I'm in the mood for an RPG where I can customize and go my way

I'm in the mood for an RPG where I can customize and go my way.

I don't care about the gameplay or graphics, all I care is to make my donut steel. What are some good RPG that let me do that, on PC if possible?

Do you mean visual/cosmetic customization or gameplay element/mechanical customization?

I would say MMORPGs generally have the biggest focus on character cosmetic customization. Asian games with heavy microtransactions in particular offer tons of cosmetic options to make your character a special snowflake.

If you're looking for crunchy min/max style customization, all the D&D RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and especially the Neverwinter Nights games offer a lot of options for character class and skillset customization. More recently I've played Divinity Original Sin and Underrail which both have lots of stat development options as well.

>where I can customize and go my way
How much and how far are we talking about here?

Cosmetic costumization is nice and all but most of the time that shit doesn't mattter when you get to wear some helmet or cloak.

I'm looking for something that lets me make a big ass dude warrior with giant weapons in one run and then a stealthy mage in another or something. Something like skyrim (but actually properly executed) or Dragon's dogma, but come again I don't care about the gameplay style or the graphics.

I would say to keep MMOs out of these, as for balance sake they usually homogeneize everything to the point where each class just does the same with different animations and effects.

Shadowrun games. Also, look up to upcoming titles.

Does Pillars play like Diablo and Path of Exile? I never really could get into those games. Endless grinding to grind higher level maps ad naseum

No, it's more like Baldur's Gate. Turn based, meticulous, party management, etc.

Nah, it's an CRPG in real time where you can stop time whenever you want to organize and move your party around.

Wait for thick.

Try Witcher 3. It even has good graphics and gameplay.

I wish we got more well developed customization based games that weren't CRPG shovelware these days. At least there is Divinity 2 to look forward to, but for the love of me I can't understand the hype for things like Tyranny. It just feels like such a mashup of clunky and outdated everything.

>customize a character
>have to choose a portrait
>none of them matches your character
I am hyped for Tyranny, tho. Carefully hyped.

I feel like witcher is less than an RPG and more an action game with number and levels on it. You can also buy weapons, armor and other upgrades in AC games and I wouldn't call them RPG.

Did anyone else find the combat in Pillars as god awful as I did? I'll admit the rest of the game is super fun, but it seems the action is the part I couldn't get past.

Is tyranny the same way?

>Witcher 3
>Customization

You know, if you look past the fact your motherfucking character is Geralt, you dense cunt.

more games need shadowrun's system of matching portraits to models

>for balance sake
I don't even see the point. RPGMMOs are not competitive games and those that try to be fail utterly. Disappoints me every time I try a new RPGMMO and the classes just end up being locked into the usual trinity design, but with each class also having small elements of the trinity within it so that the game can be soloed with each.

I would like an MMO that just gives me a world and just lets me play in it. If I want to be a healer that just knows the spell "lay on hands" and have that shit leveled to infinity so that I'm a fucked up glass cannon healer I should be allowed to do that. If I want to be a fisherman that sneaks into the deadliest parts of the world just to catch fish and sell them, I should be allowed to do that. All the games I've played recently are completely combat focused with no, or very little, auxiliary content. There's even no point in exploring the game worlds as they are nothing more than monster pens.

It's a Polish Zelda game.

Then it's not an RPG. Zelda is a good adventure game, not an RPG.

I honestly can't wait for the next Shadowrun game when they're done with Battletech. BHS probably learned a lot from the trilogy and now they'll be much more comfortable with Unity engine, especially since it's been updated.

PoE is utter trash.

If you want a stealthy mage you could dual class in Baldur's Gate I suppose.
There's a lot of replayability

Sadly it seems the only two that ever attempted to go away from the most standard RPGMMO practices turned into ARPGMMO's - it being Black Desert and Guild Wars 2 - and both tanked on the long run out of complete incompetence in how to be "creative", where Black Desert gives you all these sandboxing elements only to lock you out of everything remotedly interesting behind a terrible, linear storyline (seriously who thought this was a good idea?) and a horrible character creator with the messiest, most garbage classes I have ever seen (Wizard and Witch are the same except they have two slightly different spells except they then get entirely different ascensions which are released years later and may very well entirely fuck up your character? Again. Who thought this was a good idea?)

And then Guild Wars 2 just altogether had no idea what it was going for, and it continued to never wrap its head around what it wanted to be, and when it tried to go back to a more trinity element by back peddaling some classes into healers, people just exploited the hell out of it because the game is fucked from the base and everything but money grinding or waiting for the next living world is entirely and completely pointless.

I think there's a chance you might actually like ESO

What makes it trash?

It looks a hell of a lot better than most RPGs that come out nowadays.

Baldur's Gate 2. it's just the best

>mfw Dungeon Rats comes out in couple of days

W-what about some good r-romance?

dragons dogma

>age of decadence dungeon crawler
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

HE CAN HAVE A BEARD PLAY WITCHER 3 IT'S THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS

Witcherfags are the lowest.

well yes, it's kinda alpha protocol and witcher 2/3.

I'd rather have Wizardry 8 character creation with personality/voice system .

funny you should ask user, I am in the middle of playing a riveting RPG at the moment. It's called Skyrim Special Edition.

You can be literally anything, even a stealthy marksman!

I'm having so much fun playing this game, it's almost as good of an RPG as Fallout 4!

>I don't care about the gameplay or graphics, all I care is to make my donut steel.
Skyrim seems like your best bet.

or DA system of just using the model as the portait, you could just slap a "painted" filter over it too if you want it to look less like a floating head

What's the one with the guy in the gas mask?

Is it anything like Skyrim?

I was very upset with how much freedom of play was removed compared to Oblivion (I never played Morrowind). The magic was the biggest disappointment as all of it was combat focused. Where were the spells that let me interact with the environment in different ways? Removing spell customization was also fucked up.

Nah, 3D portraits seriously never look good compared to actual drawn ones.

I don't know if you could stand it but it sounds like you're searching for Fantasy Life for the 3DS
You can have 12 different vacations, from mercinary to farmer to fisherman.

Vocations, friend.

Sorry, autocorrect on my phone.
Anyway, there are nearly no comfy RPGs where you can just live the life of a beggar as well as fisherman. What comes to mind is a series called The Guild, in which you can build a dynasty. Their games are a mix between an economy simulation and an RPG set in medieval times.

I really love RPG games
my problem is when i get home from work
i want to play VG and relax
i dont like quests in games or leveling up
do you know any RPG games with out all the LU and quests
i know they wont be good but i dont care

>if you could stand it
But Fantasy Life is a good game?

Anyways I don't know if I'd call it an RPG or at least one like OP wants. It's closer to Rune Factory/Harvest Moon in my eyes.

About to start Neverwinter Nights 2 playthrough with a friend soon, base game and expansions included. What am I in for? Any mods I should pick up?

Terraria?
Harvest Moon games?
Witcher 3 and just play Gwent?

Fantasy life on 3ds

It's a good game but judging from the OP, he may not appreciate the artstyle of the game. I think what he wants is a Second Life mixed with a traditional MMORPG or Harvest Moon mixed with Oblivion.

Get the mod that gives you an auto-buff item, a mod for bigger text on screen and maybe Kaedrin's class mod if you want more flavor.

MotB is the RPG of the decade

You'll find love one day, Toad. Don't rush it.

OP here. I only played Fantasy life for a couple hours, it gave me some big Animal crossing comfiness feels, but at that time AC was already strong on me so I dropped the game.

I'll give it another try tho what I'm looking for right now is something more focused on tthe exploration and combat part.

Xenoverse 2
Come play Fashionball.