Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cajpoQCN_ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=sodfIVM2ZpU
squarebd1.wordpress.com/rumoured-business-division-1-projects/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anime

HD sucks, just emulate it.

curious, why do you say that?

fun game, probably my favorite combat in any main title FF game. always keep every aeon of yunas in overdrive for cheesing boss's, switch characters in and have defend so you dont have some guys under leveled and have to use them later on

Too many minor changes in both graphics and audio, the HD is not even really that great either. Also buying an old PS2 game at a PS3 price is just Square openly trying to ripoff it's customers. And X-2 is just plain bad.

By the way, can you tell which is the HD and which is emulated?

Is there a way to switch to the old models on the hd version?

X is very linear, is about 75% cut-scenes and the characters are annoying, X-2 has the best gameplay of the series and cute girls.

>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

>FFX-2.5. Yuna and Tidus are shipwrecked on an uninhabited island. A bomb there, disguised as a blitzball (most likely left over from, you know, war), kills Tidus. Yuna beckons him from the farplane- which is a new concept introduced here in 2.5. Beckoning is like when the cast remembered their loved ones at the farplane in FFX, except it actually brings them back. Nothing else is elaborated on about it. We do not know how it works. It is mentioned that the island housed an unsent summoner from Zanarkand's days of prosperity. Nothing else is elaborated on this subject. After Tidus returns, he is NOT who he was before, in enough of a way for Yuna to leave him.

>FFX - Will - happens. Tidus lives in Bevelle. Yuna witnesses creatures (like the now-extinct Shoopuff) returning from the farplane, fully alive. Not unsent, not as fiends, not as memories realized by pyreflies, but as living, breathing, thinking, feeling, remembering people. At one point, she calls Tidus her boyfriend. At another, she is jealous of his new friendship with a woman in Bevelle and pretends to break up with him, poorly. "I already have a new boyfriend anyway!" kind of thing. She's mostly trying to protect him- because she knows he'll try to help solve this problem, and he's still visibly/notably injured from when he died. Yuna sets off to fix this problem, because by the way Sin is also being summoned in some way, now that the Farplane is unstable. Tidus sets off behind her, wanting to always be by her side like he promised. Presumably this would lead into X-3, where their rocky relationship is fixed, the unstable farplane is fixed, Tidus' revival is explained, his altered personality is elaborated on/explained, the unsent summoner is elaborated on/explained, and the concept of beckoning is explained.

thoughts?

None. You gotta suffer those shit models and their poor newly arranged soundtrack. I do not understand. Kingdom Hearts HD had tons of effort to make it look good and not fuck anything up while providing the definitive versions of all of their games which was Japan only for a long time. Meanwhile X got fucked hard and claims they added more content when it was actually based on the International version which can be easily emulated. What the fuck, Square?

Embarassing fag shit retard garbage.

The one on the right is the HD collection, and it does look slightly better. Emulation looks really good too, but not everyone has a pc that good.

>and their poor newly arranged soundtrack.
Only in the PS3 version.

Shit.

>cute girls

I do not like Paine, she's a OC dount steel turbo dyke. Yuna would be 10x better if she didn't talk. Rikku is still the best though.

>gameplay

Eh, constantly switching jobs is cool but it gets annoying after a while. The fanservice is alright though. It's honestly not worth a buy. There's better fanservice games out there and better JRPGs with non tedious gameplay.

I feel bad for PS3 players then.

Besides the eyes, the pic on the right looks much better.

Great fun game with an amazing soundtrack, and the best gameplay in the series.

the 'hd' version was done by the same chinese studio who did the batman update

The worst way to play the game. Seriously, the remaster is god awful.

>Every character model look worse
>Character animations are all significantly worse, they look like lifeless dolls
>The FMVs are cropped
>The environment textures look worse
>The music is worse and in the PS3 version you can't change it
>Still can't skip cutscenes

The only good thing was X-2 being the international version which wasn't in English and some of the 2d backdrops were improved(but at the same time they're cropped so it's a double edged adjustment).

Best stick to emulation.

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU

Watch opening bit where Otherworld plays, then shut it down and tell yourself you paid $40 for a really short FF movie.

On the powerhorse computer we all have.
Emulation's "easy," but it doesn't come cheap at that level.

you can emulate it on a windows tablet, toasters work too.

you don't even need ram or a gpu.

