My friend got reduced to tears by sexist slurs while gaming with me last night

...and I got called a faggot and told to kill myself for standing up for her.

We were playing Overwatch competitive mode and made the mistake of using team chat. She called out on mic, "Genji flank, help please"

That's it. That's all it took.

"Oh my god is that a girl?"
"Show us your tits."
"Shut the fuck up you fat cunt."
"You must be a fucking bull dyke if you play games."

Four randos, one silent, three yelling at her in chat until I convinced her to mute it and switch to discord. By then she was literally crying, and fuck victim blamers who say she should toughen up. I told them off before muting chat as well, only to have the silent person from the game send me a friend request. I accepted it to see if maybe they were equally disturbed and wanted to join up with us to give us less chances of more people like that, but nope. They sent the text in that screenshot. I just...what the fuck, guys.

i'm tired.

i'm so tired.

i'm tired of negativity, i'm tired of hatred, i'm tired of oppressive cynicism.

i'm tired of watching people's enthusiasm for the things they love get ground down by the needless attacks of other people.

i'm tired of people going out of their way to attack others, to be negative, to demean and demoralize for the sake of making themselves feel better.

of my hobbies being suffocated by people who hate the sight of anything that isn't specifically made for them

of death threats and slurs over video games, over accusing people who just want to feel included of censorship, of hurtful, hateful, vicious people

i'm tired of seeing my friends being made to cry because they happened to be a woman and dared to use voice chat in a videogame and were buried in horrible slurs

i'm tired of this community, of the people who
just...

i'm tired.

i want things to be better, but i'm running out of energy to fight for it.

and i'm tired of that, too.

I'm starting to think this hobby isn't worth it anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1304951
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""her"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Why don't you just tell them to kill themselves so they go have an existential crisis from being bullied and leave you alone?

Girl here, I literally never had this problem. If she has paper skin, she shouldn't be playing video games. Also, post this on Facebook or something, not on a Taiwanese card dealing site.

>throws flash bang at OP
>WOAH THERE
>fans the hammer
>and that's how the west was won

cause that doesn't work, and I'm not fucked up enough to tell then to end their lives. Dont want to sink to there level

just what i expect from this community, jokes about something serious..

Honestly you sound like a massive bitch and if your friend has that soft skin she should get off the fucking internet.

>mute team

Oh look problem solved, now you can call out like you need to and not hear shit. You and your friend are a pair of soft cunts. Please leave this hobby and never come back

Sorry kid, I'm sure reddit will buy your sob story

But it's sexism, and no way to stop it, except maybe if Hillary wins

>Four randos, one silent, three yelling at her in chat until I
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1304951
Thanks google.

lol nep nep strikes again

>Overwatch

First mistake. Lot of MOBAfags moved to that game, and MOBA communities are the purest form of cancer you will ever see in video games bar none

>Letting random faggots on the internet make you cry instead of responding either not at all or with snark that lights a fire under their asses to shut them down

Second mistake. No explanation needed.

>Crypost on Sup Forums about how easily offended you are by people who you don't even know, never had extended interactions with, and will probably never meet again so they have zero hold on your reputation

Three strikes, you're out. Tell your friend that if they can't handle banter they should quit life, because it isn't a college campus. Alternatively, they can suck it up, leave the server, report the players, do ANYTHING but what they just did, but no, you and your friend wanna be a little bitch. Go to fucking tumblr where you can echo chamber how horrible the mean random shitters on the internet are instead of here.

That's my thread? Why can't I post it here too?

I'm looking at this nep and I don't like it.

Clealry the real problem here.

you think that Sup Forums is a neogaf sponsor or something?

Shut up salad head

y-y-you too

Giggity