youtube.com/watch?v=04WYPxRU8QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_GQNh9D68
supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206
supermodelui.com/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wWnzfA9AqrA
mega.nz/#!PMBySDZS!H7XHetIur1ogAkQtMlPkjXNZzOKE-7nAa6fiN0lHg4U
mega.nz/#!q58GmRIa!U895oY3n4OPDvj3sSAGUhN9Z4-8WUpSOd4HepXgSMlE
youtube.com/watch?v=y4Zth4GTw28
segabits.com/blog/2016/11/01/sega-amusements-reveals-daytona-3-championship-usa-plus-more-details/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just caught news of this. There is a god.

Hope this garbage stays in USA arcades and doesn't take up space in Japan. Don't need to replace initial d machines with this meme series.

>CHECKPOINT

Shit gave me PTSD or something. Heard it every time I closed my ears for months after moving from across the bowling alley.

LETS GO AWAY

DAAAYYYYYTOOOOONAAAAAAAAA

What a time to be alive
youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

That's awesome

But user, the game uses TIME EXTENSION instead of CHECKPOINT

>meme series
>initial D

console port when?

Why cant we all just get along?
youtu.be/KrAOcflMCj8

>Daytona 3 paves the way of a new era of arcades
>Sega stops making shitty Sonic games
>Sega starts using its other IP's
>Microsoft fucks off back to PC and Sega makes the dreamcast 2 shitting all over the Switch

How much would you cum?

>closed my ears

ROLLING

Buckets. I honestly want to see the switch succeed but sega should get a fair chance for a comeback

hope to see these machines in the arcade. and I hope they make car models gigantic, I miss the feel of the first series of cabinets, you know, the sitdown ones with the giant monitors.

it's sad because the only way to play these things is at the movie theaters, and they always have that shitty Batman arcade racer, or that shitty fast and furious arcade racer.

I live in Toronto so at the very least I can go to Playdium outside Mississauga. I'm fairly certain they'll have units of Daytona 3.

also while I'm there I can play some pinball. pisses me off that our city enforces ancient bylaws and pinball parlors aren't allowed to exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

LETS GO AWAY!

But Initial D is a literal meme
Daytona is the real thing

>Sega stops making Sonic games
>Just when based Taxman is making Based Sonic Mania
Nigga stop

>Sega stops making shitty sonic games
I mean, everything else you posted makes sense except for this. Why wouldn't they continue making games when their mascot sells millions?

and who is going to buy them?

no one.

you wont be able to play it

>being poor

This is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. Daytona USA is equal with the original Sega Rally as far as perfect arcade racers go.

Initial D's only claim to fame is introducing mandatory pay-to-win upgrade grinding that Maximum Tune subsequently copied and ruined the entire sub-genre.

ROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Is this real life?
youtube.com/watch?v=PxkAlzDOPJc

Is Daytona USA 2 any good?

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Hella good son

There's a Daytona 2 arcade at the amusement park I live down the road from. Closed for the season now but good to hear.

>Arcade only
Rev up those petitions!
I fucking hate that arcades in this country are pretty much dead outside of metropolitan barcades. If I want to play this, I'll most likely have to catch a three hour train just to get to the nearest arcade.

>also while I'm there I can play some pinball. pisses me off that our city enforces ancient bylaws and pinball parlors aren't allowed to exist.
I live fifteen minutes away from this family owned pizza and pinball joint. There's a big fucking back room filled with pinball machines. It's amazing or so I'm guessing from the pictures and videos. I'm too scared to go in myself.

This. I live in Central Texas. Theres a mall about an hour away that had a sega aracde room. Was fucking huge. Pretty sure it closed down long ago.

Slingshot is underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=04WYPxRU8QQ

it's probably gonna get a PC port

GAAAAAAY BOOOOOONER

Dammit, where the fuck is D2 on consoles
Where's Scud Race??

Better than Daytona 1 in every way.

Also

REMINDER PS3 GOT A PERFECT DAYTONA 1 PORT IN 1080p 60 FPS

GO GRAB IT NOW

IT'S THE ONLY HOME VERSION OF THE GAME THAT IS LITERALLY A PERFECT PORT

Unfortunately Daytona 2 never got a home port at all, but you can emulate it on PC :^)
I can upload emulator and the roms if anyone wants.

