch&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2414j0j4&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
amazon.com/Samsung-UN40KU6300-40-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1478035334&sr=8-12&keywords=4k&th=1
bestbuy.com/site/sony-43-class-42-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4801700.p?skuId=4801700
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just save and get a samsung.

60Hz minimum, low input lag, great visuals, low power, low price

you can only pick 3

nice price, enjoy your 84ms input lag

and which 3 is this

I honestly wouldn't play a console on anything under 42", but for under $200 that's fine.
If you can wait till black Friday though, could probably do better.

wait...you didn't have a 1080 tv when it came out

Just get a UHD550

only one: low price

Black Friday ads are starting to leak and 4K 43 inch TVs will be $299. Bad deal.

low power, low price, low input lag (32 in, smaller tvs have lower input lag in-comparison to larger)

You can buy used 1080 32" TVs for under 75. Don't overpay for garbage

Look it up yourself, but I fucking bet it's none of those except for low price.

You're buying a no-name brand for Walmart, you're going to get a shitty TV for a great price.

>Spending 5000$ on a 1080p in 1997

It has a 6.5ms input delay. Perfectly fine for gaming on.

Just buy a monitor

haven't had any luck with this

>buying a tv now when you can get them for dirt cheap during black friday

>spending under $500 on a new TV

Neck yourself

>Contrast Ratio - 5,000 :1
ouch

What county do you live in?

North East USA

get a monitor

black friday TV's are garbage don't kid yourself
practically a solid decade now they just put their least selling cheap models on sale to move the units and laugh as people are trampling each other over them and being unable to return them when they see all the dead pixels from the low quality boards

"32 and multiple hmdi is difficult to find

Get a sony TV.
Samsung admitted that record their customers.
cnet.com/news/samsungs-warning-our-smart-tvs-record-your-living-room-chatter/
OLEDs look great but low life span high costs and motion blur cause OLED to be a poor choice for vidya.

Dont fall for the black friday meme. the really cheap models are shit made just for black friday.

1-2 HDMI ports
60hz max
55"
Insignia tier back panel(3+ years outdated)
break down fast
often have dead pixels

LOL source?
Also everyone saying get a monitor are fucking retards.

Get an HDMI switch. Problem solved.

In the pdf of the manual

I am looking for a new screen so i can play rhythm vidya
are there any general things i should look out for like less than 10ms delay or similar?

why is a monitor retarded, it is 6.5 btw

Source? HDR?

How bad is that?

I've got an Element tv/monitor. Was $100 or so. Did I dun goof'd?

seconded

I have this exact TV, for my Wii U, PC, and Vita TV, along with a YPbPr PS2. Its looks great, however the stand is shit, its wobbly and it is tilted to the side that everything is plugged in on because that side inevitably becomes heavier. Sceptre has a 4k TV for $260 iirc, with 4 HDMI inputs and is 40+ inches, get that over this, it also has two legs at its ends to prevent wobble

get a monitor m8

wait
>About to buy this tv for new PS4.
>new PS4
>1080p tv
>you are going to spend 600$ on a console that wont benefit you in the slightest
>not to mention, you could just buy a pc for nearly the same price.
>or buy a xbox one scorpio which is objectively better in performance.

144z 1ms is nice for OSU

amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478035518&sr=8-1&keywords=asus 144hz monitor

>DUDE COME ON JOIN LE MEMESTER RACE AND BUY A PC ALREADY FUCK DUDE
cringe

did OP ask if he could get a shitty port machine? no he wants a tv.

Own a PC. This is my first time buying PS4. My console TV broke a little bit ago so it needs to be replaced anyways.

>Buying anything monitor related other than DELL
Sure if you like crappy looking screens.

He didn't ask for amazing picture. It's fine if you do the color tweak.

Found it OP

walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U435CV-U-43-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-60Hz-LED-HDTV-4K-x-2K/46867816

That is a far superior Sceptre TV, if you are looking for a cheap thin big screen get that over the 32in. Or just get something else that someone may have suggested in this thread

but he also points to Xbox not just Master Race.
buying a great TV is good because you can use it as a monitor and for your consoles as well.

TVs suck though, they have objectively worse picture quality than monitors.

Is 6.5ms too slow for MP games ?

No its not, thats shorter than most peoples internet latency to the server anyway

google.com/search?q=stopwatch&oq=stopwatch&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2414j0j4&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

>$383 for this
amazon.com/Samsung-UN40KU6300-40-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1478035334&sr=8-12&keywords=4k&th=1

What do you guys think?

samsung is usually decent and $400 for 4k isn't that bad

Thus why i said get a great one. dont get a shitty cheap one and expect it to do as good.
LG (non OLED)
Sony
Samsung(if you are OK with being recorded)
these are your choices for good TVs that have 120 hz +4k at larger sizes that look and feel better than a small monitor.
if you want to be a cheap ass go with Vizeo. their panels are shit but they are better than the rest of the middle ground.

how do i know these things?
top selling in Magnoalia for 3 years running in Nor Cal.

What's a good TV if I just want 1080p without the useless "smart" shit?

>6300
no.
one. 4k under 43" is pointless
two. it has 60hz. you will notice the lag and motion blur if you play any games that are not slow.

just get a monitor m8 if it's gonna be at your desk, or just a cheap vizio tv

dont exist any more. the manufactures but the smart shit in all of their good TVs.
go find a plasma.

Testing

OP Here.

> Not buying a monitor, too expensive and too small
> Not doing Black Friday, its a sham
> Tv has to be 32" +
> $300 is the absolute most I would consider, but I'm probably going to settle for $150-250
> Don't care about smart tvs
> Don't care about more than 60hz
> Don't care about 4k that much, might go for it if the deal is amazing
> I'm ok with getting a HDMI switch
> haven't found any good used tvs

I have the exact same cabinet

See my posts then

Saw it earlier and saved the link. No one seems to be a fan of that brand. I'm just trying to adress everyone here at once.

ah, I admittedly had never heard of the brand either. I took a gamble going with them and am satisfied

>> Don't care about more than 60hz
pleb as fuuuck
here is what you do.
go to best buy in January or right after the super bowl.
they will have a ton of "Open Box" items that they will be willing to make great deals on because they need it off the floor for new product coming in soon after the super bowl.
just make sure to have them check the screen for scratches and dead pixels BEFORE you buy.
i got this mother fucker
bestbuy.com/site/sony-43-class-42-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4801700.p?skuId=4801700
for 299.99 from open box after the Olympics.

sounds great, except I don't want to go how ever many more months w ithout a working tv

Thanks anons i got something as a base to look out for now
been using an old ass samsung so i am clueless over how the whole monitor stuff works

do it now and get a cheap one for like 100$
and upgrade to a better one during the super bowl.
use the cheap one as a second monitor after.

think of it like this as well.
the cheap small brands are not just lower visual quality but the quality of the hardware they use is subpar as well and cause them to break down faster.
do you want to buy another Tv 3 years or 10?

This is the best example of the cancerous pc base.
Do you know how obnoxious, annoying & irritating you are? Fucking kill yourself, I mean it.