What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing.

it's pretty much perfect.

People with triforce tattoos wouldn't stop saying cake so now it's not cool

Not much but it still wasn't better than the 1st one.

not much, was a fantastic game

The story sections in the single player game dragged on too long.

>Le sequel will never be good as the first one maymay

the first game resulted in having memes about it
the second they embraced the memes and the game became a meme itself

Best coop game

>Puzzles are baby tier, half the game feels like a tutorial
>The humour is hit or miss
>GlaDOS new personality is kind of meh
>Wheatley is extremely annoying
Not a bad game but doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Literally unironically and objectively everything

Also the sequel to the first meme game.

The first game wasn't difficult until test chamber 18 or so. Portal 2's co-op puzzles are harder than anything in the original game.

Portal 1 was easy too but Portal 2 was even easier.
I haven't played the co-op levels because no friends but I doubt they are harder than the Portal 1 challenges.

This. so much.

You'd be surprised, the co-op has some meaty puzzles.
Though, I think with the additional length and mechanics Portal 2 still had more challenging puzzles in its single player than Portal 1 did. It also had a shitton more easy puzzles.

a master class in linear game design

Half Life 2 was better at it, Portal 2 went overboard.

Portal 2 was great, singleplayer took around 12 hours and played a few more in co-op. Won't find any puzzle games with the same atmosphere and attention to detail.

Also fucking Steve Merchant.

portal 2 was more story heavy and suffered because of that. in first one story is vague and can be placed in category of "sci-fi horror", second one suffers from forced interactions and too much goddamn narration.
it would be much more atmospheric if after motel room sequence you were not guided by that bloody narrator who tries to be funny just for the sake of it. you would just explore the levels and had time to think what could take place here, also glados was revealed and awoken too early and wheatley instead of "cheerful idiot" should have been "incompetent overestimating smartass who doesnt know any better"

Valve hasn't made any single-player games since.

nah

yeh
blame these faggots Chet and Eric for shitty writing, they are the ones putting forced humor into valve games

wheatley was awful and GlaDos was nothing like the great character "she" was in 1

Modern Valve will never release a game unless they can add microtransactions to it. Portal 2 had a store for cosmetics.

desu portal 2 has some of the better humour you'll find in video games, but i agree it can be a bit much sometimes particularly in 2

i'll take it over the lol so randumb humour that literally every other "funny" video game does

>play a female
>first person so you can't see your body
>butterface anyway

The game was made for girls.