What's your honest opinion about PC UHD remake of the Final Fantasy 6?

What's your honest opinion about PC UHD remake of the Final Fantasy 6?

it's shit

Holy fuck does that look terrible

It looks like shit, the new music is an abomination and the anime chracter portraits are beyond retarded, the only redeemable thing about it is it included extras that were cut off from the original version, but those are on the less shitty versions already (the GBA one is the best all around except for the music). Fuck you if you ever play this and enjoy it, you're shitting on one of the best RPGs ever.

When did Setzer become a lady?

It's a fucking garbage port of a mobile remake.

emulator and and rom patches are a million times better.

I'm sticking to the patched GBA version personally.

the portraits are touched up versions of amano's original character designs. thats like one of the few things that is passable in it.

the rest is... ugh.

the FF1 and 2 remakes for psp were pretty good. if they did something of that quality and not just ported the mobile version it might be decent.

sad thing is, some of the people that worked on the original game are the ones that redid the character sprites... like how could they destroy those creations like this? nigh unbelievable.

Terra looks faded as fuck

>the anime chracter portraits are beyond retarded
You're right about the other ones but you also need to delete yourself.

That doesn't look half bad compared to how it looks throughout the game.

>the portraits are touched up versions of amano's original character designs
Then why Terra's hair isn't blonde?

touched up/modified.

his original art was used as the base for the portraits, but they took creative license in upscaling them and coloring and such.

amano has art of her with both colors of hair, but i guess they figured making the portrait match the sprite made more sense.

doesnt look so bad
might torrenting it

It did nothing to fix the game's issues and instead fucked up what the game did right. If you're going to make a port, don't make it worse than the fucking original game.

I was trying to decide wether to play this or the patched GBA version, but i think I'm gonna go with this one. The enemy sprites look really good, and there's mods to change the font or remove the filtering that makes the character sprites too clean

Interested in playing ff6. Not sure whether to use steam version or emulate the SNES or GBA version. Any advice?

>continuing to push that amano's artstyle is good
no.he's good at monster designs, but his character designs are pure garbo.

SNES without a fucking question.

If you seriously thing this cheap last minute flash game tier shit looks good then just get the steam version.

>thing
think*

Same.

i think it looks like upscaled cardboard cutouts put together
but not in a good way like paper mario

>defacing a classic game by putting in fuck-ugly new "superior" grafix made by some shitty interns

They might as well have remade the whole game instead of half-ass it. Maybe it would've given that My Name Is Setsuna developer some experience.

it looks disgusting. Play the original.

The game's good. The Art style and music is nasty but this can be alleviated by mods so this doesn't hurt the port so much.