Why is Lulu's overdrive so bad?

The moment Yuna learns the black magic spells Lulu is just pointless.

At least Kimahri has mighty guard.

Do yourself a favor and just emulate FFX International or at least play PC version as it gives option to speed it up.

I don't remember Yuna ever getting black magic spells

With expert grid yuna and lulu's paths are very close to each other. Grabbing black spells as yuna is easy. I think basic ones don't even require any locks.

>ever
Nigger what. Every character pretty much gets everything.

whats wrong with the remaster in the webm?

it looks loads better

advanced sphere grid and you put her on lulu's path

The second part is remaster. The model has less polygons and the textures are worse. Her eyes also have no soul(they barely move) and her cheeks no longer puff during cutscenes.

FFX was actually my first RPG.

if a boss is giving you trouble, charge your aeons overlimit meter before the fight and blast it

Blitzball aka the best minigame to ever be bestowed upon this earth.

we agreed never to talk about this.

Is X's linearity an inexcusable black mark against the game or merely necessary due to the whole 'pilgrimage' angle it took?

The game was pretty good before it got all grimdark

youtube.com/watch?v=cajpoQCN_ZE

necessary due to the whole 'pilgrimage' angle

it was never even a bad thing, the hate for the game is so overrated.

You mean the second island of the game where Sin genocides that village?

>getting waka overdrives
>getting his celestial upgrade
>never use him
blitzball a shit, why there was no speedup button or at least let me to throw matched the second they begin

I say it fit the theme, same as no villages/towns later on as you go to place of literal death. Still, they could've made it more open world and fit town earlier. Or at very least let you explore capital.

I think it was necessary, it worked well because even though it was linear all the maps were interesting, even if it was just characters on the side of the road who were basically lore dumps

It's an excuse for terrible game design.
Similarly, it's the calling card of Motomu 'games should be like films' Toriyama.

How could X's story have been improved?

>see entire village get destroyed
>many dead
>perform solemn sending ritual
>continue on world-saving pilgrimage
>"EY LETS GO PLAY SOME BLITZBALL YA?"
I could not take FFX seriously, from the complete mess that was Tidus' whiny character, to constantly having to rely on the 'Yuna gets kidnapped!' twist, to Seymour's design in general.

Remove Tidus.

it dose kinda make sense. people want to forget the pain and sorrow and blitzball was a way to do that.

cant be emo all the time.

I think one of the main problems with Tidus is that his big personal problem has no real weight to it.

Cloud's status as a Sephiroth clone was a major deal in 7 and had massive implications to the story. Squall's connection to Ellone was less important for story purposes so much for unraveling his character and why he's such a loner prick. Zidane's reveal was also a big deal similar to Cloud's only slightly less impactful on the villain's plot. These all perform a real purpose in the storyline and work as a sort of mystery that unravels.

Tidus' daddy issues are made plain from the start and ultimately it's NOT FUCKING IMPORTANT. It doesn't matter at all that Tidus hates his dad. If anything it seems that the writers hated Tidus too and just wanted the story to repeatedly shit on him by flashing back to his childhood. It serves no real purpose or resolution to anything.

They explain this quite explicitly. There's also no rush at all, if anything rushing would have cracked Yuna's will.

For the people, yes, but for the people who are charged with bringing the calm? If I were the high summoners, I'd demand Yuna get new guardians who don't fuck around.
And what about Tidus, who prior to that had never seen a corpse in his life? He never had to grow up with the looming threat of Sin.

>And what about Tidus, who prior to that had never seen a corpse in his life? He never had to grow up with the looming threat of Sin.

Not that guy and it's not really relevant to the argument but I vaguely recall Yuna outright saying that's why she liked Tidus. His naive upbeat attitude was, for her, a nice distraction.

>there's no rush at all
>sin's just going around annihilating small villages and wiping out any military group that gets within a few miles of it
>but yeah no rush
Spira is the most unprepared world in the entire franchise.

I don't know why but of all the 3d FFs the opening sequence to X gets me the most pumped.

I think it's a case of the general atmosphere, some of Auron's lines, and this music

youtube.com/watch?v=sodfIVM2ZpU

Sin will come back and do that all again another day.

Did you even play the game? This is all explained in detail.

