What made Nostalrius-WoW better and more popular than the hundred private servers before it and during it's reign?

What made Nostalrius-WoW better and more popular than the hundred private servers before it and during it's reign?

It wasn't until the last 3 months before they closed it down when they finally managed to get Charge working without having you fall through the ground. There were many better private servers to invest your time in, so why did people still go with Nostalrius?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478051022287.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because as shit as it was, it was still less shit than the rest of them.

>There were many better private servers to invest your time in

Name one.

As long as it had the most players that's what people were going to play, even if better options existed.

stable servers
tight scripting
good community

but above all that marketing

You think you do, but you don't

Dalaran-wow comes to mind and Molten-wow

This. Having played a couple of other promising legacy servers, I can tell you that Nost was a lot more stable, ping wasn't bad, scripts were a lot more polished, and the community was there.

>Molten-WoW

ayyy lmao

>get into private wow server first time
>a bunch of weird vendors right at the first leveling zone
>selling some stupid shit you buy for real money on their site
>its all garbage and ruins your immersion immediately

Private servers have never been good in my experience, always cocksucker GM's and stonewalled cliques of furries and faggots

pic related is the only reason I wasn't able to play real WoW, now I have plenty to drop on it but so little time its not even worth it and its years of appealing to casuals is showing now more than ever and even the real community is garbage

Nostalrius was shit because Vanilla is shit.

It launched at the right date and time.

Blizzard to nost cucks: Nothing at blizzcon sorry ;)

It's over lads. give up.

>vanilla was shit
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478051022287.webm

We deserved nothing less than what we got ;_;

Overwhelming population.

"I never played on Nostalrius or Elysium but i posted anyways" - The Post

(You)

Nostalrius experience was actually pretty fucking bad technically because there were 10k players on one server. Regular lag spikes, spawn distances reduced to 10 feet, etc. They seriously should've opened a second server very early on to reduce the load.

If you didn't play on WoWbeez, you are a pleb.

>first server to be able to host 10,000+ active logged in players without the server crashing every 5 minutes
>free

there is your answer.

Kronos was better

Kronos can't even do deadmines properly
I dread to think how the raids are

also the chinese fucking up entire server economy. good luck harvesting anything because spawn rates were not changed until much much later. really, in hindsight, who could've expected it would've become so huge? I'm pretty sure they'll know better now if they decide to remake it.

it's pretty clear now blizzard just stalled it all to release legion and legacy servers are never happening