Which faction are the good guys the Imperials or the Stormcloaks?

Which faction are the good guys the Imperials or the Stormcloaks?

Neither, they both suck.

>side with the power hungry thalmor puppet or the only force that can oppose the dominion
Hmm

Stormcloaks.
Either side winning is a boon for the Thalmor, so it doesn't matter in the long run.

The imperials represent a stronger united front against the real Thalmor threat.

Stormcloaks are right but they can't beat the Thalmor.

Also The Dragonborn is the rightful heir to the Empire.

Why in the series of letting you become leader of every faction, could you not make yourself king/queen of skyrim?

imperials are cucks

For the same reason that you're a fabled hero of legend with no less than 6 other guys who can do everything you can do.

There's no threat of a Thalmor invasion of Skyrim in the next century so it's irrelevant.
All that matters is the fall of the Empire--and they're severely weakened when Nord troops are out of the picture.

skyrim's not a faction. it's at war.

Will ES6 be about a Thalmor invasion of the world or will it be forgotten about.

they are both completely irrelevant. Honestly it boils down to do you want to kill manlet imperials or burly nords.

the stealth archers

It will be skyrim 2.0 but set in Hammerfell

resolved in a book

Stormcloaks are doomed no matter what because Ulfric fucked up and abused the Voice.

Any Nord that abuses it will eventually be punished. This is a pretty fucking common theme.

He was probably getting his ass handed to him by Torygg like a fucking milk drinker and had to shout in order to not get butchered.

I laugh, but it hurts inside

This is actually the only thing about the game's writing that isn't shit.

It could be the reverse.By the time Tes6 roles around the Nords/Imperials/alik'r could have invaded Sumerset,deestroed the dominion and be hunting the altmer to extinction.

The main conflict could be about choosing between the remaining thalmor trying to protect the isles and the genocidal humans.

>it's the equivalent of 2 pages double spaced

it'd be great to shit on Skyrimbabbies

It's the only part that COULD have been good.

They then proceed to never expand upon it, and it has absolutely no impact on anything that happens.

Sounds like Bethesda writing to me.

Neither.

Both of them need to fuck off back where they came from.

That's not a conflict. Fuck the Thalmor, I'd gladly hunt them down as long as razing a village was a feature. I want to burn down their houses and blow up their shit like they were the Vietcong in the 60's.

That is because Bethesda literally cut almost all the Civil War content due to a combination of incompetence in proper implementation and trying to meet that gimmick 11/11/11 release date.

There is a hackjob of a mod out there that restores most of the cut Civil War content and its a pretty small mod in terms of file size.

I hope this is true. People who just want the next game to be a sequel to Skyrim are morons.

>Bethesda cut content
Of course they did. Has there been a Bethesda game released since morrowind that didn't have a significant amount of content cut?

BUT MUH THALMOR, MUH EMPIRE, MUH STORMCLOKS

What's the point of lore if it just gets forgotten and ignored with every new game?

There's a difference between lore and a single story.

Let's be brutally honest. People who want a sequel to Skyrim are going to want their choices in the war to have mattered, and that will never fucking happen. You just know Bethesda is going to retcon it in a way that makes both sides inconsequential to whatever happened afterward.

>protect the elves
>genocidal humans

All this generic bullshit
Thank god you don't work for bethesda, their crappy games would be even worse with your contributions

I guess Lore in Skyrim was pointless then cause it mostly ignored Oblivion and Morrowind in it's story, right?

This. That was a horrible idea user. It sounded like utter shit and you should be ashamed of yourself. You'll never earn a job as an idea guy.

Fuckin GOT'EM

(You)

>Let's be brutally honest. People who want a sequel to Skyrim are going to want their choices in the war to have mattered, and that will never fucking happen.

Neither side completely wins no matter how you play. There is always either Legion or Stormcloak camps left over.

The neutral story would be that the fighting went both ways and both Ulfric and Tullius were killed at different points. Then the war is ended by outside events, with both the Legion in Skyrim and the Stormcloaks going out to fight the Elves together.

>implying I need to respond to my own posts
>implying I'm the only one who thinks user posted something absolutely retarded

Stormcloaks are controlled opposition. The Thalmor want them to win.

