Why is the west generally so fucking bad at chibi-shit?

Why is the west generally so fucking bad at chibi-shit?
It's not even hard, and in some cases, they get pretty close, but then fuck it up with some retarded "stylistic" choice.
I'm not just talking about merchandise, but western games as well (however few) where characters have miniature versions of themselves. You've probably at least seen one instance of it happening, even if you haven't played the game it is from.
Exceptions exist, sure, but that's all they are.

>this shit sells

WHATS WRONG WITH THEIR EYES

West can't into cute and East can't into manly.

>East can't into manly
Take it back

Can someone explain this "we need to pack every single ethnicity, personality type and religion into one cast" mentality?

Some people treat it like a novelty to have one of everything when they are creating characters, something like a 'gotta collect em all' mentality.
There's also some foundations and 'charities' out there that bully companies into being more diverse it's almost always the former though.

>Those eyes on Elly and Joel

Because to the West it just looks stupid.

>east can't into manly

>East can't into manly
wew

why is she crying acid?

Because west is going for "Quirky and cartoony" while east is going for "Cute and sweet"

I have absolutely no idea how people can find these "pop!" figures appealing
they look absolutely terrible

There's literally two brown people and the rest are white. that's 'every ethnicity and religion' to you?

Lay off the kool-aid, duder

Have you seen World of Final Fantasy threads? For some reason the west fucking absolutely hates how Chibis look, so they try to put their own spin on it to make them look less Japanese.

A lot people seem to be into the collectable aspect of them rather than caring how they look. Since they're kinda cheap as far as collectables go it's easy to buy one or two then get carried away collecting a whole set

>meanwhile in china

but it looks like complete shit, its noticeable on a small picture like this one here and I would imagine it would be easy as fuck to find mould seams and other artifacts on these figures if you were to hold it in your hands. it cannot compare to figure like this user posted and its in similar chibi style except it has limbs you can pose.

You have to remember the main market for these things are normies who probably don't even know Nendoroids exist. Meanwhile you can find these Funko things everywhere

The protagonist looks exactly like someone I know IRL.
It's a fucking nu-male: beard, glasses, even the lumberjack shirt.
It's fucking hilarious.

I've always made a point to try avoid the human based/shaped ones
For example, the Rocket Racoon and Groot Ones are pretty good, as well as the Dementor from Harry Potter.

Japanese shit like Nendos are collectibles that you have to preorder in many cases

American shit like pop figures are just convention filler garbage that are 90% impulse buys

Living in Japan, Nendos are certainly impulse toys for the bulk of people too. Sure, collectors will preorder them, and close to release they'll be harder to get, but most merch stores and cons will have a bunch of them, and people do buy them on impulse.

These Pop figures are usually passable when they eyes are obstructed.