Yes, but why was he upbeat? He's thrown into a completely different world with nobody he recognizes, is almost eaten, eviscerated and shot at gunpoint, witnesses the massacre of an entire village, and he's still the fucker that tells everyone he's the star player of a nation that was destroyed 1000 years ago. Any normal person would be crying in a corner, and I really don't see him as a strong-willed person.

He has monologues every 10 minutes telling you why.

>He's thrown into a completely different world with nobody he recognizes, is almost eaten, eviscerated and shot at gunpoint, witnesses the massacre of an entire village, and he's still the fucker that tells everyone he's the star player of a nation that was destroyed 1000 years ago.

There's your answer right there. He's on a massive adrenaline rush. Also he's trying to kill his old man so he's excited.

If it's completely fine for Sin to just roam around and kill whoever he wants, why the fuck is the calm sought so badly? Why don't all the races just adapt to a land-locked lifestyle? Why is 90% of Spiran life focused on water or underwater activities when there's an eldritch horror going around doing whatever the fuck it wants because it's apparently not very high on the priority list to stop it?
The entire situation just makes no sense.

>I hate my dad
>This reminds me of the time my dad mistreated me
>This is horrible
>I wonder if Yuna likes me
>I hate my dad
>I wonder if Yuna knows I hate my dad
He's such a whiny cunt, he believes the whole world revolves around him.

That girl is Posing.

Jojo reference.

>adrenaline rush
That's one damn long adrenaline rush. I don't buy it.
>excited to kill his old man
That is hardly an inspiration to travel with a bunch of weirdos to kill a big whale. Similarly, that's hardly a reason for said bunch of weirdos to take him with them, even if he is related. I'm still annoyed that the plot point of Wakka pointing out that he's a kid with no fighting experience got dropped fast.

It got dropped even earlier. Auron hands him a sword he can barely even hold when he first grabs it and two or three encounters later he's already pulling out overdrives.

>what am i in for
Why do user's respond to these shit threads? If he's about to play it he's going to find out anyway.

Will X 3 have a different battle system?

Yevon's church basically told everyone "Deus Vult".

Single Player mainline Final Fantasy games being open world has always been a meme, in every game until very late you were restricted to what you could do. You couldn't leave midgar and go straight to rocket town, I don't get why people suggest FF wasn't a linear adventure.

tl;dr Final Fantasy was never super metroid

Where are the protests against the church? Why is everyone but the Al Bhed taking everything lying down? Why are the people in developed parts of Spira not aware of Yevon's corruption and complete unwillingness to do anything about Sin?

Why shouldn't he? It's not like he's a real boy.

I hope not. I think X is my favourite battle system.

In FFX and XIII especially, the maps are either hallways with some branching paths leading to a dead end and a treasure, or a big room with one entrance and one exit.
Compared to that, FF games with more than one entrance to a zone, paths that lead to two entirely different zones, and side quests unrelated to the story that can send you to the other side of the map can be considered 'non-linear'.

He's essentially an emulation of a real boy. The Fayth have been playing Sims in dream Zanarkand since the war of the machina, so it's not like he has any special powers.

Everyone is kept purposefully ignorant. See: Wakka. It's not like they had any other options due to machina being the tool of those heathen sand-eurasians. It's not until Seymour starts murdering church officials and Yuna's group take out Yunalesca that the facade begins to drop.

Don't listen to the fags who say it doesn't look better. Tidus does looks different but he actually looks more in line with his cgi model. The only real downside is that facial animations didn't adapt well to the new models so their eyebrows tend be stiff. This is only a problem in X and not X-2, curiously enough.

I have been living under a rock from emulation for a while now, has PS2 emulation gotten any better? I tried to emulate Ratchet and Clank GC well over 3 years ago and it was unplayable.

Makes me wonder if there's a periodic system reset, or if everyone just gets reincarnated as themselves after they die barring a copy error. Might explain why Tidus looks like such a shitty Shuyin knockoff.

blitzball

>purposefully ignorant
When people are dying every day to something everyone knows can be stopped, no amount of religious influence could stop people from protesting against the acting authorities. This isn't a fantasy thing.

I started it a few months ago, slowly grinding my way through. almost finished with the main story (I think). began with the idea to plat it, but probably won't. Just gonna finish it before XV and then focus on that. start X2 when I get another rpg itch after XV.