There's a book about how the summerset isles got fucking ravaged by the oblivion crisis and all the cool elves died. Then the thalmor lied about saving them all with the moon or something and that's why they're in power in the first place.

So there's that.

>Stormcloaks are controlled opposition. The Thalmor want them to win.

The Thalmor don't want the Stormcloaks to win. They want the war to continue for as long as possible. A free Skyrim under High King Ulfric would be just as bad for them as a united Empire.

Do you think King Ulfric would just sit idly by while the Empire fights the elves? It would shame the Nords for him to do so.

>King ulfric
Fuck that would be fucking awful, both for the game world and the real world.

Ulfric would just say some yarn about how the Thalmor are too scared of the Nords to invade Skyrim and that the Thalmor are the Empire's problem now. The Thalmor have some degree of influence / control over Ulfric and he might even be a Thalmor plant.

The empire is easier for the Thalmor to deal with if it's broken up and they're fighting among themselves. A united empire is a bigger threat to the dominion than one that is fragmenting.

This.
It's not even a new thing in TES lore. Google "warp in the West" and "dragon break," nerds. Already happened in Daggerfall, it'll happen in Skyrim.

Neither is good, but Imperials are the objectively better choice.

The Kajiit assassins.

I chose the guys with cooler armor, also they were the guys trying to execute me, the officials around Skyrim from what I could see at the start.
I'm a loyal citizen and will slay some stormcloak terrorists for the Empire!

I hope the Thalmor win the war and deal with the Towers but find out it was all meaningless and the Towers were all powerless and provided no means to their apotheosis. Then the Thalmor collapse after internal dilemmas and the world is in medieval chaos.

>Ulfric would just say some yarn about how the Thalmor are too scared of the Nords to invade Skyrim and that the Thalmor are the Empire's problem now. The Thalmor have some degree of influence / control over Ulfric and he might even be a Thalmor plant.

He's not a plant. He is an unknowing asset. He's not working for them, they just released him after they judged that he would inadvertently do something that would advantage them.

The Nords are more powerful when they are fighting for Skyrim. People fight harder and longer when they fight for their nation and people.

I can't see the Nords staying out of the fight against the elves. Ulfric would be ruling all the moderate and formerly Empire supporting Nords too, and they would put pressure on Ulfric from the inside. It would be shameful for the Nords to not join the fight. It would be easy to rouse them to the fight. Just remind them of Ysgrammor.

Ulfric in charge would just mean that the mobilization would take a little longer.

>the only force that can oppose the dominion
>is somehow the same force who got cucked into submission by them

whoa

>I chose the guys with cooler armor

Neither of them have particularly cool armour. It's one of the first things I modded.

Ulfric is a scumbag who cheated in what was supposed to be a fair fight against the king, and the king was his friend. Ulfric is a traitor of the worst kind.

Reminder that nords are the nignogs of the TES setting.

> tartan.
Funfacts; tartan clothing was originally native to all of the British isles. The fashion was supplanted by Mediterranean styles with the influx of Norman and later French ruling families.

The next TES game will be the big climax, you fight the Thalmor, solve the grand enigma of the Elder Scrolls and chose between destroying the scrolls, control or use them to synthesize all races together.

Neither. I never got involved in the main story of that """"""""game"""""""". It literally only exists for mods.

Yeeeeea riiiight, no way you'll be able to play at the end with all the races synthesized

How did he cheat?

He didn't, he was cheap. And Torygg wasn't his friend, but he was an Ulfric admirer.

My favorite thought about the civil war is how they left all the assets there in the finished product.
Like those strategic tables with the flags that can be in a way interacted with.

He used the voice.

So does that mean the dragonborn using the voice is cheating?

In a fair fight by old Nord rules? Yes, it would be cheating. You can't shout during fist fights in the game either.

What mod lets me wear one of these roman helmets with masks?
I like the whole *fighting a living statue* thing, but the dwemer helmet is kind of ugly.

cloaks = trump
imperials = clinton

wtf I love the cloaks now

Wtf i hate cloaks now

it sucks that they cut out the option to double cross them both. the deception double/triple agent questline seemed fun.