About time, i really want to fry sky high.

daytona usa arcade was revolutionary for its time, it was doing 640x480 and 60FPS in 1994. at the time consoles like the sega genesis were still struggling with 2D and sega saturn was worse with 3D.

>REMINDER PS3 GOT A PERFECT DAYTONA 1 PORT IN 1080p 60 FPS
Is that the same one that's on the 360?
Because I've got that one.

Should've posted this son:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_GQNh9D68

I think so, though the PS3 one is better due to pressure sensitive buttons making it the superior version.

Please be made by Sega themselves and not fucking Raw Thrills.

What effect does pressure sensitive buttons have in Daytona?
Analogue triggers I understand the benefit but both versions have that. The face buttons in Daytona are only used for shifting gears in Manual.
Is there something I'm missing that make the pressure sensitive buttons useful?

>arcade
sega still lives in the past, i see

Those of us that prefer to accelerate with X value pressure sensitive buttons, but if you don't then I guess it doesn't matter

So the PS3's benefit is that you can have proper acceleration if you decide to remap your acceleration/brakes away from the triggers?
I can see how that's a benefit.
It's pretty minor improvement though. Honestly, I'd consider online play not being locked behind a shitty paywall a much better benefit of the PS3 version. Even if the online is pretty dead, it's still a major improvement over the 360 version in that regard.

I never considered online, but yeah that actually is a reasonable argument seeing as PS3 doesn't have paid online.

Anyhow, anyone want me to upload that Daytona 2 + emulator?

>anyone want me to upload that Daytona 2 + emulator?
That would be cool, I have no idea where to start or run them, last I checked those emulators had no GUI and abandoned all hopes.

Supermodel 3 has a GUI but it's a separate download and Supermodel 3 itself is "officially" dead with builds on the official page being years old.
In reality the development went underground so as to not get nuked and builds get posted on forums instead.

Latest Supermodel 3 build always here:
supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206

Latest Supermodel UI build always here:
supermodelui.com/index.html

For roms you want Emuparadise.

But I'll upload a preconfigured package in a moment.

Thanks a lot user.
>development went underground so as to not get nuked
That's clever

Arcades today are just PCs though
That's what you want aren't you

>you will never be as happy as this man

Okay guys.

mega.nz/#!PMBySDZS!H7XHetIur1ogAkQtMlPkjXNZzOKE-7nAa6fiN0lHg4U

Here's the latest version of Supermodel 3 emulator with latest Supermodel UI and Daytona 2 included.

Launch with Supermodel UI exe.
By default it's set to 1080p widescreen full screen but you can reconfigure it however you want in the graphics tab of options.

Button inputs are set to default so you will want to remap those as you see fit.

For Daytona 1 just grab the PS3 or X360 version, PS3 one being slightly better due to free online and pressure sensitive face buttons. Both versions run at 1080p 60 FPS.

I could see this coming to VR. Imagine all the rednecks who have been craving a good NASCAR game.

Daytona is way too arcade for NASCAR simulation

It's the definition of arcade, the physics are arcade perfection.

>They stop making SHITTY Sonic games
not
>They stop making Sonic games

My current computer is probably nowhere near capable of running this fullspeed but thank you.
I'm going to hang on to this for when I finish ordering the parts for my gaming computer.
You're a legend.

I literally have no GPU right now due to my Gigabyte 780Ti burning and am emulating this on the integrated Intel HD graphics inside my i7 CPU and it works mostly full speed for me.

That download also has a readme with the links to the thread for new builds so you will be able to easily update it in the future. Just make sure to grab 64bit versions since I forgot to mention that this is 64bit. There's a 32bit version as well but doesn't perform as well.

Literally never had a Gigabyte product fail on me.

Google Gigabyte 780 Ti failure and you will see a ton of examples, from faulty VRAM to cards literally catching on fire. It's one giant shitfest.
And now EVGA has identical situation with their 1070 and 1080s.

This taught me never to fall for Gigabyte and EVGA memes ever again and stick to MSI which never failed in the past. I'm waiting for new card generation to come out and grabbing MSI for that once they're out.