I like the combat system, it gets boring at times, but it had always moments it suprised me and made me interested in it again. and after a while you just attack everything to death.

Story is interesting enough for a FF. nothing noteworthy tho

It's playable now but still requires a strong PC.

Keep in mind the Calm is supposed to last decades. Braska's attempt only lasted a couple of years due to Sin's programming degrading.

Fun with some cringe moments.

Tidus/Yuna/Wakka is the most comfy and well rounded comp that will get you through the game if you are concerned about swapping out party members. Use Lulu instead of Yuna for the first 1/3rd of the game so that you can teach Yuna her black magic, them dump that huge goth titty monster like the slag she is.

Cloister of Trials are always much easier then you think. Just step back from the problem and work it in reverse. You will call yourself a dumbass every single time you figure it out.

Don't run from fights unless you are about to wipe. You need the exp and it isn't fun to get to a spot that is kicking your ass just to go grind on the mobs that are kicking your ass just so you can squeak by.

Stock up on good amount of items even if you don't think you'll need them and keep even the shitty party member reasonably stocked on weapons. Game will at times force you to use particular party members and sometimes against very difficult bosses.

The combat and gameplay models are a slightly better(arguably worse) but the cutscene ones(the ones you actually pay attention to) are worse in every single way they can be.

And Tidus looks absolutely nothing like the CGI model. It looks like a potato before anything else.

>X 3

Wut?

Toriyama.

squarebd1.wordpress.com/rumoured-business-division-1-projects/

It's not 100% confirmed but it has 90% of chances of happening at this point.

By the time you hit Shiva you'll have 3 black magic spheres you can give Yuna the tier II magic. It is strong enough for her since she will be using mostly summoners and healing. It just adds a nice chunk of damage inbetween those duties.

Lulu's biggest fault is she gets the tier II spells so early and the tier III so fucking later that it isn't worth the trade off. Better to have a *slightly* weaker black mage that can heal and raise and -ra and summon aeons then a pure blm that does 10% more damage. If the party survives more then 3 rounds against a serious enemy.

>toriyama wasn't fired after stagnating the franchise for 7 years

yuna actually has a much better magic stat aroudn that time so she's faster, hits harder, can heal, and can summon. only thing lulu has over her is her overdrive which isn't even worth it.

>but dem tidays

Any tips on getting through that Infinito whatever dungeon in X-2? X-2 goes full retard with the difficulty spike. Doin alright for the longest time then suddenly Mega Tonberries rapid one shot me.

>but the cutscene ones(the ones you actually pay attention to) are worse in every single way they can be.

Now that's pure bullshit. Tidus and probably Yuna are the only ones that can applied to since they've been altered the most but everyone else looks like upgraded versions of their original looks. Everyone, including Tidus/Yuna, look measurably better. The new models have higher poly count, higher res textures, and less edges, and better hair.

And I find that he, as well as several others, do match their cgi counterparts more. This is also apparent in Rikku, who was given a much more slanted eye-look to match how obviously Asian they are in cg.

It absolutely is a black mark, it ruins not only what could have been a much better game but gave Square Penix the idea that people really did want to be confined to hallways, which is how we ended up with the mountain of diarrhea that is FFXIII.

Because some of us still enjoy being able to explore a world at our leisure, even if there is only one direction that we can really take, instead of being confined to narrow pathways the whole game.

Just use the game's most powerful strategies. Dark knight/healer combo, lady luck/gunner/berserker crit stagger, mascot costumes, the end garment grid, alchemist mixing (miracle drink, etc.), and so forth. Another odd trick is that certain bosses such as paragon and chac are actually easier to beat if you oversoul them first since they don't use their normal AIs and stop using some moves altogether. There's definitely more but these are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

>but gave Square Penix the idea that people really did want to be confined to hallways

A lot of that is misinformation. The extreme hallway structure was SE's attempt to maximize framerate/graphics on an unoptimized engine that wasn't even completed during XIII's production. Luminous was made in response to crystal tool's shortcomings in certain areas, such as dynamic lighting. It was their first forray into HD gaming as well so they didn't really know what they were doing.

Luminous also isn't really finished but it looks much more capable of rendering open areas than crystal tools ever was. LR may have had a smaller budget but you can look at it and see how the engine chugs when it tries to be open world.