Pick one and explain why

Pick one and explain why.

Left because right doesn't have Darkmoon Caverns.

>Mario Kart 8 will never get DKR DLC

Diddy for single, races, and music
Mario for battle and that's pretty much it

Diddy Kong. Mario kart 64 fucking sucks honestly, shit stages, shit graphics, shit everything. Diddy Kong racing isn't stellar but it was at least trying to do something cool and unique and I respect it a lot for that

ok i choose this one

right because much better character select

crash bandicoot

>making your own custom racer when you beat the campaign
>8 year old me maxed all the stats
>cant turn in curves because my racer spins out of control by just tilting the stick left or right.

it was fun

>and explain why

MK64 because the races in DKR were stale with all the items in the same places.

The left one is literally artifcal difficulty after you beaten the pig the first time

Excellent track design and controls and was easily the best kart racer to date

that no one has played

Left because it was ahead of it's time and Mario Kart a shit.

It completely shits on Mario Kart 8

If you pick the left, you're a hipster and a nostalgic dumbass.

But Nintendo supported it with a metric tonne of DLC while ASRT only got like 1 track and some absolute garbage PC characters.

That said Sonic's Roster > Babies

Except for the fact thaf DKR is vastly superior to MK64 in every way.

(you)

Gameplay wise.

Eh, I preferred the first one. It had it problems, but the car controls were much tighter and because there wasn't a transformation gimmick, you didn't have to deal with the insufferable hell that came with trying to maneuver the boats in that game.

MK64 and CTR both aged pretty badly but DKR is still fun.

It's really great, but CTR is still slightly better.

CTR > Sanik > other kart/party racing games

My nigga. Favorite level was the white mage stage. That music was my favorite. Also behemoth all day.

I agree. I liked the arcade feel way more.

DKR because it has a cozy hub world, an amazing OST, and took me literally years to finish.

>He doesn't like the driftan

On the contrary, I love the driftan, which is precisely the reason I prefer the first one. Drifting in S&SASR is as tight as the motorcycles in the later Mario Kart games and could be done on a dime. SASR:T felt a lot more sluggish by comparison, and when you suddenly switch to a boat it turns into an all-you-can-eat shit buffet.

Drifting was a fuck ton better in the first game. Second game has a lot going for it but they overdid it with the new engine. Also lotta bugs.

Fucking this.

Overall, Diddy Kong Racing had better courses then Mario Kart. Not saying Mario Kart didn't have good courses.

MK64 is probably my favourite game ever when I'm playing with other people.
DKR has one of the best soundtracks, and it plays fine. Story mode was a bit silly, but it's a fun racer.