I'm down with the idea of a new crazy taxi.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's called Yakuza 5's Kiryu story which literally has a Crazy Taxi minigame.

DAYYYTOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dude, MSI is going to suffer too, it's only a matter of time.

>Microsoft fucks off back to PC and Sega makes the dreamcast 2 shitting all over the Switch
If anybody was going to make the Dreamcast 2 happen it'd be Microsoft. Take your sonygger delusion elsewhere.

i'm sold if he comes back

MSI never had any widespread issues because they're generally more conservative with their specs.
Those 780 Tis burned because Gigabyte cheapened out on the matrix and also overclocked the cards too hard causing the shitty matrix to literally catch fire and melt.

EVGA went with cheap chinese capacitors which pop like fireworks on their 1070 and 1080 cards which is also why the cards are suffering big failure rates.

MSI literally never pulled shady shit like this, sure they may in the future but I'd rather stick to company with clear track record.

Here's Daytona 1 HD for PS3 pirates:

mega.nz/#!q58GmRIa!U895oY3n4OPDvj3sSAGUhN9Z4-8WUpSOd4HepXgSMlE

I could have sworn only the PS2 had pressure sensitive buttons

I WANNA FLYYYYYYYYY

Nope, PS3 Dual Shock 3 also has them.
PS4 and it's Dual Shock 4 are the first without pressure sensitive buttons, why is why DS4 pad is dogshit for emulation.

You're much better off modding your Dual Shock 3 like I did to give it concave triggers and DS4 analog nubs (they fit DS3 as well), give me a sec I'll snap a photo.

What else can I play with this?

Soon, the dream will return

Other than Daytona 2?

Dirt Devils
Emergency Call Ambulance
Fighting Vipers 2
Get Bass
Harley Davidson & L.A. Riders
L.A. Machineguns
Le Mans 24
The Lost World
Magical Truck Adventure
The Ocean Hunter
Scud Race
Ski Champ
Spikeout
Sega Rally 2
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
Virtua Fighter 3
Virtua Striker 2

Dirt Devils, Spikeout, Sega Rally 2, Star Wars Trilogy and Virtua Fighter 3 are the only notable titles really, other than Daytona 2 that is.

>Daytona 3
Fuck yeah. I just need a new Crazy Taxi and Outrun series as digital releases and fucking JSRF and SOA HD

I agree with all of these.

And here's some gameplay from Star Wars Trilogy

youtube.com/watch?v=y4Zth4GTw28

believe user, believe

BONERDOME!!!!!!

When does this IAAPA event gonna start anyway?

It sounds so, obscure , i dunno if we are gonna habe even the chance to see some gameplay, specially since we are talking of a japan only arcade.

segabits.com/blog/2016/11/01/sega-amusements-reveals-daytona-3-championship-usa-plus-more-details/

>UPDATE: We have learned that SEGA has assembled as much of the original Daytona team as they could to develop this game, including Takenobu Mitsuyoshi on sound.

HAPPENING

HOLY SHIT

BE GAY BE
BE GAY BE

Thanks!

Damn, how could this happens? Did we deserve this

>Arcade only

wow its fucking nothing

The dream is real

>Daytona
>not arcade
Please fuck off underage scum

>implying CE on the saturn wasnt the best version

stay pleb

>This fucking timeline
We live in the greatest timeline

But it wasn't, see Digital Foundry went very in depth why it was meh.

Saturn version was absolutely awful and ran at fucking 15 FPS.

You're a moron.

>video uses the butchered port and not the updated version that i clearly mentioned

you are a retard

It mentions the second one too and that one is 30 FPS and still awful compared to Arcade version.

Actually watch the video before you spew shit, you're a fucking moron.

Seriously get cancer and die, you won't be missed.

i did watch the video you fucking retard and they didnt mention shit, kill yourself cocksucker

Yes they did, they mentioned both Daytona releases on Saturn.
You literally haven't watched shit.
Get cancer and die.

>hurr durr

stay edgy faggot

>TRY TO GO EASY ON THE CAR
>You can take it!
>You can tak--

Grow the fuck up and grow a brain while you're at it